Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Has anyone else noticed this year how suddenly a lot of players are being compared to Paul George? First Harkless, then Harris, now Porter. It's kinda funny to me how that happens.

He's good. That's what happens.

But he was drafted 10th. So you look at this draft and see less talent..people saying there are no stars..etc and you see a guy who went 10th who is playing real well, had question marks and rose above it.

Has anyone else noticed this year how suddenly a lot of players are being compared to Paul George? First Harkless, then Harris, now Porter. It's kinda funny to me how that happens.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I haven't seen anyone compare Harris to George. Frankly, it doesn't make much sense. Harkless was getting Paul George comparisons before he was drafted (also before George broke out like he did.) I can sorta see it with Porter, though I think he's less athletic and more skilled than George was at his age.

So you are still going to say that someone risked their NBA career to tell you that we were drafting #2 10 minutes before? I just want to make sure I am reading this right.

It was not common knowledge that the Magic wanted Smart 2 months ago. It was simply a player that a lot of people liked as our next PG.

My main point is no one knows as of now what is going to happen. None of us.

I've already ackowledged it could have been a guess (I suppose) and actually it was about 4 minutes before factoring in commercial break. It may not have been common knowledge that we liked Smart two months ago, but it certainly made common sense that we would have interest in him and be disappointed he stayed in school.

Message board/blog regurgitation example right there.

He plays very long and is an excellent shot disruptor. While his athleticism is not elite, name a player in the draft who's is this year?

Oh, Ben Mclemore. The guy I personally want at #2. He has ???s as well. they all do. Porter represents himself as guy with less ???s and more upside to a lot of teams.

He reminds me of Paul George because he can shoot over anybody and has excellent length on the defensive side.

My main point about Porter is I'd much rather take him at #2 than Burke.

I'd sacrifice some athleticism at SF for the potential of adding it at PG either with Schroeder or in next year's draft or even Free agency.

For starters, any of the ten guys with plus 40" verticles. There's ten examples, not including Noel, Zeller, and Plumlee who are considered extremely athletic for their respective sizes.

Any of the ten guys with plus 40" verticles. There's ten examples

LOL, I think athleticism is more than a standing vertical.

In that case, let's just draft Larkin at point.

LOL, I think athleticism is more than a standing vertical.

In that case, let's just draft Larkin at point.

Your question was who showed elite athleticism and thats what I responded to (those were max verts not standing btw). If you want to debate basketball skill then you asked the wrong question

Your question was who showed elite athleticism and thats what I responded to (those were max verts not standing btw). If you want to debate basketball skill then you should have asked a different question

Relax, my point was clear. There is no need to argue semantics.

Relax, my point was clear. There is no need to argue semantics.

Apparently it wasn't because you didn't care for my answer. Who's arguing btw? I answered your question quite literally...it's not my job to read into "your point"

Apparently it wasn't because you didn't care for my answer. Who's arguing btw? I answered your question quite literally. It's not my job to read into "your point"

Seems like you are a bit heated. Relax. We have over 30 more days of this.

Indiana took Paul George when they still had Granger, their top player at the time, still supplanted as their SF of the future. What if they went with someone that wasn't "redundant talent"? Gotta take best talent on the board.

Catman, any info on Oladipo and our interest in him?

Totally this - when you're picking in the top 5-10? ALWAYS take the best talent. I mean, the Spurs took Duncan when they had arguably one of the best centers in the game (even though Duncan is a """""Power forward""""" <- quotes added for emphasis and hilarity).

Nyce, I think the Magic prefer Ben Mac due to the huge need for 3 point shooting at the SG position.

But Oladipo has the work ethic..etc. I know the Magic will have to consider him, but I think they would take Ben over him. Just guessing on that based on the needs the magic have identified.