Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

We are getting a top-7 rotation guy from this draft. We are not getting a star. This is just one of the steps in "getting better" process. You want a guy who fits into what we currently have and, projecting forward, what we hope to have in the next 12 to 14 months.

We are getting a top-7 rotation guy from this draft. We are not getting a star. This is just one of the steps in "getting better" process. You want a guy who fits into what we currently have and, projecting forward, what we hope to have in the next 12 to 14 months.

Disagree. There are fringe all-star guys in every draft. We just need to find that guy

DJ Augustine, Mateen Cleeves, Eric Maynor, and Acie Law were all pretty good college players who showed in the tourney, but none of them every become anything in the league. I'm not bashing Burke but he is every one's darling. With all due respect people who think the tourney doesnt factor into draft stock are idiots. Its not so much what the stat line reads. It's more knowing what to look for. Lamarcus Aldridge had a really bad in the tourney when he was at TX, if my memory is correct I think he was 1-11,while Burke but up 24 pts against Louisville at college's biggest stage. So to the uneducated consumer Burke would be considered clutch while Aldridge sucks. The thing that people don't realize is that all of Aldridge's missing where off of the top of the front of the rim. When a players shot is on this what they should be hitting. There is a huge difference between a players shot not falling and choking. LA is now one of the better players in the nba.

The Aldridge stuff is just nonsense. Has nothing to do with anything.

Burke isn't just being picked off of the tourney. He was the Naismith winner after an entire season.

Go back and watch the Louisville game and Burke struggled. He is regarded as a level headed, intelligent player, but when Louisville turned up the defense he couldn't play with them. How is he going to look going up the elite athletes in the NBA? When he is pressured he is forced to react and doesnt have elite abilties to combat it. Now imagine in the playoffs going up against Rondo or Westbrook. Those guys will embaress him. If Chris Paul is my pg I love the guy coming off my bench. But what is it that people think his game will translate to the next level?

Burke was 7/11 from the floor, 3/5 from three and 7/9 from the line.

The Aldridge stuff is just nonsense. Has nothing to do with anything.

Burke isn't just being picked off of the tourney. He was the Naismith winner after an entire season.

Burke was 7/11 from the floor, 3/5 from three and 7/9 from the line.

I think he might have meant the Syracuse game, that zone was long and did give him some trouble, but he won't be facing zone D in the NBA.

Disagree. There are fringe all-star guys in every draft. We just need to find that guy

Yeah to say our best bet is to get an 8th man is silly. May as well sell the pick for pennies then.

"Top 7 rotation guy" is a range. It means it will be someone that comes in and helps and is part of the rotation, and likely a starter. But it doesn't mean that it is someone that comes in and immediately becomes our star. "Fringe all-star" sounds like a pretty wide range too.

Hey guys new poster here and long time Magic fan. I would hope the plan is to get a legit starter in this draft. Maybe we won't end with a perennial all star, but I think it's important to get a guy that fits well with our team and will for tears to come.

In Henny I trust.

I'm sure Henny knows who we are getting and has done his homework to ensure that the player we grab has the potential to be something special in this league and a hot commodity for us in the near future. I have no doubt in this management team and their skill to bring in young and exciting talent and this draft is truly a great opportunity for us magic fans to gain more trust in our GM.

As far as who I would like to see on this team...well that isn't as easy as throwing out a name. Everyone in this draft has some issues, there are no sure fires, and there sure as heck isn't a star coming straight out of college (there could be a couple if they work on their game tirelessly, but right now there are just a few guys with starter potential). So as far I'm concerned...just as long as we draft a player for a position of need and groom him into a stud like we have been doing with Harkless and Vuch last year, then I will be more than content with whoever we get.

Hey guys new poster here and long time Magic fan. I would hope the plan is to get a legit starter in this draft. Maybe we won't end with a perennial all star, but I think it's important to get a guy that fits well with our team and will for tears to come.

In Henny I trust.

If we're looking for a solid starter, I'm convinced Porter is the pick. Dude is a great SF and leader.

#InHennyItrust

Like the others I think Henny will make the right pick.

I have the feeling that Oladipo will be the pick when all is said and done. Sure he isn't exactly what you'd ideally want from a #2 overall guy but there's also very little chance that he isn't at least a quality starter and top-flight defensive stopper in the league for years to come.

Like the others I think Henny will make the right pick.

I have the feeling that Oladipo will be the pick when all is said and done. Sure he isn't exactly what you'd ideally want from a #2 overall guy but there's also very little chance that he isn't at least a quality starter and top-flight defensive stopper in the league for years to come.

I'm fine with Oli, but I just don't see us passing on B-Mac. People are seriously underrating his potential on here. He for sure has flaws no one will deny that, but that shot mixed with that athleticism is really rare. Like you said about Oli, I feel like McLemore has a nice solid NBA career. You can't bust with a shot like that and that athleticism. Worse case he's Jason Richardson but with a much better shot. Best case, as beaten to the ground as it's been, is Ray Allen. Allen had better handles but let's not forget McLemore is only 20, he will get better.