Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I know we will probably take Oldipo. I want the guy to be more than Afflalo part 2. I just hope I am wrong, but I see him as a Sefalosha type guy who will play behind the star wing we end up getting next year.

Draft day is finally here!!! I'm so pumped I can't wait to the newest members of the Magic.

Did anyone else take a sick day from the office/work today besides me...

I know we will probably take Oldipo. I want the guy to be more than Afflalo part 2. I just hope I am wrong, but I see him as a Sefalosha type guy who will play behind the star wing we end up getting next year.

He's much more athletic than AA, so at least there's that. To me he's not the sexy pick, but as Jay Bilas has said, "there's zero percent chance he fails" at the next level.

Right, but in a league that's moving toward small positions with 3 wing players on the floor at the same time you want guys who can switch screens without missing a beat. You watch the finals and imagine who in this draft could stay on the court in that game. Oladipo would play, so would Ben mclemore, McCollum, porter, Bennett, and pope.

Noel could athletically if he develops on offense but I don't see another player who fits this criteria.

Being able to throw oladipo, harkless, and Harris on lebron or Durant is appealing too

Right, but in a league that's moving toward small positions with 3 wing players on the floor at the same time you want guys who can switch screens without missing a beat. You watch the finals and imagine who in this draft could stay on the court in that game. Oladipo would play, so would Ben mclemore, McCollum, porter, Bennett, and pope.

Noel could athletically if he develops on offense but I don't see another player who fits this criteria.

Being able to throw oladipo, harkless, and Harris on lebron or Durant is appealing too

Yes, nice points. I am just going to drink this koolaid because it is 80% chance we are getting this dude at 2.

Just hoping we steal Noel. At #2, Noel is an amazing pick for us. Still a chance Cleveland balks..so much pressure on them to get a guy who can play now and add to the franchise. Noel at #1 is a risk..anywhere else he is a great pick.

Here is a wildcard..after watching Diaw -I'd put Noel on Lebron for a bit. Imagine that. Noel is so fast and long that I think he could do a better job than Diaw did.

Draft day is finally here!!! I'm so pumped I can't wait to the newest members of the Magic.

Did anyone else take a sick day from the office/work today besides me...

No, but I've been highly unproductive!

• Upvote 2

Yes, nice points. I am just going to drink this koolaid because it is 80% chance we are getting this dude at 2.

Just hoping we steal Noel. At #2, Noel is an amazing pick for us. Still a chance Cleveland balks..so much pressure on them to get a guy who can play now and add to the franchise. Noel at #1 is a risk..anywhere else he is a great pick.

Here is a wildcard..after watching Diaw -I'd put Noel on Lebron for a bit. Imagine that. Noel is so fast and long that I think he could do a better job than Diaw did.

The thing is, with Noel on the floor, that would give Lebron a chance to rest on D and recuperate for offense.

Spurs had 5 guys on the floor that could be a threat on offense and still hold their own defensively.

I don't want to get attached to oladipo as I figure there's a good chance we trade the pick.

Noel scares me. There's too many examples of guys just like him who go nowhere. I see where his ceiling is and that's awesome. But I have a strange feeling he's going to be one of those guys who fails and floats around the league for 11 years. One sleepless night in 2025 you turn on the third quarter of a regular season golden state game that's a blowout as he checks into the game for some garbage minutes. You remark in surprise " hey! I didn't know Noel was on the warriors!"

Or he becomes Ben Wallace. Who knows...

Maybe. Though diaw was more about weight I think.

The thing is, with Noel on the floor, that would give Lebron a chance to rest on D and recuperate for offense.

Spurs had 5 guys on the floor that could be a threat on offense and still hold their own defensively.

I think by that point Noel's going to have his 15 footer grooving. He already has it developed in gym workouts and impressed a lot of people.

It's easy to assume Noel will not have an offensive game like Dwight or Chandler, but I believe he showed the Magic in limited workouts (shootaround) that he has better touch than people anticipated.

My feeling is he is going to be a version of Birdman on steroids or a B version of KG.

If he can shoot the faceup J, we have ourselves a beast at PF.

I feel like Oladipo will not be a star SG. All feelings.we have no way to know what will happen. Makes it fun and annoying at the same time.

Im just going to enjoy this draft and make peace with whatever happens.

I think by that point Noel's going to have his 15 footer grooving. He already has it developed in gym workouts and impressed a lot of people.

It's easy to assume Noel will not have an offensive game like Dwight or Chandler, but I believe he showed the Magic in limited workouts (shootaround) that he has better touch than people anticipated.

My feeling is he is going to be a version of Birdman on steroids or a B version of KG.

If he can shoot the faceup J, we have ourselves a beast at PF.

I feel like Oladipo will not be a star SG. All feelings.we have no way to know what will happen. Makes it fun and annoying at the same time.

Im just going to enjoy this draft and make peace with whatever happens.

word.

7:30 can't come soon enough.