Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

He's not playing this close to the vest. He's flat out saying there won't be a deal. If it turns out he's outright lying to the press, people won't believe anything he says in the future.

He has no need to damage his credibility like that. If he was considering a deal, he'd be better off just saying nothing about it. I'm taking his words at face value, since it would be just as easy for him to say nothing at all.

He said he would be stunned if a deal was made with LA tomorrow in response to a direct question involving named players from both teams that no competent GM would ever answer honestly. Do you have any idea how that would sit with his players if he said he was actively trying to move them and then nothing gets done? If you don't get that I don't really know what to tell you. He owes the media nothing, if they don't get that he's not showing his cards than they are complete morons. Face value? The day before the draft? Okay

• Upvote 1

There's a difference between being "flexible" with language versus telling outright lies in a press conference. I just can't see what purpose it serves for Hennigan to damage his credibility like that. He could be coy or simply say nothing instead.

There's absolutely nothing he said today that would damage his credibility if a deal goes down tomorrow. He said he hadn't spoken to LA in three weeks...let's assume that's true. Is there any particular reason that talks with LA couldn't resume tomorrow leading to a deal being consummated? Do you really think a member of the media is going to be petty (had trouble deciding between petty or stupid) enough to call him out and ask why he wasn't more forthright before the deal was made? Good grief, they'd probably be laughed out of the press conference.

I get the feeling people expecting a Bledsoe trade might be disappointed.

Weird. I get the feeling I might have a bowel movement in the next 10 minutes. I don't think anyone's "expecting" anything, but there's just as good a chance now as there was before the press conference

You know, I've been seeing the Len hype too. I had a chance to watch Maryland play the U early this year and I have to say Len looked absolutely atrocious. All of his points were off put backs and he can barely handle the ball. As for defense, most of his blocks were what I'd call accidental--he's so tall that he just happens to get a piece of the ball on occasion. The combo of Miami bigs, Julian Gamble and Kenny Kadji--guys who aren't exactly world class big men--gave this guy serious fits. It's one game, I know, but this was during conference play, way into the season, and he could barely hold his own. I think Len is a bust and I hope the Cavs take him so Rob can have a shot at Noel if he really wants him.

At #2 my preference is definitely Oladipo, since McLemore's dribbling skills give me nightmares and there's a good chance Noel is gone. However, now that we're nearing draft night I kinda hope we trade down somehow. I also hope the Bledsoe trade isn't real because the long view on him isn't so attractive. Can he run an offense? Probably not, right? He might be Westbrook lite, but that's a big if. Super psyched for tomorrow whatever happens.

Right before Noel blew out his knee I watched Gator big man Patric Young push Noel's skinny arse around like he was in middle school. I wasnt impressed and thought if he didnt put on some muscle the big bodys of the nba would kill him. He also has a lot of work to do.

• Upvote 1

Right before Noel blew out his knee I watched Gator big man Patric Young push Noel's skinny arse around like he was in middle school. I wasnt impressed and thought if he didnt put on some muscle the big bodys of the nba would kill him. He also has a lot of work to do.

Fair enough! I guess it might be the Euro connection that has me thinking "he's Darko Milicic, run away!" (& Len is actually much lighter than Darko, no?). I do remember reading about Patric Young bullying Noel, now that you mention it. However, I will say that I'd rather bet on defense than offense when it comes to a really raw big man. Len doesn't look like much of a defender, but I suppose if he can turn into a Vucevic-type player he might be good. But is that likely? Given that both have injury histories, I think Noel is the safer of these two question marks, but I see what you're saying about the work both players need to do.

I don't like this proposed Minny deal. For one, I'm not a fan of Derrick Williams. Two, the PF/SF position is the one where we have plenty of youth and upside. Where does Williams fit in? I'd rather just gamble on someone at #2 than take Williams and drop 7 spots and end up with a less talented player.

What time does the draft start, it's listed on ESPN as a 5 hour scheduled time, but obviously they're gunna have people talking etc. What time do the 1st round selections actually begin?

I don't like this proposed Minny deal. For one, I'm not a fan of Derrick Williams. Two, the PF/SF position is the one where we have plenty of youth and upside. Where does Williams fit in? I'd rather just gamble on someone at #2 than take Williams and drop 7 spots and end up with a less talented player.

The difference between #2 and #9 isn't that significant, particularly in this draft, and we need talent everywhere...regardless of position.