Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

NBA scouts opinions on possible guys we might be looking at. They discuss about 50 players, good read.

Ben McLemore, 6-5 guard, Kansas: "He's not very good off the bounce and he's not great at creating his own shot, but he's the best shooter in the draft. Lack of killer instinct is certainly a question, but the fact that he's humble helps him. I think he'll be a better pro than Nerlens. He's got growth in his game."

Nerlens Noel, 7-foot center, Kentucky: "His knee injury shouldn't be a concern. Guys come back from that pretty readily. He's a game changer at the defensive end, but I don't ever see him being a 16-plus-a-night scorer. But Tyson Chandler was the second best player on a title winning team, and he can't score either. His camp seems to be focused on getting him hooked up with Hollywood. He's going to be a solid pro, but he's not going to be your standard No. 1 pick. He's got a little waist and rounded shoulders."

Victor Oladipo, 6-4 guard, Indiana: "Love his makeup. Great worker. On defense he plays like Tony Allen. He took very limited attempts to get that high (three-point) percentage. My question is, has he had his big jump already of improvement? The fact that he's a top five pick is an indictment of this draft."

http://sportsillustr...12_a6&eref=sihp

• Upvote 1

Chad Ford of ESPN.com (Insider sub. req'd) asked NBA GMs and scouts to rate the top 50 prospects in the 2013 draft using a 1-10 scale. Ford then took those scores, averaged them, and prorated them on a 100-point scale. Somewhat surprisingly, the top-rated player was not Nerlens Noel but instead Indiana's Victor Oladipo.

I think some team is going to offer us something we can't refuse to move up and get this guy.

Alright, I'm finally sold on Oladipo. At least he'd be fun to watch with all the energy he brings to the table. I think he's furthest along of the bunch at addressing his biggest weakness and has a strong work ethic with the strides he made this year. I feel like we'll be throwing back to the Heart and Hustle days.

Kevin Pelton with his statistically based rankings (Projected Win % and Projected WARP):

1. Noel

2. Porter

3. Caldwell-Pope

4. Zeller

5. McCollum

17. Oladipo

18. McLemore

(Note: Schroeder had no transferable stats)

Using just Projected WARP, here are some curve balls: Andre Roberson (#3) and Nate Wolters (#10).

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/story/_/page/PerDiem-130624/ranking-prospects-warp

Bledsoe- oladipo- harkless would lock down the perimeter

Yea but would create 0 floor spacing and we wouldn't score over 70 points a game.

Alright, I'm finally sold on Oladipo. At least he'd be fun to watch with all the energy he brings to the table. I think he's furthest along of the bunch at addressing his biggest weakness and has a strong work ethic with the strides he made this year. I feel like we'll be throwing back to the Heart and Hustle days.

Yea those were glorious winning days. Wasn't that just a marketing ploy to get people to go to the games? I don't mind Oli as much as I once did, but it's true what Chad Ford said in that him being rated this high is an idictment of how weak this draft is.

I'm still all in on McLemore and would be shocked if we passed on him if he's there at 2. That's our pick. I'm telling you all, he's ours. Based off nothing but my gut feeling. All this BS crap coming out on him I don't buy, and personally I think your a sucker if you do. I tend to hold more weight in what actual players say and McLemore laughs at the notion that he doesn't workout hard or may be "out of shape". Dude is in the gym non stop. Get real. Phoenix wishes he would fall to them.

And if that Noel Hollywood rumor has any legs to it whatsoever completely scratch him off the list.