Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I like Mclemore if the Bledsoe trade goes down.

His spot up shooting will be a great complement to Bledsoe's up tempo attack the rim game.

But I wouldn't be upset if we went with Olidipo.

Elite shooting.

The Magic run the Spurs offense, which will get Ben a lot of corner 3s. That also means they would prefer to push the pace and Ben excels in the open floor.

Ok, that's two. But the cailber of shooting is what excites me the most. You have to have a great outside shooter in today's NBA. The Magic do not currently have one.

I see Dipo's form and I just don't think the gap is so huge, although I'll admit Ben is hands down the better shooter right now. I just feel Dipo could close that gap eventually. Ben definitely has his place in the NBA presently because of his shot but Dipo's motor, form, and defense, just doesn't make Ben the obvious pick at 2 for me.

For the record, I am a fan of absolutely NO ONE in this draft. Not one player jives well with me at the 2 spot.

I like Mclemore if the Bledsoe trade goes down.

His spot up shooting will be a great complement to Bledsoe's up tempo attack the rim game.

But I wouldn't be upset if we went with Olidipo.

Yeah I could be for that if we're basing everything on paper. Potentially though, I wonder if Dipo winds up to be the better player.

I do hope we get Bledsoe though.

At this point I won't be happy with the #2 pick result unless:

1. We trade down

2. Cavs don't pick Noel, and we get him (I don't know why, I'm just not as scared as most of ya'll. History won't judge us badly for picking who the majority thinks should go #1 at #2, even if it went wrong.. that and the GF is from Kentucky and it would make my life easier :shard: )

3. pick B-Mac

4. Olapido

I'm still kind of split on B-Mac and Olapido, would be fine with either one.. but if Noel is still sitting there, I think we better take him. Just a gut call. Or at least trade down with someone who wants Noel really bad, maybe Henny gets an offer he can't refuse in that situation.

O. Pinstriped Post ‏@OPPMagicBlog 10m<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; ">Rumor: Magic and Clippers are "expected" to do Afflalo/Bledsoe/Butler trade on Thursdayhttp://sbn.to/10gNJZ9 <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; ">Details

I don't think I've ever been so excited about a guy who's averaged 6.7ppg, 2.7rpg, and 3apg in 19mpg over a three year career. My question is does he start and move Jameer to the bench or does he relieve and start only when Jameer is out? I just think the guy is going to explode and has the potential to be a very solid PG, especially on the defensive end...so much so that I'm posting this in the wrong thread and don't even care. This deal better happen!

This potential Bledsoe trade also gets me excited about the idea of drafting Benny or Dipo. That back court would run and jump everyone out of the gym (and probably complement the star forward we're all expecting from the 2014 draft ;) )

Although I do wonder whether the acquisitions of Bledsoe and Benny/Dipo take us out of the running for Smart if we were to drop far enough in the lottery...

That being said, I don't see Jameer coming off the bench just yet. Of course minute distribution is a different matter, and I'm sure that we'll continue to see a fair share of Hollywood injuries from the vets...

Apologies if I posted this on the wrong thread, I figured since it would occur on draft night I could slip it on by. (Try to refrain from the innuendoes)

I don't get the article? It seems to be referring to a previous Evan Dunlap article in which, on June 19th he writes, "the Clippers appear to be holding out for now and hoping to get more than what Orlando is offering". So is there some new revelation that leads one to believe that this deal is imminent? Its like the author is citing a source that isn't actually confirming what he is saying is going to happen?

Edit: Nevermind...I clicked the wrong link from the article.

Sounds like BS given that the Clippers would have nobody at the 3 if Matt Barnes walks, I'm pretty confident they would ask for Harkless.

They can ask for Harkless all they want but they wont be getting him. If anything I'd give them some of the TPE to go along with the deal.