Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I'd take Noel at #2 in a heartbeat

200lb c/pf in the nba is going to struggle to guard other bigs and rebound. throw in his the offensive game and the two knee injuries and you have a high bust candidate. What really hurts noel for me is the fact I can not see him live vs other bigs. As a team with the worst record in the league and a really bad season. I dont want it to be for nothing. The more I think of it the more I want to run away.

Big board:

1 Burke (I think he has the least chance to bust)

2 Bmac

3 Victor

4 Noel

Joakim Noah weighs 230 pounds and plays center and this year he was an all-star and made the All-Defensive 1st team, Noel's weight was near 220lbs before he got injured.

Noel reads the game on the defensive end extremely well, he is an elite shot blocker and a good rebounder, he runs the floor like a guard (somewhat like Noah) and is an above average passer for his position (also somewhat like Noah but not on Noah's level at the moment) and is actually capable of getting to the rim off the dribble a little bit as well. He also is good at jumping into passing lanes and has quick hands to strip the ball as well. If Cleveland take Porter and Noel's injury checks out then I'd take him in an absolute heartbeat.

I hate when people say that he compares to Ibaka or Sanders. Both those guys are elite shot blockers but Noel has the potential to be so much more than those guys.

I've gone back and forth with myself about Nerlens for months but honestly I feel like he has the highest potential to impact a game of anybody in this draft. Plus if we get Schroeder somehow with a later pick that would be an insane pick and roll tandem (every time I watch Schroeder he always seems to love to throw the lob even to less athletic guys and Noel pretty much finishes everything that's thrown up for him).

Realistically what pick is Schroeder expected to be drafted around? I would love for the Magic to come out of the first round with any combination of Porter/BMac/Noel and Schroeder. I don't think you could ask for it to happen any better.

Realistically what pick is Schroeder expected to be drafted around? I would love for the Magic to come out of the first round with any combination of Porter/BMac/Noel and Schroeder. I don't think you could ask for it to happen any better.

Draftexpress have him at #14 to the Jazz. NBAdraft.net has him at #12 to the Thunder.

I don't have ESPN insider so I can't see where Chad Ford has him going.

If the magic believe Harkless can play the 2, then Porter makes alot of sense.

Tobias Harris IS a PF in the current NBA.

The question with Harkless is the handles, i am confident he is going to be a good 3 point shooter atleast when someone gets him the ball.

can we come up with a comparison for Porter? is he basically kind of like Rashard Lewis, when he was young? very skilled but average athleticism. Shard was a 3 when he came into the league(btw i will take a high skill level over high athleticism if given the choice)

and if Noel is at 2 then what? granted i was just listening to bill simmons and brian windhorst talk about Noel, is this guy, who is 206 really going to be able to put on much weight with a potentially bad knee?

but then i look at our team and think the risk is worth it, having someone who is a force at defending basket, and can finish at the rim is very valuable

I disagree with Harris being a PF. I think he obviously can play PF on some nights and throughout the game at times but if our front-court is Harris and Vuch were going to be absolutley throttled inside on a night to night basis.

The reality is it doesn't matter what positions any of our current players play. If Henny feels that Porter is the best available player, that's who we should take. Were far to bad to be selecting players based on position.

Draftexpress have him at #14 to the Jazz. NBAdraft.net has him at #12 to the Thunder.

I don't have ESPN insider so I can't see where Chad Ford has him going.

So if the Thunder pass on him at 12 then a trade with the Mavs for pick #13 would really make perfect sense. Do it Henny!

So if the Thunder pass on him at 12 then a trade with the Mavs for pick #13 would really make perfect sense. Do it Henny!

To be honest I don't really see Schroeder to the Thunder. They have Reggie Jackson who just played pretty well in Westbrook's absence and are desperate for a center. Regardless, I do feel like #13 would be a good place to take him and since the Mavs are looking to offload the pick it's a possibility.

I got to thinking yesterday and started looking what this draft offers compared to next years draft and this is my top 5 big board considering we stay at 2.

1. B-Mac - I think the Alpha Male is gonna come out in him in a couple of years and we aren't gonna want to miss on that. Plus he can shoot lights out.

2. Noel - If he wouldn't of got hurt he would hands down be the #1 pick in this draft. If we got him he could sit a whole season cause he are gonna be bad anyways, and he could be a great shot blocker and hustle big man for us.

3. Burke - I've been one of the biggest Burke pushers, but looking at next year I would rather have Smart or A. Harrison over him which has made him less valuable to me.

4. Oladipo - He is a great hustler and defender. I just don't like anything about his O game. Only reason he isn't 3rd on the list though is I hope we sign Tony Allen...

5. Porter - He seems like a jack of all trades but a king on none to me, and the same with burke applies with him. I would much rather have Wiggins/Parker/Randle than him.

As far as trading to the #13 pick. I would like Schroeder, MCW, KCP, or a big depending on who we pick at #2

Schroeder absolutely torched Andrew Harrison in the Nike Hoop Summit and it's yet to be determined whether he can pass to anybody but his brother.

Schroeder absolutely torched Andrew Harrison in the Nike Hoop Summit and it's yet to be determined whether he can pass to anybody but his brother.

Didn't Schroeder torch everybody at the Summit? That is why he is as high as he is on draft boards

I got to thinking yesterday and started looking what this draft offers compared to next years draft and this is my top 5 big board considering we stay at 2.

1. B-Mac - I think the Alpha Male is gonna come out in him in a couple of years and we aren't gonna want to miss on that. Plus he can shoot lights out.

2. Noel - If he wouldn't of got hurt he would hands down be the #1 pick in this draft. If we got him he could sit a whole season cause he are gonna be bad anyways, and he could be a great shot blocker and hustle big man for us.

3. Burke - I've been one of the biggest Burke pushers, but looking at next year I would rather have Smart or A. Harrison over him which has made him less valuable to me.

4. Oladipo - He is a great hustler and defender. I just don't like anything about his O game. Only reason he isn't 3rd on the list though is I hope we sign Tony Allen...

5. Porter - He seems like a jack of all trades but a king on none to me, and the same with burke applies with him. I would much rather have Wiggins/Parker/Randle than him.

As far as trading to the #13 pick. I would like Schroeder, MCW, KCP, or a big depending on who we pick at #2

You can't use future drafts to dictate who you pick in this draft. You pick best player available. We have two good small forwards. We could draft one of the two or three good small forwards next year. If Otto porter is the guy you like the best you still have to draft him. Talent is more important than fit at this point