Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I hope what you are being told is the truth. I feel he has the best talent, leadership, and drive to be great in this draft. My fingers will be crossed until June 27th

Its happening, although we will likely trade down a slot or two

The Cavs aren't drafting McLemore when they just drafted Waiters last year, so to not have B-Mac even on this list of potential draftees for us is foolish. I don't care if you hate the guy, you look stupid not even listing him as someone we might draft.

I read the exchange wrong. Bilas said that McLemore was the best prospect in the draft.

I guess it really depends on what you place more value on when looking for a wing player. Both players have clear weaknesses.

Hopefully the Cavs take Noel off our hands, I think he's destined to be a bust. Between Burke, McLemore, and Oladipo... Burke plays the position we need most, McLemore probably has the most potential, and Oladipo is the most likely to be a solid NBA player for years.

Trey Burke will be a Magician mark my words. Being told our camp believes he's a franchise PG and honestly think he's a Chris Paul type talent and being vastly underrated...which they love. If you don't like it, start getting used to it now because its happening.

Boom!!! smile_creaturedance.gifsmile_creaturedance.gifsmile_creaturedance.gif

trade down to #5 for both of PHX's picks and get Burk & Hardaway Jr. This'll make RDV and his Michigan roots happy.

Boom!!! smile_creaturedance.gifsmile_creaturedance.gifsmile_creaturedance.gif

To add to this, drafting him at #2 only takes the pressure off him, and to a lesser extent, us as a franchise. The beauty is Nelson can ease him in and almost definitely will be injured enough to give him every opportunity to play significant minutes. When you really break it down, is there a better pure basketball player in this draft than Trey Burke? The answer is no. Yes he has flaws, but the guy has all the intangibles and really does have great PG and leadership skills. I'm not trying to sell this, I'm just telling you what I'm hearing from behind closed doors. Do not be surprised if we trade down and take him at 4 or 5, and count on McLemore buzz...he's our greatest leverage. Henny loves Burke...its part of the reason we didn't interview him at the combine. This guys hobby is being three steps ahead of the competition...its really a beautiful thing, to care and scheme that is. Henny is the ultimate poker player. He's the card counting dork that walks away from the table with the stash before the tapes start rolling

Every top prospect in this draft has flaws. Assuming Noel goes 1 and we keep the pick i'm thinking BMac. I love many aspects of Otto Porter's game but strongly question his ability to shoot at the next level. Oladipo is a great defender but cannot see him becoming anything more than serviceable on offense. Absolutely love Burke if he is going to be my backup pg. In the title game people will say he played great scoring 24 pts but he really struggled against the Louisville defense and just looked out of control at times. BMac can shoot the lights out and because of that he will always have a place in the NBA. He may not turn out to be the man, but none of the other guys will. And in my opinion and he has a skill set that will translate better to the nba game than any of the other mentioned prospects.