Sign in to follow this  
Blackhennie

Your Starting line up

I made an offseason thread that had a limited amount of options for the starting line up so I want to make a thread that had alot more opion for the starting team come next year.

Who do you want to have in the starting line up? (using our current team)

I made an offseason thread that had a limited amount of options for the starting line up so I want to make a thread that had alot more opion for the starting team come next year.

Who do you want to have in the starting line up? (using our current team)

my choices are in the majority for everything except the last question. we need another pf, and possibly another point. but i can reserve judgement on the point until mid season.

I voted Dwight/Battie/Lewis/Ariza/Nelson. I think this is our best team for offense and defense. Ariza gives a good guard defender while Dwight takes care of PF and Cs down lown. Lewis and Nelson can take outside shots, Ariza will drive, Dwight will dominate in the post. JJ, Turk, Arroyo for our back ups. I'm mainly concerned about who will back up Dwight/Battie. We have no one now. Augustine,Gortat is a joke.

I like Ariza a Pf. He can play a Shawn marion type role and use his reb and athletic skill in the up tempo style. Him and lewis can switch either forward spot though but i think ariza would make the better Pf and lewis would fit in his natural sf spot.

i Have ariza at pf gives us Battie, Gortat, augustine, and turk coming in to fill the back up center and pf spots.

neslon, jj, lewis, ariza, howard

we can see what our young team is all about. what fun this team would be.

Are you for real. Lewis will get killed at pf. And Ariza at sg. cmon thats like putting shawn marion at sg. Leave them at sf and occasionally put them at sg but not to start though. Lewis is to small to bang with the pfs in this league. I just dont see the aggression in his game to play pf. Hes not physical enough to be a pf. If he was a pf we ll he still take 3s or not. I watched alot of Trevor Ariza and he never shoots the ball just drives all game. Would you want a Ariza with a one sided game play sg. If he was to develop a mid range game then im all for it, but now HELL NAW. Thats why i think we need another sg. Oh yea Turk is done in Orlando. Hes is not needed here. We should trade him for some depth in sg or pf.

First of all, I do not think Turk is done here, Otis loves the guy and has already said he wants Turk and rashard on the floor at the same time. I believe on offense we could see Turk play the two and Ariza play the three and then they switch on defense. At this point I do not think any one knows how Rashard could paly at the four, because he has never had a big man like Dwight palying next to him. I think Rashard could get away playing power forward similarly to how Dallas uses Dirk.

quote:
Originally posted by JayDubya28:

First of all, I do not think Turk is done here, Otis loves the guy and has already said he wants Turk and rashard on the floor at the same time. I believe on offense we could see Turk play the two and Ariza play the three and then they switch on defense. At this point I do not think any one knows how Rashard could paly at the four, because he has never had a big man like Dwight palying next to him. I think Rashard could get away playing power forward similarly to how Dallas uses Dirk.

So basically your saying that we re now gonna be the Eastern Conference version of the Suns now. Just jak 3s all game. Ok they can try the Lewis at pf out cause i ve thought him being like a Dirk type. But Turk at sg i dont know about that. We ll see what happens. Hopefully he well become more of a rebounder type to then if he gonna be a pf now.

quote:
Originally posted by JayDubya28:

I'd like to see them give this lineup a try

PG- Nelson

SG- Ariza

SF- Turk

PF- Lewis

Ce- Dwight

thats my lineup as well...

Lewis has an excellent inside game, although, we will have a problem when we face teams with 2 good offensive post threats, like Detroit, Phoenix, NY, etc., because we'd normally put D12 vs. the opponents primary big, but because theres 2...yeah...you get the idea...

other than that, i say he gets the nod at PF...BUT i will say that i believe they'll grab another PF (PJ Brown, K. Brown, Haslem, Webber, etc.) and that would change the situation entirely...