Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Bucks @ Magic

Finally we get win number 20! Hoping this game gives Lamb some confidence to finish the season out, great to see him finally getting some nice shots in.

Lamb finally looked comfortable. I hope this is the game that gets the monkey off of his back. JV I'm sure has been pouring into him to just be himself. SVG would have never gone for such tactics, giving him ample time to prove himself on the court even when he was playing terribly.

Has there ever been two 30 point 20 reb players on the same team the same night. I would bet its never happened.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I've certainly never heard of it happening. I'd bet it did in the 60s/70s time-frame more then a few times though. Different game.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I've certainly never heard of it happening. I'd bet it did in the 60s/70s time-frame more then a few times though. Different game.

March 15, 1967

Willis Reed (with 31&21) and Walt Bellamy (with 32&22) for NY Knicks vs. Baltimore Bullets

I'm not defending the refs...they're horrible most of the time. I was simply explaining the actions that lead to the double tech

Sorry if I came off pointedly, was more a commentary on crappy refs in general than your explanation. Double techs always annoy me as the province of clueless officiating.

March 15, 1967

Willis Reed (with 31&21) and Walt Bellamy (with 32&22) for NY Knicks vs. Baltimore Bullets

ESPN is running on the bottom line that it's the first two player 30-15-5 in the league since 67'. I'm guessing that refers to your above find.

Pretty damn impressive.

damn, wish I saw this game. Harris and Vuc have a hell of a box score. Lamb looks like he played well according to the box score. Did he pass the eye test to day? Really hoping its a break out game for him and not a one and done thing.

He did pass the eye test to me. And as mentioned earlier, he finally looked comfortable and his box score reflected that. I was most impressed with his defense which I mentioned earlier on this thread. He had no problem getting up in Ellis' or Redicks' grill late in the game and that's what I was most surprised with. That stroke is pure, really really pure.

Hope this gives him some confidence to finish the year on a strong note to head into next season, because I wasn't sure (still not completely sold) that he would be on the roster come next season. But like I said, he was impressive on both ends of the court today and that shot is purely beautiful.

149450_10200264665353659_1659366217_n.jpg

I love Hedo's new role with this team. Love, happiness, live and let live. :shard:

Rob (and his team) has proven so huge for this ballclub, in such a short time and after such a franchise shock... His hire is the definition of money well spent. He goes out in the offseason, under immense pressure, and picks two guys from philly with little 'sample size'; they turn out gold. He picks two guys from milwaukee with little 'sample size', bingo again. And he's a great guy. I mean wow.

Sorry if I came off pointedly, was more a commentary on crappy refs in general than your explanation. Double techs always annoy me as the province of clueless officiating.

Oh yeah, no, I totally get it.

Just watched this game from start to finish on League Pass and WOW! Harris was superb, Vucevic was superb and I was really impressed with Lamb. Massive props go to JV though because he actually ran a play for Lamb in OT with the game still close; that right there is gutsy and might pay off big with Lamb's confidence. Also big props to Harkless, dude played 50 mins and never stopped working had a steal and a block and played good D throughout. He was cold from behind the arc but still had a decent numbers.

On another note... Wow Monta Ellis is terrible. In fact the entire Bucks organisation is pretty poor. The coach has JJ standing out on the 3 pt line doing absolutely nothing for most of the time he's in the game, the only time he ever seems to get a shot is when he shoots off the dribble which certainly isn't his strong suit. The GM was dumb enough to trade away Tobias who we've all seen is far more talented offensively than Marquis Daniels and Mbah a Moute combined and for what? To get dumped out of the playoffs in the 1st round without winning a game? Honestly I think we'll win a playoff series before the Bucks unless they make drastic changes very quickly. John Henson is the only bright spot the Bucks fans have to hold on to.

I realiize that Tobias has only played 24 games for us, but this is looking like what could be the best trade that the Magic front office has ever made. I love his pugilist attitude, which is something I haven't seen on this team in a long time. When he is on the court, he wants to BEAT you. Not in a dirty way, but he plays with an attitude that is not teachable. I'm hoping that some of his grit rubs off on the others, especially Vuc and Nicholson. When I lived in Chicago, I saw a lot of the Bulls games when MJ was at his peak, and it wasn't just his physical skills that made him a winner, but also his hatred for losing. I'm not comparing the two, but there are some similarities that excite the hell out of me in regards to what this guy could turn into.

• Upvote 1