Sign in to follow this  
djmase20

Yi getting blocked? Fran pt 2. Could we swoop in?

espn

We could let Yi live on the old Spendid China property. It does not getting any closer to China than that. Complete with mini-Great Wall and Forbidden City.

Seriosly though, would Hedo/Dooling be enough to pry away Yi form the Bucks? And would his handlers be ok with Orlando?

espn

We could let Yi live on the old Spendid China property. It does not getting any closer to China than that. Complete with mini-Great Wall and Forbidden City.

Seriosly though, would Hedo/Dooling be enough to pry away Yi form the Bucks? And would his handlers be ok with Orlando?

I think the Bucks will rebuff any offers for a while - for pride's sake. This really sucks for them. It is a bit different than us and Fran, I think, because Fran made the decision not to come over vs. it being any issue with his country or with our team.

Still, this will only hurt any future Chinese players. Teams will think twice about drafting any Chinese player with a high pick.

But I do think that Splendid China could work!

quote:
or the China pavilion at Epcot...it has a ride!!

LOL. I was thinking that. Orlando is the PERFECT place for him. He could fill our need at the 4 spot and get General Tso chicken at games.

From what I have heard, they are looking for him to move to one of the California teams.

Any team in their right mind would negotiate a deal with China before trading for him. Glad to see a competitor NOT learning from our Fran mistake.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

espn

DJ not to give you bad news, but I heard that the Mini-Wall of China was purchased in auction. I think it Yi comes here we find out who the guy was who bought it and he either sells or we all get together and take pieces of the Mini-Wall and put it in Yi's yard. The General Tso's is a big plus and who knows maybe he will become a little more Americanized and go for the Chicken Tenders that do so much for the Truth.

Yi would be the perfect PF to add if we were to try and run n gun next year. I dont know what it would take to get him though. But i guess trying to aquire Yi would make too much sense so Otis wont do it.

All I can say is, way to go Bucks!

Maybe people will talk about Milwaukee's goof with Yi as opposed to ours with Fran.

What a complete waste of a sixth pick. You could tell that he wasn't happy at all when he was on stage with David Stern. Also these are the sort of reasons why the West owns the East. Dumb draft picks, and Eastern teams seem to have the black plague to free agents. Generally speaking.

Thank you Milwaukee for overshadowing the Magic's ineptitude in the 2005 draft.

Yi made it known from the beginning that he would not play in Milwaukee and they still drafted him. If he ends up not playing for them and re-enters the draft next season that is much worse than what Fran did. Fran was just a panzie. Yi has handlers, agents, and his current team that do not want him to play for the Bucks. I think what would probably make the most sense for them is to move him to Golden State and see if they can get Brandon Wright back in exchange.

That brings up an interesting question to me at least. As long as players are not under contract you can trade their rights correct?? Could the Magic trade Fran's rights for Yi's rights or could Golden State exchange Wright's rights? Do you have to match up the 1st year salaries??

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

... could Golden State exchange Wright's rights?

The Warriors recently signed Wright to his rookie deal so he is ineligible to be traded right now.