Sign in to follow this  
Dwights my Hero

You are BLIND if you are still optimistic about next year!!!!!

The goal was to get to a Championship, and by signing Lewis and getting rid of Darko (that's exactly what Otis did btw) we are now:

1. capped out for the next 6 years

2. without a second big guy that, controversial as he was, was still by far our most perspective asset.

This team needed a PG - Chauncey or Arenas next year. nelson, Arroyo or Diener are not gonna get us a ring

quote:
Originally posted by b2theizzo:

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

1. What cap room would we have had anyways?

2. Grant was never coming back.

3. Darko was a lazy backup last year. His contribution, while solid, was not crucial to our team's success.

Its not blind to be optimistic. Why were teams able to figure us out? Because you could send 2-3 guys at Dwight and it was a wrap for us. Can teams do that this year? At the risk of leaving Shard or maybe a JJ Redick wide open?

We got a better coach who's excellent defensively, but doesn't handcuff his team on offense the way B Hill did. Yeah, our front court will be thin unless we make any deals - but we have a man who controls the paint on both sides as much as anybody in the game. We're now forced to make sure we work on player development and scouting - which is something we've needed to do for years. Cap space doesn't carry over. It would have been sucked up by our extensions anyways.

Perfectly stated BRich and great points.

I concur....Well said Rich....by the way, we have three expiring contracts that can be moved all the way until the allstar break, and by the way, I really hope all of this overpayment crap sets off Lewis to the point that he makes the starting lineup of this years allstar game!!!!!! Go Magic!!

It could have been a lot worse. The Magic could have retained Brian Hill and paid Darko the 10 million per year that he wanted.

Instead, they addressed the coaching position and brought in Stan Van Gundy, and signed the best player in the entire market this year. They also re-signed Dwight Howard, to assure that he will be leading the Magic for a long time. Sure, they could have managed their money better, but you have to at least give the front office credit for making an effort to win next year.

Guys.... You are like the same people years ago saying Chauncy Billups will amount to nothing...He cannot even stick with a team..

Now everyone seems to want him... We need to let our young guys grow together.. It took Chauncy 3 or 4 years to get consistent and TMac a few years to get it going.

This is the same group of guys complaining about trading draft picks away, but also saying you think we need to add this and that to get people in front of JJ and Ariza.. Gortat could crush the intramarual college teams and so could Augie.. Just give them a chance.. Gortat will be very good for us at this level, he has continued to work and gives his all to make it on this team, he wants to be here.

So in conclusion stop whining about trading draft picks away and then in the same breath whine that our team sucks because we do not have proven guys at every position!!!!!!!!

Otis has already stated we need to add to our frontcourt, so until he does please be quiet and stop the moaning!!!! We are not even close to the start of the season yet, give me a break, I am sorry things cannot get done in your time frame, but they will get done...

quote:
Originally posted by Dwights my Hero:

Assuming that this is our final roster.... our team is a joke.

DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND WE PAID RASHARD MORE THEN WHAT VINCE AND CHAUNCEY SIGNED FOR COMBINED??????????

do you understand that we did absolutely nothing in the draft??? Anyone can go out and sign Rashard to a max deal especially when your gonna pay him 40 million more then anyone wants to give him.

Keith Bogans, Pat Garrity, James Augustine, Gortat?, Tony Battie. Come on man everyone on my college intramural basketball team could make the team over these guys.

We have taken a step backwards not only for this year since we lost Darko and Grant, but now we have no cap room to better the team in the future. The next 6 years will be rough for us Magic fans and I think that your blind if you cant see this as FACT.

I've already stated this on a previous thread. As long as Dwight starts as our center, the PF doesn't have to be Kevin Garnett. As long as it's someone who can compliment him.

What some don't understand is that a team doesn't have to be deep or strong at every position in order to win. As long as you have a solid two, to three positions, then you'll be fine. And what's this about needing a pure PG. Just look at the two teams that made it to the finals last season:

Spurs:PG Tony Parker (Very nice PG, but not pass first)

SG Bruce Bowen: Keith Bogans, anyone? Without the presence of Duncan, this guy is merely a better defender than bogans.

Brent Barry: A mediocre SF

PF: Tim Duncan: Now, this is the reason why they're so dominant. Him and Parker compliment each other so greatly that other role players are becoming noticed as players that can start anywhere.

C: Fabricio Oberto: I prove me point.

As for the Cavs:

PG Larry Freakin Hughes?! (God Awful)

SG Pavlovic

SF Lebron

PF The flopper

C Big Z

Now, Cleveland is a special case. Without Lebron I could see that team winning no more than 25 games. This is to show you that having roster holes doesn't mean that you can't compete with the best.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND WE PAID RASHARD MORE THEN WHAT VINCE AND CHAUNCEY SIGNED FOR COMBINED??????????

do you understand that we did absolutely nothing in the draft??? Anyone can go out and sign Rashard to a max deal especially when your gonna pay him 40 million more then anyone wants to give him.

Keith Bogans, Pat Garrity, James Augustine, Gortat?, Tony Battie. Come on man everyone on my college intramural basketball team could make the team over these guys.

We have taken a step backwards not only for this year since we lost Darko and Grant, but now we have no cap room to better the team in the future. The next 6 years will be rough for us Magic fans and I think that your blind if you cant see this as FACT.

I've already stated this on a previous thread. As long as Dwight starts as our center, the PF doesn't have to be Kevin Garnett. As long as it's someone who can compliment him.

What some don't understand is that a team doesn't have to be deep or strong at every position in order to win. As long as you have a solid two, to three positions, then you'll be fine. And what's this about needing a pure PG. Just look at the two teams that made it to the finals last season:

Spurs:PG Tony Parker (Very nice PG, but not pass first)

SG Bruce Bowen: Keith Bogans, anyone? Without the presence of Duncan, this guy is merely a better defender than bogans.

Brent Barry: A mediocre SF

PF: Tim Duncan: Now, this is the reason why they're so dominant. Him and Parker compliment each other so greatly that other role players are becoming noticed as players that can start anywhere.

C: Fabricio Oberto: I prove me point.

As for the Cavs:

PG Larry Freakin Hughes?! (God Awful)

SG Pavlovic

SF Lebron

PF The flopper

C Big Z

Now, Cleveland is a special case. Without Lebron I could see that team winning no more than 25 games. This is to show you that having roster holes doesn't mean that you can't compete with the best.

***WINNER***WINNER****WINNER!!!!!!!!! Well said TITY, in fact who knows what would have happened if Bogans got more PT during the regular season. Great comparision and execellent example. Now if we can add a vet bigman, to plug the whole left by Darko, or bring Franny (long shot I know) we would have as solid a rotation as there is....we are not far off at all!!!!

By the way, color me Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Helen Keller.....whatever...this is my team....and these are our boys, so color my glasses MAGIC BLUE BABY!!!! GO MAGIC!!!!!!

quote:

Grow up, FACT.