Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Young Players who may Explode in 13-14

Vucevic is insanely underrated on magic forums. the kid is averaging 20/17 in april, as a scorer he has plenty of room to grow, as a rebounder he will probably top out around 12-13. defense is another story, getting stronger would atleast help him guarding the post

the guy had a 30/20 game with 5 assists, he had two 20/20 games vs the heat, and yet some people still downplay his upside :svgsad:/>

He's doing these things against poor teams. He's got room to grow but it's not like he put up these numbers against the spurs or griz. Don't forget he also let Henson have a career night

• Upvote 1

Vucevic is insanely underrated on magic forums. the kid is averaging 20/17 in april, as a scorer he has plenty of room to grow, as a rebounder he will probably top out around 12-13. defense is another story, getting stronger would atleast help him guarding the post

the guy had a 30/20 game with 5 assists, he had two 20/20 games vs the heat, and yet some people still downplay his upside :svgsad:/>

Vucevic is not underrated, he's pretty smooth on offense but we're not that excited because he's somewhat stiff and slow on defense.

Tobias Harris excites us more because he's explosive on both ends

Vucevic is not underrated, he's pretty smooth on offense but we're not that excited because he's somewhat stiff and slow on defense.

Tobias Harris excites us more because he's explosive on both ends

not only that, but it seems he can't jump very much or high either ... at tip-off, it's not very often that he dominates the opposition ... IMO, and I'm no expert, he rebounds well, more because of an innate ability to position himself very well than from his jumping ability ...

not only that, but it seems he can't jump very much or high either ... at tip-off, it's not very often that he dominates the opposition ... IMO, and I'm no expert, he rebounds well, more because of an innate ability to position himself very well than from his jumping ability ...

Eh neither can Kevin Love. And Vucci's numbers this year are very close to Kevin Love's numbers in his second year. They also have very similar games to each other. Minus the three point shooting.

He's doing these things against poor teams. He's got room to grow but it's not like he put up these numbers against the spurs or griz. Don't forget he also let Henson have a career night

yeah bruh the heat are TERRIBLE :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Because the heat have fantastic centers I forgot.

You should have said he was putting up great numbers against terrible centers instead of poor teams then, if that was the point you were trying to make. He had a great game in LA vs. Dwight, so even that statement wouldn't really be accurate. Basically your saying it doesn't count if he puts up great numbers against centers that he's better than, essentually holding the fact that he's better than them against him. I suppose you could make the same argument about Dwight's numbers over the last 5 years, since he's been the consensus top center in the league over that span

• Upvote 1

Eh neither can Kevin Love. And Vucci's numbers this year are very close to Kevin Love's numbers in his second year. They also have very similar games to each other. Minus the three point shooting.

I don't know. Did you see Vuc in the Rookie/Sophomore game go 2/3 from 3-point range? Wouldn't be surprised if he begins to incorporate that into his game if called upon.

I don't know. Did you see Vuc in the Rookie/Sophomore game go 2/3 from 3-point range? Wouldn't be surprised if he begins to incorporate that into his game if called upon.

We really couldn't afford to have him chucking up 3s because everyone else sucks at rebounding. We needed a presence in the paint.

I put an * next to any all star game performance. I saw Dwight nail a three in an all star game and sometimes during warmups he hit 4 in a row. Doesn't mean he should ever incorporate them into his game.

But your point is valid. If Orlando could ever get another rebounder, or if say they drafted Noel and he panned out well, then I could see Vuci extending his range out even further if he can do it consistently well. But like Nittany says, unless Orlando gets another good rebounder I prefer Nik staying as close as possible to the rim.

Vuc is half of an elite frontcourt. Great hands, top tier elite rebounder.

This is why barring a bad medical report, the Magic need Noel. Noel can play PF next to Vuc and will defend the best big. This tandem will be lethal to watch by 14/15.

I think people are so focused on next year's draft that they fail to see that Noel actually could become the next Kevin Garnett if he rehabs, adds weight( that will happen..he is still very young) and continues to develop some post moves and an elbow jumper.

We all love Wiggns and want him #1. But even if finishing last it will still take luck. The chances of it happening are less than 50%.I believe the Magic will have a top 5 pick next year and will be able to add a stud.

On top of that, they will have money to upgrade at PG in FA.

Harris at SF, Noel at PF and Vuc at C with Harkless off the bench as 6th man is nasty. Draft your scoring stud and sign your PG.

because going from next to no offensive game to Kevin Granett's happens all the time

Players to tend to improve from their freshman year in college. It's impossible to tell what Noel's game will look like when he is 25 but he clearly has the talent to be successful.