Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Would you do the Darko/Ariza trade for VC if you knew Darko was going to walk?

originally posted by Joh the jerk

PSST.....COHIBA'S ARE MY FAVORITE CIGARS...However MONTECRISTO AND ROMEO Y JULIETA AREN'T BAD.....

Did you go to Miami to get it

I value Ariza too much, now that Darko's gone, to trade him for anything. Our main concern, right now, should be developing the talent we already have. If Ariza can reach, say, Josh Howard status, we'll be the favorites for years to come.

I really dislike these threads. I dislike the "what if's"

What if we actually traded Kelvin Cato for Vince when Toronto gave us that option?

What if we never traded Cuttino for Doug Christie?

What if we would have traded T-Mac for Marion/Johnson and two future first round picks?

The point is, they've already occurred and there's no point in arguing over Darko anymore.

I agree with Year (first time I called you that, dont get used to it!). Dont like the "what if" game, but ill play anyways.

Even looking back, knowing all that I know now I still would not trade Darko and Ariza for Vince. Grant Hill was leaving us anyways, so to get Vince, we would have lost Darko, Ariza, and Grant Hill, whereas we only lost Grant Hill, Darko, and salary cap flexibility for Shard. Sure we overpaid Rashard, but I think the right to keep Ariza makes it worth it. When it is all said and done, I think Ariza will be better than any free agent we would have been able to sign with that salary flexibility. I just hope we are able to keep him next offseason!

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

What if we actually traded Kelvin Cato for Vince when Toronto gave us that option?

What if we would have traded T-Mac for Marion/Johnson and two future first round picks?

The point is, they've already occurred and there's no point in arguing over Darko anymore.

Agree. SDome people think negotiate is easy int he nba. BRING GREAT PLAYERS IS NOT EASY. And you have to pay for him, we have to make dwight here, and Otis made all he think is good to make howard happy.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

I agree with Year (first time I called you that, dont get used to it!). Dont like the "what if" game, but ill play anyways.

Even looking back, knowing all that I know now I still would not trade Darko and Ariza for Vince. Grant Hill was leaving us anyways, so to get Vince, we would have lost Darko, Ariza, and Grant Hill, whereas we only lost Grant Hill, Darko, and salary cap flexibility for Shard. Sure we overpaid Rashard, but I think the right to keep Ariza makes it worth it. When it is all said and done, I think Ariza will be better than any free agent we would have been able to sign with that salary flexibility. I just hope we are able to keep him next offseason!

Actually, now that you've said it, I really prefer that. Spread the word Robo........spread the word.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I agree. "What ifs.." give me headaches and nausea.

When you break it down we are basically trading Ariza for Carter. When you look at it that way the trade is a no brainer. Of course, there is no one that could have predicted for sure that we were going to lose Darko (except maybe Otis) so we would have hated the trade if we had made it.

I agree that what if scenarios suck. If I thought of every one that was Magic related I would have quit watching basketball a long time ago.

I wasn't asking this as a what if, I just wanted to see if people thought we should have pulled the trigger, it was more of me wanting to hear some opinions rather than worrying about what could have been.