Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

For all the blame everything on the coach people, here's my take.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

Smack I know what you are upset about and it has nothing to do with my recent posts. I can't help that you got wrapped on the knuckles by the mods for improper use of PM privileges. Keep it on point.

I don't know what your history was with Smack and honestly I don't care. I read your response and to say that you went overboard is a understatement. BJ made a thoughtful concise point and although I don't agree with his opinion I respect him for posting it. You on the other hand called him an idiot just because he disagreed with you. The point of the forum is to share ideas not rip people for having a differing view.

quote:
Hey Miami man, have you ever even played on an organized basketball team before? If so, what level did you reach?

Oh, and make sure you tell the truth.

See thats your problem. You are trying to create some authority for yourself based on having played at a junior college. Who knows if you did or didn't? Just a suggestion - leave the arguments from authority off of web forums. None of us know who anyone is and anyone can say anything. I guarantee there are some people on this board that have never even picked up a basketball which still wouldn't make you right because you have (if indeed you have)

I'll answer your question when you answer the three I posed. I think you didn't because the answers are obvious.

I don't have a problem with saying others are to blame but can we cut through the ducking here? What you are really doing is putting the mess at the feet of the players. Its there fault. They are not self motivated. I didn't need a good coach so they should suck it up.

Its amazing how everyone is quick to attack the players(last time I checked that was the team) but anyone who moans about the coach is somehow messing up the boards and an inferior fan.

And Jack Daniel, What can I say? If you want to distort what I wrote then feel free. Never once said any fans were the leaders of this team. What I said was obvious. Pressure was brought by fans and media alike who were vocal. Call it b..ing all you want. We are just as much fans as you are despite the attempt to classify us as somehow deficient. In this particular case we helped get some changes much more than the PC movement.

while you are at it show me where I called anyone an idiot and you will have an immediate apology. Thats not my style and if anyone got the impression I was calling anyone an idiot you have my apology

Incidentally none of you consider "for all the blame everything on the coach people" confrontational? You got to be kidding.

quote:
Just like everything in Miami. Crap!

As a magic fan it does pain me to point this out but its been pointed out to me several times by my Heat friends that they have a crappy banner hanging in their arena that Orlando is still chasing. Coaching has nothing to do with that? Naw. Of course not but of course those who throw around the word retard .....so often are.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:
Hey Miami man, have you ever even played on an organized basketball team before? If so, what level did you reach?

Oh, and make sure you tell the truth.

See thats your problem. You are trying to create some authority for yourself based on having played at a junior college. Who knows if you did or didn't? Just a suggestion - leave the arguments from authority off of web forums. None of us know who anyone is and anyone can say anything. I guarantee there are some people on this board that have never even picked up a basketball which still wouldn't make you right because you have (if indeed you have)

I'll answer your question when you answer the three I posed. I think you didn't because the answers are obvious.

I don't have a problem with saying others are to blame but can we cut through the ducking here? What you are really doing is putting the mess at the feet of the players. Its there fault. They are not self motivated. I didn't need a good coach so they should suck it up.

Its amazing how everyone is quick to attack the players(last time I checked that was the team) but anyone who moans about the coach is somehow messing up the boards and an inferior fan.

And Jack Daniel, What can I say? If you want to distort what I wrote then feel free. Never once said any fans were the leaders of this team. What I said was obvious. Pressure was brought by fans and media alike who were vocal. Call it b..ing all you want. We are just as much fans as you are despite the attempt to classify us as somehow deficient. In this particular case we helped get some changes much more than the PC movement.

while you are at it show me where I called anyone an idiot and you will have an immediate apology. Thats not my style and if anyone got the impression I was calling anyone an idiot you have my apology

Incidentally none of you consider "for all the blame everything on the coach people" confrontational? You got to be kidding.

Miami, your a newbie. I know 3 or 4 guys on this website personally. One of them(Soul Bro) lives right down the street from me. I coached him in basketball(I'm older). Thought you'd like to know.

Cutting to the chase, if you read my opening post I swill repeat it. Brian Hill is not the only one responsible for this mess. He is a part of it but not the end-all. I will not repeat this again. The players can take the bull by the horns if they so choose. Again, when a player is on the floor a coach cannot control his production or effort.

As I stated my coach was not that great but we had leaders that competed their butts off every night.

I don't know why the NBA can't be any different.

Man Junkie, you're a better man than I am. I've said it to you many times before, but I can't restrain myself in some of these infuriating discussions. Miamiman has basically gotten into verbal battles with a half dozen or more long-time members of this forum and utilized his vastly superior vocabulary and articulate nature (insert sarcasm here) to demeen the opinions of those members. In my opinion, you should have let him have it. But, then again, you are a better man than I am.

QUOTE:

If the magic turn this around it will because the fans educated the organization and not the fans who "believed" but those who started sites like firebrianhill.org, who wrote to the organization and the media, who made the coaching decisions part of the the news coverage that inevitably led to pressure coming down.

You stated you guys are the ones ...

not us BELIEVERS that made these changes happen.

No distortion ...

Those are your words...Thank you...JD

quote:
I know 3 or 4 guys on this website personally. One of them(Soul Bro) lives right down the street from me. I coached him in basketball(I'm older). Thought you'd like to know.

You were wrong. Don't really care. What in the world does that have to do with anything?

quote:

I don't know why the NBA can't be any different.

and hence I rest my case. if you cannot understand why facing NBA level talent every night makes it different its hopeless.

Its just amazing that the Pat Rileys Phil jacksons - good golly - even the Isaiah thomas's this year just happen to have players that buy and play within their systems.

We just happened to get a young set of players that want to lose? That don't care that they are lowering their own worth by tanking? and the fact that previous to this you could play awful and still get the same minutes has no bearing on why the players are not motivated? Not credible. Sorry.

I'm curious though. Since this team you played on had such an inadequate coach but was so good what year did you make it to the sweet 16?

Magicmaninmiami or whatever your name is, do you feel proud from your rantings? Does it make you feel better to have the last word? I do not see this point as being valid, so quit pushing and quit being irritating. State your thoughts and opinions and expect some positives and negatives. That is the point behind a free forum. No one always agrees.

I've been sayin git for a while on the message boards that if they speed the tempo of the game they will be more consistent,instead of that walking down the court and waiting till theres 5 seconds left to shoot the ball. I hope this is the start of that because if it is we'll start to see more W's and hopefully we make the Playoffs...Dwight Howard is a beast! If his supporting cast plays good then we can beat anybody.

quote:
You stated you guys are the ones ...

not us BELIEVERS that made these changes happen.

No distortion ...

Those are your words...Thank you...JD

And where did I say that made us the leaders of the team? thats ALL distortion and nothing else. In this particular case we are more responsible for bringing changes with the coaching decisions with some of the personnel but that no way implies we are the leaders of the team. If any fans are leaders of the team it would be ALL fans. I put "believers" in qoutes because in fact all fans are believers not just the ones who claim to be superior in their support. If we didn't believe in the organization we wouldn't be fans.

Getting back on point its common knowledge in the NBA that coaches have responsibility to motivate players and make them play within their system. Claiming that thats on the players is an invalid argument. A few of you arguing that that isn't the responsibility of the coach even on a team with young players isn't going to change the fact of what is common knowledge in the NBA.

Quit the double talk ...

You seperated the two...

Not me ...or any other BELIEVER...

You'll grow ...and I BELIEVE you will.

But right now this is useless ...Because all I care about {AS DO MANY BELIEVERS}...

Is making the play-offs...and being a MAGIC NATION!!!