Sign in to follow this  
DarkoHero

The Official Good-bye Darko Fans Thread

quote:
i really don't get the people that are fans of a player.

I don't quite understand cheering for a player and not a team either. I guess, we'll have to get Carlos Arroyo's fan base to explain it to us.

I came over to the Magic forum along with a lot of other Darko fans but I had been a Magic fan for a while before that, just not as big. I will continue to post on the Magic forum and hope they do well this season.

My biggest problem was how Otis had dealt with Darko, not calling him come July 1, telling us that his priority was resigning Darko. The money he has spent on Lewis wasn't worth it, he could have gotten Billups for that.

quote:
Originally posted by The Can Opener:

Wasn't there an altercation where Darko called Pau "soft"? I'm eager to see if thats going to affect their chemistry.

Yes he did call him soft. Can't wait to see what happens.

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:
Originally posted by The Can Opener:

Wasn't there an altercation where Darko called Pau "soft"? I'm eager to see if thats going to affect their chemistry.

Yes he did call him soft. Can't wait to see what happens.

Too bad Darko won't be in a Magic jersey next year. That would've made the Magic vs. Grizzlies games very interesting.

But what I really can't wait for is watching Darko trying to handle Dwight.

I hope he goes alright, I can only hope for the guy. I always thought he had the potential to be great player and still hold that belief. Unfortunately the towers have split.

I can totally understand why people root for players instead of teams. It's all based on what you like anyway isn't it? When I was 10 years old, I got into basketball because of Jordan (didn't everyone? lol). He was my hero. I can still remember that "Be like Mike" song. I am also sad to see Darko go. He was one of my favorites on the team. Good luck to you Darko, only not against us.

Ill miss him, it sucks that he could not stay. Dwight and Darko could of been something special but i guess we will never know. I wish him the best of luck in memphis, where another good ex magic player awaits him(Mike Miller).

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Buttermilk:

quote:
i really don't get the people that are fans of a player.

I don't quite understand cheering for a player and not a team either. I guess, we'll have to get Carlos Arroyo's fan base to explain it to us.

REALLY!?! Did you notice that MOST the Darko fans are from Europe or currently live in Europe? Why would you choose one team when you don't care about or haven't seen any major city?

I live in a small city by New York. But I hate the Knicks as does everyone else from here.

Half the people who like Cleveland (the ones who don't live in cleveland) couldn't care less for the team, they only follow the team for Lebron. Same can be said for the Mavs and Dirk, the Laker and Kobe, the Sixers have no fans because I3 left... the list goes on. I'm only using big names because they have more fans. For example the J.J. fans... most aren't from Orl and couldn't care less for the city and if JJ moved they would pack their bags with him.

If you don't live in or near a city with an NBA team then it's easier to find a player that you like rather than a team that you like.

And who cares if Darko called Pau soft. I'm sure Pau thinks the same of Darko. They are PROFESSIONAL basketball players so when one player calls you soft you don't cry about it... you take it as constructive criticism. What one calls soft, I call finesse so maybe it was a compliment? lol

The Twin Towers are done, too bad, well best of luck to Orlando and Dwight, I have to add that signing Lewis was a mistake, same as Huges with CAVS, but I hope for Magic fans I am wrong and he turns out to be at least half of the player Magic paid for and he doesn

Good Luck to Darko, if he ever needed another chip on his sholder, he just got one. I see Darko outplaying his contract in 3 years. He will also have his own twin tower duo in Pau Gasol.

As for your agent, he should be fired. He misguided Darko in a year where the was essentially no free agent money. Darko should have never opted out as if his stats rose to 12 pts 8 boards 2 blocks, which is realistic in a starting role, he would of easily got his 10 million per season

quote:
FIRE YOUR AGENT!

I agree totally with that. Darko, you were one of my favorite feel-good stories of the Magic. I'm glad you finally got playing time and I'll probably always wonder what could have been, but you've decided to move on and, well, so have we.

Peace out, dudemar.