Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD...Jazz vs Magic...We Win 101-90

Dammit...Finally we won and I missed the game!

Looking at the boxscore and reading some posts here,no Darko? no Arroyo ? and only 8 players rotation means something happened at the meeting...Darkos spams I don't gonna buy it !

Let's see what's next.At least we won one one and Hill's head is saved.

even thou we won, its still HEART BREAKING...

i get nightmares just thinking that we are under .500. although, bhill have some rotation problems and injuries have plagued the team, i am a big believer that players should be held accountable than their coach. i just think that something is going on with the team. i dont know what it is but... they have little time to figure it out. we need a huge run to ensure play offs. i dont want GUARANTEES!!! i would like some actions, PLEASE!!!!

again, its a HEART BREAKING WIN!!!

how could we lose to the bobcats, hawks and knicks multiple times while winning against strong play off bound teams?

Good win. Can't complain after picking up my Dwight Howard All-Star dunk sticker and dollar beers at Chillers. By the way, I haven't been to a game in a few months and had forgotten how crappy the arena is. Horrible.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised and can say this was the most exciting game of the season. But freakin' Jameer stopped the Team dead in their tracks. Coming down the floor he looked straight at JJ who was open for the umpteenth time and then passed the ball to Dwight and for what? Nothing. Or he took the shot himself and missed. Jameer is four foot nothing. He has a short man's ego thinking he can conquer the world and rather than doing his job, plays "me" ball. I'd rather seen Diener take his minutes. With his spark no telling what we would have seen. But all in all it was a huge game for them and hopefully they'll keep moving in this right direction.

quote:
Originally posted by michelle7:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

quote:
Originally posted by michelle7:

Dwight seemed a little prickly during that post-game interview.

Prickly???

Prickly = Touchy

Like he was waiting for them to ask him something that was going to piss him off. He also walked off on the interviewer before he had a chance to formally finish the interview. Just an observation.

I actually liled that, he wasnt all smiling after one win, they have gotten serious..... I think little Dwight has matured........

I dont know why but I feel a winning streak coming and I am telling u guys 13-4 to close out the year......

Magic guard Jameer Nelson passes the ball in front of Jazz defender Andrei Kirilenko during Orlando's 101-90 victory Wednesday night.

Less was more -- more or less.

The Orlando Magic looked leaner and meaner in a crucial 101-90 victory against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday night, a day after stripping away the clutter in their game with a cleansing locker-room heart-to-heart.

Coach Brian Hill used fewer players, tweaked his rotation and reduced the focus on Dwight Howard while coaxing a football-type mentality out of his fading team.

The Magic ran the ball hard. They played annoying defense. And they shoved the other guy around so much that it would have moved John Madden to use sound effects.

After being embarrassed Monday night against the feeble Charlotte Bobcats for their third consecutive loss, the Magic on Tuesday held a soul-searching team meeting and listened to General Manager Otis Smith's harsh performance reviews.

The result was that no feelings were spared while Hill operated in a playoff-or-bust mode, desperate to kick-start a surge. He used just eight players and benched point guard Carlos Arroyo and guard Keith Bogans.

Their competitive cauldron properly stoked and their postseason hopes in need of rescuing, the Magic (30-36) came to a fine boil. They unleashed a passionate, if far from perfect, performance in mauling the Jazz (43-21), leaders of the Northwest Division of the feared Western Conference.

As usual, the Magic made too many turnovers (22), plus they allowed a 22-point lead to evaporate to just four in the final minutes.

But that's probably nit-picking in light of the climate surrounding a season that was eroding fast after 10 losses in 12 previous games.

The Magic did enough to regain the No. 8 spot in the forgiving Eastern Conference postseason demolition derby, recording a victory that leaves Magic coaches and Magic fans contemplating the meaning of strife.

Why can't the Magic play this way more often?

"We've been going through some adversity, losing games," point guard Jameer Nelson said. "This is the kind of team we can be."

This team was sleek and powerful, accenting cardiovascular activity instead of walking the ball up the floor. The Magic rang up 26 fastbreak points and 24 layups or dunks, the easy baskets allowing them to shoot 55.7 percent.

Hill called fewer post-up plays for Howard. But the strategy meant better ball movement as Hill noted that "the ball still found Dwight" for 31 points.

Howard made 13 of 16 shots and grabbed 15 rebounds. Hedo Turkoglu added 22 points and Grant Hill had 12.

Power forward Tony Battie returned after missing 16 games with a fractured thumb, but was forced into the starting lineup just before tipoff because Darko Milicic (lower back strain) couldn't play. Battie played almost 30 minutes, finishing with eight points and four boards.

"If we play like we did tonight," Howard said, "we should make the playoffs."

The Jazz are a physical team, embodying Coach Jerry Sloan's hard-nose demeanor, but Nelson said, "They wanted to come in and try to bully us. You got to hit them first and we did."

The Magic owned the paint, outscoring the Jazz 54-36. Sloan also is known for teaching precision play, but the aggressive Magic forced 22 turnovers for 27 points.

With defense in mind, Brian Hill had hinted he might tinker with the lineup but instead used just eight players and changed up his rotations, using Keyon Dooling at the point in relief of Nelson. Normally, Arroyo is Nelson's backup. Rookie J.J. Redick was given Bogans' minutes.

"I used guys that I thought were going to help us win the game," Hill said. "I thought we were playing pretty darn good, so I didn't see any need to change."

Hill really won't know until their next game whether the changes signal a turnaround -- or a temporary stay.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-magic15...orl-sports-headlines