Sign in to follow this  
randall

Laughing on the bench

Erik:

Yeah, they showed Drnky the bear right befor the third quarter, his scooter landed about a half a hood short, but he landed on the target. I dont know if they count that.

and im not sure bout the forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

Do the Preds have a fan forum? Did anyone see Drunky the bear jump the hummers last night?

"Fat Drunky, Friend of the Repo-Man"

I didnt see it but I heard him and Brett Bouchy fighting about their bet...Drunky bet his house against Bouchy's $100,000, that he could jump the hummer's. RADIO BIT

Ya,that's crazy,there both kinda in the wrong drunky didnt really jump the length of eight,but he still jumped over them,and brett shouldnt have put the pads on the hummers. Its gonna be intersting on friday to see if drunky can score a touchdown against the pop warner kids. How much are the pred tickets? I was talking to my brother today about going to see a game.

My personal opinion is that Dwight should step up as the leader of this team. I know he is too nice to do it though. But IMO he is what this franchise is building around and who everyone looks up to talent wise. He IMO needs to learn to put his game face on when he steps on the hardwood and step up leadership wise. When and if that ever happened and he got in teammates faces for slacking I think we would notice a difference in tanacity and passion.

quote:
Originally posted by mymaster:

i dont see jj laughing at all. i know that this loosing is killing him.

I was thinking the same thing. Back in Duke, how often did they lose? Like 4-5 times a season? And even during those times they felt like ripping their hearts out. I know that J.J. isn't happy with this team at all.

quote:
Originally posted by TnMagicFan:

My personal opinion is that Dwight should step up as the leader of this team. I know he is too nice to do it though. But IMO he is what this franchise is building around and who everyone looks up to talent wise. He IMO needs to learn to put his game face on when he steps on the hardwood and step up leadership wise. When and if that ever happened and he got in teammates faces for slacking I think we would notice a difference in tanacity and passion.

Dwight's still a baby. He can't be a leader yet because he has no leadership skills. Dunking a few balls every night doesn't make one a leader. What can you say about Dwight and "mini-me" (Jameer)? I'd say those two are way too close. "Mini-me" has the balls to seek an extension on his contract and laugh on the bench. Somebody needs to smack that smile off of his face! This is no laughing matter.

quote:
Somebody needs to smack that smile off of his face! This is no laughing matter.

here here.

As far as non-Brian Hill, leadership that's on the court amongst the players, I think a lion's share of the blame has to go to Grant Hill.

He's 34, went to the playoffs with Detroit, former all-star.. I'm getting sick and tired of his "we'll see what happens next game" schtick every post game interview.

When is he gonna grab this team by this preverbial jersey and shake it? You could say pretty much the same thing for Tony Battie, but let's face it, Grant demands more respect for what he's done than Battie does.

You can bash Dwight and Jameer for their lack of leadership but let's face it, they're just babies. Grant's been there, done that. Injured or healthy, we need to see more on-the-court leadership from our supposed veteran star.