Sign in to follow this  
weezt0e

Denton on Darko, Seattle S&T, Turk and Diener

quote:
After a long talk with Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith Monday afternoon prior to the Pepsi Pro Summer League tipping off, here

quote:
After a long talk with Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith Monday afternoon prior to the Pepsi Pro Summer League tipping off, here

Denton has really been keeping his ear to the ground this FA period.

I think if a S/T for Lewis is to be completed, it will be agreed to at the last minute on Wednesday. One way or another Lewis will be a Magic Man come Thursday.

It's interesting that Tward's is handling the Darko negations. In order to get him back in the fold, it might best best for the agent and Otis to stay apart right now for the betterment of the process. I still think Darko gets re signed when it's all said and done.

If they trade away Arroyo and Dooling, I'd hope to have Diener back as a back up PG. The guy has great range and can run an offense if ever given the chance.

Wednesday should be a flurry of action for the Magic.

I would be cool with Diener or Dooling backing up Nelson - if we were able to move Dooling, Garrity and/or Arroyo I would be all for it.

At least Dooling and Arroyo can play - Garrity is absolutely terrible.

I think Twardzik needs to pay Darko starting at $7 million to allow the agent to save face after clearing some cap room and sign Darko to a long term deal. If you offer him $5.5 million it may not work right and Hedo will feel slighted. If the $0.2 million means that much then the Magic can offer the $6.8 m, but they should have a guarantee with Darko, before we give up any pieces to Seattle that we wouldn't want to give up.

Dooling, Arroyo and Garrity - being able to dump all those - I'd do it in a heartbeat, although I would be cool with Dooling staying here.

Denton is doing a good job here - I see Seattle having trouble taking those 3 guys - I would as well if I were them. Getting a future first round pick I think could help and if we gave them cash considerations for taking Garrity I think that would be fair.

Much props to Denton for being a real beat-writer. He's doing a good job of keeping us fans informed.

Why is Dave scouting in Vegas? Haven't we learned what his scouting skills consist of? I also hope he doesn't mess up negotiations with Darko.

This week is going to be very interesting.

This was a good find....

I guess we have cheering along the wrong guy...

Get Darko back Dave!!

Denton really is running circles around the Sentinel.....

I think if we do an S&T with Seattle, they will take all three players, since they have expiring contracts and we will have to take back the human press breaker, Earl Watson, b/c he has a 6 mil a year contract. We still have Darko's bird rights and if the S&T takes place first, we'll probably sign Darko immediately afterwards. IF we have a lineup of Jameer / Watson, JJ / Ariza, Lewis / Hedo, Darko / Battie / Augustine, Dwight / Gortat, I will be more than ecstatic. I honestly think with that lineup that we are legit East Conference contenders. W/out Darko, not so much.

quote:
Originally posted by rising above:

I think if we do an S&T with Seattle, they will take all three players, since they have expiring contracts and we will have to take back the human press breaker, Earl Watson, b/c he has a 6 mil a year contract. We still have Darko's bird rights and if the S&T takes place first, we'll probably sign Darko immediately afterwards. IF we have a lineup of Jameer / Watson, JJ / Ariza, Lewis / Hedo, Darko / Battie / Augustine, Dwight / Gortat, I will be more than ecstatic. I honestly think with that lineup that we are legit East Conference contenders. W/out Darko, not so much.

I utterly agree with everything you said. Giving up Dooling and eating Watson's contract would be worth getting that lineup on the court.

If Memphis goes after Varejao instead of Darko, I pretty much see no reason why Darko leaves the Magic.

Go Otis and Dave! And go JJ and Augie in the summer league!

Hoping Diener signs with us again, but I can understand his frustrations and wanting to leave. He showed up to last year's summer league and was arguably one of the better PGs there. Then the season starts and...

...he gets to wear at suit at the end of the bench while we have PG problems. I'd be surfing the FA seas, too.

Did I not read somewhere, maybe a denton blog or sumthin, that the CBA actually outlined that free agency signing period begun on the tenth this year? rather than wednesday the 11th???

or Did I Make that up?

edit: looks like I didnt make it up, maybe Denton did, but Ball junkie posted this earlier from the Denton Blog....

Thread on CBA set dates

re-edit...looks like Denton was incorrect and retracts his error.... you can find that post here...

Corrected his error