Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Wishful thinking here....

3 team trade

Orlando-Utah-Golden State

Orlando gets: Millsap, Thompson, Biedrens, R. Jefferson

Utah gets: Afflalo, Harkless, Nelson

Golden State gets: (2) 2015 1st rd picks (each from Orlando & Utah)

You lost me when you traded away Harkless

• Upvote 3

For 2014, the Magic have their own pick and a 1st round pick from Denver.

"Denver will convey to Orlando the less favorable of Denver's 2014 1st round pick and New York's 2014 1st round pick" http://basketball.re...drafts/detailed

Thanks Shef.

So we have a high 1st and a possible mid 1st (18-25)..... With an idea of going for a 3rd 1st..... Which I can see that some flipping could be done to move up in the draft as long as there is a suitor. And given that many has said that this draft will be good.... the suitors might be in high demand (meaning that it will take some serious work). Which was different than this draft, there were many teams looking to move down.

I just want to say that as much as I approve of the idea of Howard screwing the Lakers over, if things work out that way, the Lakers had better the heck not "happen" to win the draft lottery next year.

I just want to say that as much as I approve of the idea of Howard screwing the Lakers over, if things work out that way, the Lakers had better the heck not "happen" to win the draft lottery next year.

My guess is they will still make the playoffs. A Healthy Kobe, Nash, and Gasol should be good enough to get them there, especially without the Dwight circus.

Thanks Shef.

So we have a high 1st and a possible mid 1st (18-25)..... With an idea of going for a 3rd 1st..... Which I can see that some flipping could be done to move up in the draft as long as there is a suitor. And given that many has said that this draft will be good.... the suitors might be in high demand (meaning that it will take some serious work). Which was different than this draft, there were many teams looking to move down.

A scenario where our own pick is in the top 5 and then we could parlay two picks in the 20s to move up to say 12-15 to get another potential impact player sounds pretty nice. All of a sudden the Magic would add 2 young impact guys to the core of Vucevic, Harkless, Harris and Oladipo, not to mention some cap space for a FA in 2014, and things get real exciting real quick around here.

I'd love to add Thompson or Barnes (way over future picks). They'd be awesome additions to our team.

The fact is the Warriors would be looking to trade players with large contracts who do not fit into the core of the team. Thompson and Barnes are off limits at this point. Big Men with massive contracts and picks are the only things on the table for a trade.

Here's the deal I'd like, and I think it really helps both teams:

Orlando TPE for Biedrins

and

Affalo for Barnes and Rush

They clear salary and get a solid starting wing in AA without really taking on much salary. And AA can play SF, as his numbers were actually better at that position in Orlando (http://www.82games.com/1213/12ORL7.HTM). We clear long-term salary and add a young gun.

A scenario where our own pick is in the top 5 and then we could parlay two picks in the 20s to move up to say 12-15 to get another potential impact player sounds pretty nice. All of a sudden the Magic would add 2 young impact guys to the core of Vucevic, Harkless, Harris and Oladipo, not to mention some cap space for a FA in 2014, and things get real exciting real quick around here.

I honestly do not believe we use our capspace in 2014 unless we get an "elite" player. Otherwise, I think Henny is smart enough to know that he needs to save money to make sure he can resign our core in the next 2-3 years.

The fact is the Warriors would be looking to trade players with large contracts who do not fit into the core of the team. Thompson and Barnes are off limits at this point. Big Men with massive contracts and picks are the only things on the table for a trade.

I've read they're discussing all sorts of ideas: http://www.hoopsrumors.com

Here's the deal I'd like, and I think it really helps both teams:

Orlando TPE for Biedrins

and

Affalo for Barnes and Rush

They clear salary and get a solid starting wing in AA without really taking on much salary. And AA can play SF, as his numbers were actually better at that position in Orlando (http://www.82games.com/1213/12ORL7.HTM)

I would do that trade potentially if it was all those players together, but individiually the 1st one does not make sense. We're not just taking on Biedrins to screw the Lakers. We need something tangible in return. A 1st round pick would suffice IMO.

I honestly do not believe we use our capspace in 2014 unless we get an "elite" player. Otherwise, I think Henny is smart enough to know that he needs to save money to make sure he can resign our core in the next 2-3 years.

You may be right about that. It would have to be a FA that really fits long term. Also, I can't imagine that we'd be in a position by next summer where we're at that proverbial "just 1 player away from a championship run".