Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

and speaking of atlanta, is teague a RFA? he's one of the few players I'd like in this years free agency if so, doubt we'd be able to snag him for the MLE though. Like his little bro in Chicago better for our team, think he's available with the return of rose?

As someone who watched him play at Wake Forest and now has kept tabs on him every once in a while, I can attest he has the same problems he had in college: he's small, he can't shoot, and he's not a good passer. He can finish around the rim very well and has a pretty good first step, but even though I went to college with him: no thank you. Teague is a fringe starter in the NBA at best.

I think we really need to trade AA before the seaosn starts. It will give more minutes to Dipo, Hark and Lamb, even allow Harris more minutes at SF. I just wouldn't like the fact of him starting the season with this team. Its not that I don't like him and in a different case I might want to keep him but we are rebuilding and I just don't see where he fits in with that.

Crawford is an instant offense, ball in his hands scorer that is only good off of the bench. JJ can start, play off of the ball, and has become a solid defender. Great move for the Clippers.

In taking my biased out of it, I still feel Clippers missed out on a chance to get Affalo. He's a MUCH better all around player on both ends of the ball, the only thing JJ can do better is pass. Like another poster said, they already have their 6th man in Crawford. JJ is a 6th man. He's a really good 6th man fits the mold of what you want in a 6th man. I know everyone on here loves them some JJ but bottom line, he's not a starter on a REAL CHAMPIONSHIP team. Plain and simple. He's a 6th man. Affalo would have been really nice at the 2 for them as a starter, assuming that deal was ever on the table.

In taking my biased out of it, I still feel Clippers missed out on a chance to get Affalo. He's a MUCH better all around player on both ends of the ball, the only thing JJ can do better is pass. Like another poster said, they already have their 6th man in Crawford. JJ is a 6th man. He's a really good 6th man fits the mold of what you want in a 6th man. I know everyone on here loves them some JJ but bottom line, he's not a starter on a REAL CHAMPIONSHIP team. Plain and simple. He's a 6th man. Affalo would have been really nice at the 2 for them as a starter, assuming that deal was ever on the table.

JJ is a better shooter, passer, and facilitator of the offense. I'd personally rather have a signed Redick than AA for the next three years.

I think we really need to trade AA before the seaosn starts. It will give more minutes to Dipo, Hark and Lamb, even allow Harris more minutes at SF. I just wouldn't like the fact of him starting the season with this team. Its not that I don't like him and in a different case I might want to keep him but we are rebuilding and I just don't see where he fits in with that.

There's no sense of urgency to trade AA, as he's our only piece that will net us anything by himself. Additionally, he's a good veteran presence (aside from Jameer) in the mold of this organization's direction unless you want these young kids looking to Hedo and BBD.

JJ is a better shooter, passer, and facilitator of the offense. I'd personally rather have a signed Redick than AA for the next three years.

To each their own, JJ is a 6th man. Below average defender, overrated shooter (36% from 3 last year) and doesn't create his own shot. He's not a starter, at least not on a championship team like the Clippers claim to be.

• Downvote 1

To each their own, JJ is a 6th man. Below average defender, overrated shooter (36% from 3 last year) and doesn't create his own shot.

Lol

JJ will get open looks off of Paul-Griffin PnRs. Also, remember those screens Ray Allen used to come off of? That's what JJ will be doing now.

I think he'll do just fine.

Id take JJ over AA. I think they are equal in production, different skill set. But the difference in attitude favors JJ. When coach JV moved AA to 3 late last season he showed his displeasure on the floor by not attempting a shot that game. JJ has expressed his anger he had with Stan by not playing him early on, but never brought it to the floor. JJ seems a lot faster than AA.

Shocker, I say something semi negative about JJ and this forum goes up in flames. All I said was JJ to me is better suited as a 6th man off the bench role, whereas AA is a better starter. Voting down my comments because of that? Childish much? Whoever did that hope a firework blows your hand off tonight, how magical that would be.

Joking of course.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Below average defender, overrated shooter (36% from 3 last year)

JJ is one of the best long range bombers in the NBA. Seven year career ... 39% from three. Mr. Consistency from three: http://espn.go.com/n...3024/jj-redick.

While I like AA, to use your argument's timeline, what did he shoot from long range last year?

Meanwhile, the irony is I agree that JJ is best suited as 6th man. ;)

JJ is one of the best long range bombers in the NBA. Seven year career ... 39% from three. Mr. Consistency from three: http://espn.go.com/n...3024/jj-redick.

While I like AA, to use your argument's timeline, what did he shoot from long range last year?

Meanwhile, the irony is I agree that JJ is best suited as 6th man. ;)/>

And that's all I'm saying. I like JJ as much as any other magic fan (well, whoever voted my comment down might more than just like him) but he's a 6th man in the NBA. That's all I was saying. So before this turns into some huge stupid debate we can all agree to disagree. If you think JJ is better suited to start in the NBA, so be it. As wrong as you might be.