Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Someone from Turkish team Fenehbace (sp?) Apparently leaked they'd offered Turk a contract worth 3.5 million dollars, that combined with the fact that he was suspended for taking PED's last season should be more than enough reason for Turk to accept a buyout. I don't know what the tax is like in Turkey but I've got to think that taking a 4 million buy out and signing that contract would be as profitable as rotting on our bench for 6 million.

Perhaps Hedo doesn't want to go home to Turkey. Not sure why since he was revered as their MJ.

But he was burden in that Finals run? Thanks for reminding us all of that shot Nittany. Another reason he was essential to us being in the Finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwRg9KZDRE8

We wouldn't have needed that lucky shot if he'd of played any kind of defense on their forwards. He was getting embarrassed by Iggy and Young.

He was abysmal in games 1, 2, 3 and 5 of that series on offense as well.

The hedo hate has gone too far. He was a decent scorer, good shooter, slow footed, great passer (relative to small forwards). He was good enough initiating the offense to let jameer play off ball or let us exploit mismatches by not playing a point guard. He was effective in stretches.

He was a great player off the bench. He was a good third or fourth option.

He was tall enough that svg loved using him as a last second shooter. He was successful as anyone could have really hoped in that role.

That success gave hedo (and Hedo fans) way too much confidence. His shot selection became terrible. He wanted to get paid like an all star. Hedo fans flooded the board.

He was a interesting player with an unconventional game for his position. It worked moderately well.

Stop acting like he's Fran Vasquez or Doug Christie.

This. We made it to the finals with Hedo, not in spite of him. Obviously he's not Michael Jordan or Lebron or something, but he was a very good 6'10 SF, able to run the offense. Great inbounder.

This. We made it to the finals with Hedo, not in spite of him. Obviously he's not Michael Jordan or Lebron or something, but he was a very good 6'10 SF, able to run the offense. Great inbounder.

I don't know about Hedo being able to run the offense. He was able to get the ball down the floor. He was also good at chucking off balance threes and mid range shots. Also highly capable of storming down the lane and throwing his hands up in the air after losing control of the ball.

All in all though, I enjoyed him being on the team for the Finals run. After that, everything went down hill and watching him play became frustrating at times.

So happy with Phoenix's win over LA in the WNBA. I love Diana Taurasi

I'm a bigger fan of Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson (sadface), but that could just be because of where I live.

I'm a bigger fan of Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson (sadface), but that could just be because of where I live.

I have no particular love for the WNBA, largely because I'm not interested in missed layups, but I'll freely admit that every time I've ever seen Sue Bird do anything off the court, she's come across as incredibly charming.

I have no particular love for the WNBA, largely because I'm not interested in missed layups, but I'll freely admit that every time I've ever seen Sue Bird do anything off the court, she's come across as incredibly charming.

She's pretty rad, yes. GOOD player, too. Lauren Jackson was pretty fun to watch, too.

220px-Lauren_Jackson_at_the_Welcome_Home_parade_in_Sydney_%281%29.jpg

hard NOT to watch her.