Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

McLemore was horrendous in in his summer league debut.

You mean that 4-23 shooting performance didn't impress you? Oladipo didn't shoot well either, but he drew a ton of fouls, made a living off of FT's, had a good number of steals, and I saw he held his opponents to the lowest FG% for the summer league. :happypuppy:

No doubt in my mind he was the best choice for us.

It's it just me or are teams signing fa to shorter contracts than they used to? I'm wondering if the cba is going to allow for more fa availability. It may force players to play their best every season since they will be it contact years more often.

Yes, they are and thank god. Player's don't even make it half way through a contract anymore before they want to move on.

It makes me so, so happy that suddenly Monta Ellis is toxic, because everyone's realized that he's an inefficient chucker who doesn't play defense.

It's probably not true, but I like to imagine that every NBA gm read this COTM, nodded in agreement, and then vowed not to sign him.

Let's not start getting all meek and humble now ;)

You mean that 4-23 shooting performance didn't impress you? Oladipo didn't shoot well either, but he drew a ton of fouls, made a living off of FT's, had a good number of steals, and I saw he held his opponents to the lowest FG% for the summer league. :happypuppy:/>

No doubt in my mind he was the best choice for us.

I don't think anyone expected an out-of-shape BMac to impress early on.

But yes, I am also quite content with what we've seen so far from Oladipo (not that there were many concerns with his immediate contributions in the first place, but it's always nice to see signs of probably getting what was advertised). I'm also looking forward to further developments in O'Quinn's facial hair growth. I'm probably most excited about that actually.

I'm bored. Major free agency is over. No football for 3 weeks. No magic news until likely September.

Discussion: should we pursue Greg oden?

I'm bored. Major free agency is over. No football for 3 weeks. No magic news until likely September.

Not worth it in my opinion. Best case, he ends up being completely heathly and contributes well... Which dampens our chances of a top draft pick next year + he would then get pretty good contract offers from a lot of teams (as bigs do).

Worst case, he immediately has injury problems and we either stick with him or waive him.

Just not worth the hassle in my opinion.

It makes me so, so happy that suddenly Monta Ellis is toxic, because everyone's realized that he's an inefficient chucker who doesn't play defense.

It's probably not true, but I like to imagine that every NBA gm read this COTM, nodded in agreement, and then vowed not to sign him.

1.15 points per shot attempt is Nick Young-ian, and I don't say that just because I'm a person who has to watch Wizards games and daydreams about roasting marshmallows over Young's burning corpse every time he checks into the game.

Still one of my favorite comments in this site's history. One of the few times I've actually laughed out loud reading a post.

If we would have taken a risk on a big with a history with

Injury we would have drafted Noel.