Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

With Atlanta picking up Millsap on a 2 year contract you've got to think they're going to try and tread water and wait for next year's free agency, rather than tank.

I know we have a lot of forwards but if Terracne Jones was available I would take a flyer on him for a second round pick, which may be all it takes.

Poor Horford, he is still going to have to play out of position. I'm not sure what OJ is thinking, he is going to put up numbers and they are going to really suck.

Lucas Nogueira

I know we have a lot of forwards but if Terracne Jones was available I would take a flyer on him for a second round pick, which may be all it takes.

I agree. Dude is a sleeper, in my mind.

A short quote from a Lakers board poster, "now we've lost him and we dont even have anything to show for the trade. Not even Earl Clark"...blah ha ha haha....I always new a day like this would come. It brings the SAC as much joy as the dismissal of Brian Hill but not nearly the same happiness as the firing of Otis the worlds worst gm Smith. I think Im going to tell them at least they still have Chris Duhon...wait a few minutes...and then say you dont even have him, but you do have his salary for another year! I will sleep with a smile from ear to ear. In fact I may not sleep at all.

God help Kevin McHale. He has 4 years to teach him one of his zillion post moves which if he somehow does will bring Dwight up to two.

I can look into the crystal ball and see a newspaper headline about two months into the Rockets season saying, "Houston we have a problem"....yes they surely do.

God, I'm just reveling in the Lakers' misery... and more than anything how Hennigan pwned everyone with his first major act on the job. Gee, what a terrible Dwight Howard trade for the Magic.

Lakers have nothing from last summer.. besides Nash, obviously.. Dwight leaves, Clark leaves, and for the record, they waived Duhon. As if it mattered...although yes, stuck with his salary another year. Philly never got anything out of Andrew Bynum whatsoever; he's going to leave. All they have to show for it is J-Rich? Now Denver, who had a good regular season record but got knocked out in the first round, loses Andre Iguodala.. to the team that beat them in that first round, Golden State. Ouch!

Meanwhile the Magic got Afflalo, Harkless, Vuc, McRoberts (currently a TPE), Eyenga (waived), the lesser of 2014's first round draft picks between Denver/New York, 2015 top 14 protected first rounder from Philly, top 40 protected 2nd pick from the Lakers in 2015, and a top 5 protected first round pick from the Lakers in '17.

C pluses all around, right?

On a side note, still don't understand why Utah didn't trade Jefferson and/or Millsap at the deadline. Now they both end up leaving. At least Derrick Favors finally gets more PT?

On a side note, still don't understand why Utah didn't trade Jefferson and/or Millsap at the deadline. Now they both end up leaving. At least Derrick Favors finally gets more PT?

And Enes Kanter.

And Enes Kanter.

Yes.. keep forgetting about him.

But it's just crazy how they had two prime assets and don't improve their backcourt, get some picks, something.

Kanter and Favors have shown a lot of promise, but if I'm a Jazz fan I'd still hope to get some prospects or something for assets like Milsap and Al.

Kanter and Favors have shown a lot of promise, but if I'm a Jazz fan I'd still hope to get some prospects or something for assets like Milsap and Al.

By letting them walk, they were able to do the trade with the Warriors which gave them some valuable expirings and two unprotected first round picks. As a Jazz fan, I'm pretty happy with that.

Just sad to see Milsap go, though it's probably for the best. (Acts 19:11).