Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

What would everyone think about trading AA to the grizzlies for Tony Wroten and a 2014 1st? It would give them a shooter that they really need, and us a pg to let work under nelson plus a pick in next years loaded draft. I dont see this happening or anything but it just something to think about.

Nice thinking bro;

Wroten has great potential and size for the position.

Why don't we try to find someone who might have some upside? As you say, there are plenty of players to be had inexpensively.

Given that there are clearly, in your mind, a plethora of young, inexpensive combo guards to be had for less than the veteran's minimum, I think you should have no problem naming them.

So yeah: name 10.

In what universe are the Pistons in "win now mode" exactly? Because it isn't this one.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing lol

Pistons are pretty much in the same position we are. I actually like our roster going forward over theirs

Given that there are clearly, in your mind, a plethora of young, inexpensive combo guards to be had for less than the veteran's minimum, I think you should have no problem naming them.

And to be clear, I never said there are plenty of players to be had I inexpensively, I said there are plenty of bad players out there.

Gross misuse of commas and he said plenty, not plethora.. Plus who says plethora is 10 (although again he said plenty)? I don't agree with him and I don't know how to ignore you...that's the only reason I'm responding.

Appreciate your reading my mind so you can express my thoughts for me.

Just so it's clear, I'll restate what I wrote yet again. I think there are plenty of journeymen guards who probably have at least as much upside as Moore, and hopefully more. I don't make a living scouting basketball players so no, I can't name them.

To play your game and put words in your mouth, are you saying that Moore is the very best young point guard we can find for our team at a reasonable price?

Gross misuse of commas and he said plenty, not plethora.

And I said plethora.

I'm glad we've established who said what.

Plus who says plethora is 10 (although again he said plenty)?

Well, plethora means overabundance, so I decided an overabundance of 12th men level free agents with noticeable upside demanding less than the minimum would be equal to 1/3 of the number of NBA teams. Although based on that description, an overabundance could have been set at about 2.

I don't agree with him btw.

This of course begs the question of why do you have so little respect for other posters as to believe they can't respond for themselves.

To play your game and put words in your mouth, are you saying that Moore is the very best young point guard we can find for our team at a reasonable price?

"Reasonable" is entirely arbitrary. For all I know your idea of reasonable price for a 12th man is a max salary. I've seen far stupider things suggested on this board.

Is he the best available young combo guard at the price we actually pay him? Yes, definitely.

Of course, there is still the question of why you would be so sure that there are better players available for a reasonable price when you can't even name one.

Your logical fallacy in this case is personal incredulity.

And I said plethora.

I'm glad we've established who said what.

Well, plethora means overabundance, so I decided an overabundance of 12th men level free agents with noticeable upside demanding less than the minimum would be equal to 1/3 of the number of NBA teams. Although based on that description, an overabundance could have been set at about 2.

This of course begs the question of why do you have so little respect for other posters as to believe they can't respond for themselves.

How many people tried to explain what you meant with your crappy Bledsoe comparisons? No complaints from you then, ironically.

• Upvote 1

Well...*I* like DOM, at least. Anyways, if we can get a good combo guard on a good contract, or even a *potentially* good one, this is the year to feel them out and see how they play.

This season's kind of a freebie, as far as I'm concerned. Try weird lineups, give the rrookies lots of playing time, let Jameer (and Baby, if we keep him) heal up, and so on.