Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Reason is that he's terrible and we'd be better off filling out the squad with someone else....

If he's terrible, than why wouldn't we bring him back? You do realize the goal for next season right? Would you propose we go sign Monta Ellis?

Starting 5

Nelson

Oladipo

Harris/Harkless

Davis

Vucevic

Small Ball/Run and Gun

Nelson or Bledsoe(assuming we sign Eric)

Oladipo

Harkless

Harris

Vucevic

I don't think Davis will be with us on opening day.

There's quote from Coach Crean (Krean?) in which he says they had Dipo run point in practice and for about 5 minutes each game last season to push him. He seems to think its possible. I believe JV said they intend to use him in different ways in the summer league to see exactly what he can do. I can't imagine him having the vision/passing ability to play the point, but it sure would be great if he could.

soooo tempting to tinker

If he's terrible, than why wouldn't we bring him back? You do realize the goal for next season right? Would you propose we go sign Monta Ellis?

Do you really think he was resigned because he's bad? There are plenty of players in the league we can tank with if that's the goal. Heck, let's just let Turk run point all season.

DOM was right. He is better than a lot of twelfth men, and much cheaper. I don't understand the previous point about him hurting the team when he comes in because the twelfth guy on the roster is usually only in during blowouts. The point is he can step in if there's an injury and be an extra body in practice. The twelfth guy on the roster isn't there to win games for the team.

Remember when we used to win 50+ games every season with Duhon?

I remember a lockout shortened season where we won 37 games and the prior season with 52 wins. That shortened season would have been on par for 46 wins total. He was only with us for two seasons.

Sources: Chris Paul's reps telling opposing teams not to bother pursuing him on July 1 bc he'll re-sign with Clippers

well, is that mean we are going after Bledsoe or what?

Sources: Chris Paul's reps telling opposing teams not to bother pursuing him on July 1 bc he'll re-sign with Clippers

well, is that mean we are going after Bledsoe or what?

Esti?

Anywho, back to the Chris Paul Backup thread everybody!

PS I wish someone would call me a gentle snowflake... :sadcrab: