Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

I can see this team running two effective systems. A "run the floor pop and press" with all the young athleticism. And a half court "pick and roll/pop have a man back" with a few young guns and some guys like baby, nicholson, etc

Roster is not near complete but here's my ideal lineups

Run run run

1. Jameer

2. Oladipo

3. Harkless

4. Harris

5. Davis

Half court

1. Beno

2. Afflalo

3. Dequan jones

4. Nicholson

5. Vuc

Mix and match as you will.

I'm also extremely drunk right now but to me this makes some sort of sense.

You must have been really drunk to write up that second lineup.

Turner will do well, and I like that they are once again choosing someone with ties to the team.

Still, Guokas was stellar, and at some point, I hope we hear the full story of his departure.

If the other option was Nick Anderson, I support Turner 100%.

Henny said in his presser that he sees Oladipo as a guard. Does anyone think that they may see Victor as playing a little PG as well? As someone mentioned earlier, he does kinda remind you of a Russell Westbrook coming out of college. Westbrook and Oladipo both had similar stats coming out while posing the same positives and weaknesses. Athletically gifted, great defense, needs to work on outside shot and handles. Maybe Rob sees him in a similar mold. Who knows

If the other option was Nick Anderson, I support Turner 100%.

I love Nick but he always throws in too many umms and uhhhs while organizing his thoughts on tv....I don't think I could handle that for a full game.

Jeff is a solid but not spectacular choice.

Henny said in his presser that he sees Oladipo as a guard. Does anyone think that they may see Victor as playing a little PG as well? As someone mentioned earlier, he does kinda remind you of a Russell Westbrook coming out of college. Westbrook and Oladipo both had similar stats coming out while posing the same positives and weaknesses. Athletically gifted, great defense, needs to work on outside shot and handles. Maybe Rob sees him in a similar mold. Who knows

There's quote from Coach Crean (Krean?) in which he says they had Dipo run point in practice and for about 5 minutes each game last season to push him. He seems to think its possible. I believe JV said they intend to use him in different ways in the summer league to see exactly what he can do. I can't imagine him having the vision/passing ability to play the point, but it sure would be great if he could.

Does anyone remember the details on the draft pick we got from Philly in the Dwight trade? They seem to be in full tank mode now so that could work out well for us. Thanks.

Does anyone remember the details on the draft pick we got from Philly in the Dwight trade? They seem to be in full tank mode now so that could work out well for us. Thanks.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-11/sports/os-magic-howard-trade-draft-picks-20120811_1_orlando-magic-sixers-dwight-howard-trade

Basically says that Philadelphia won't help us that much

GoldandBlack.com ‏@GoldandBlackcom 4m

E'Twaun Moore says he was retained by #Magic. Team had til July 1 to make decision. "Stress free," Moore said smiling. "They picked it up."

Retweeted by Joe Whelan

GoldandBlack.com ‏@GoldandBlackcom 4m

E'Twaun Moore says he was retained by #Magic. Team had til July 1 to make decision. "Stress free," Moore said smiling. "They picked it up."

Retweeted by Joe Whelan

Tank+Mode+Activated.+my+new+pet+shadow+the+hedgehog+being_3d144b_4404243.jpg