Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

The Slogan has a deeper meaning then you think VC.

We will is an of the opposite slogans, "We didn't", "We won't", "We couldn't", and "We Shouldn't". You could begin a negative sentence about the Magic organization about many things. I see "We will" in a positive light. We will do things right. We will work hard. We won't overpay players. We shouldn't put players ahead of the coach. We couldn't get the players that we tried.

The slogan is a metaphor for a positive direction....which thus..far...things have taken. There have no been players calling for trades. There hasn't been a media circus. There has been less technical fouls this season. There has been hard work and improvement.

The Clippers already had preliminary discussions with the Orlando Magic about trading for shooting guard Arron Afflalo at the pre-draft camp in Chicago, and there is a level of mutual interest on both sides, sources said. ESPN.com's Chad Ford reported Orlando is interested in a package that would include Caron Butler and Bledsoe, but the talks are preliminary at this point. It's believed the Clippers would want at least one more asset in order to part with their prized young point guard.

http://espn.go.com/l...est-sources-say

AA + the Professor

for

Bledsoe + Butler

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=ofnqumk

EDIT: If we somehow dumped AA, got Bledsoe and drafted someone like McLemore, that'd be amazing. (Then we'd still have to find a home for Baby).

Although I'm not ready to give up on any of our young guys (and I've defended Nicholson plenty), if we needed to give up a young asset for Bledsoe I'd rather it be Andrew. This scenario sounds great to me.

I don't really like running a team through Bledsoe, I'd like my PG to be the highest-IQ player on the roster. However, a. he is pretty talented and b. we're not gonna get him anyway, so no biggie.

Trading Afflalo and Baby for flexibility should be high on the to-do list.

Throw Big Baby at them B)/>

He's about as good as Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan

That's a lot of man to throw. Someone's liable to get hurt.

If the Celtics were to let Rivers explore the Clippers' job, GM Danny Ainge would want significant compensation, according to multiple executives. Two execs suggested Ainge would ask for Eric Bledsoe, DeAndre Jordan, and Caron Butler's expiring contract, along with two first-round picks, in exchange for Kevin Garnett, Courtney Lee, Jason Terry, and Rivers. That list of names seems somewhat speculative to me, but it provides an idea of how high Ainge might aim.

This could screw up the Afflalo for Bledsoe/Butler deal.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

Dwight and CP wanna team up with Blake in LA so maybe we can expand the Bledsoe deal and take Joradn with the TE. Jordan and Vucci would be a nice front court moving forward or we could flip Jordan down the line

Dwight and CP wanna team up with Blake in LA so maybe we can expand the Bledsoe deal and take Joradn with the TE. Jordan and Vucci would be a nice front court moving forward or we could flip Jordan down the line

no-meme-rage-face.jpg

Personally I hope we stay clear of Bledsoe and Jordan.

The problem I have with Bledsoe is that he is in a contract year, and at the end of it he could walk away for nothing, or want his big pay day and at this time I don't think it is sensible to take a player on board like him when we have Nelson and could take a point guard in the draft to develop. Plus, I am not convinced Bledsoe [right now] is an improvement on Nelson, or for that matter, will become a better player than all of the PGs in this year's draft.

As for Jordan, well, he comes with a hefty contract for someone that isn't a great rebounder, and isn't much of a scorer. Sure he has court presence at times, but I don't see him as a dominant center. I would not rank him as a top ten center. He would make my top twenty, but I wouldn't want to see us take on his type of contract for a guy that will probably not be a leading center. I guess him and Vuc could form a decent duo, but again, we could equally trade back with a team like Minnesota and draft a big man in the draft and we could get as much from a rookie on less money, if not more.

The idea has potential if both guys develop their game. But I just don't see us taking on either guy, let alone both.

Personally I hope we stay clear of Bledsoe and Jordan.

The problem I have with Bledsoe is that he is in a contract year, and at the end of it he could walk away for nothing, or want his big pay day and at this time I don't think it is sensible to take a player on board like him when we have Nelson and could take a point guard in the draft to develop. Plus, I am not convinced Bledsoe [right now] is an improvement on Nelson, or for that matter, will become a better player than all of the PGs in this year's draft.

As for Jordan, well, he comes with a hefty contract for someone that isn't a great rebounder, and isn't much of a scorer. Sure he has court presence at times, but I don't see him as a dominant center. I would not rank him as a top ten center. He would make my top twenty, but I wouldn't want to see us take on his type of contract for a guy that will probably not be a leading center. I guess him and Vuc could form a decent duo, but again, we could equally trade back with a team like Minnesota and draft a big man in the draft and we could get as much from a rookie on less money, if not more.

The idea has potential if both guys develop their game. But I just don't see us taking on either guy, let alone both.

I agree. Don't see us having any interest in Jordan as Henny is trying to maintain cap flexibility. I'm fine with going after Bledsoe though, if he walks it just gives us more cap space.