Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Most likely no for next years playoffs.... but we should get atleast 28 - 33 wins... Which wont bold well for us if our intent is going for Wiggins (which would be a silly move).

Priority 1&2: Get rid of Türk and Harrington

Priority 3: Draft McLemore

Priority 4: Try to lure Wall from the Wizards (2014?)

Priority 5: Trade Afflalo and Big Baby for young pieces

Priority 6: Tank yet another year to get Wiggins

Following would be our starting lineup 2014:

PG: John Wall

SG: Ben McLemore

SF: 'Drew Wiggins

PF: Tobias Harris

C: Nikola Vucevic

6thMan: Moe Harkless

That could be potentially an excellent starting line up. But I don't think there is a guarantee that we will take McLemore, now that Smart has decided to go back to school. Another choice might be to take Trey Burke. He's been very impressive. He can score well, got a good jump shot. He can run the floor pretty successfully, and has shown he has clutch ability. For me, he could be an excellent option to take if we're looking for a replacement to Jameer, because as it stands we could get picks or more young pieces in return if we decide to trade him instead of letting him walk for free. Some question his height, but he's got a good enough game to compensate.

I suppose McLemore might have a higher ceiling, and better size. But there are big questions around him having that killer instinct, and him going missing could be an issue. I don't see that being a major issue because mentality has been a question mark surrounding certain top players. Take Durant and Lebron, both guys at one point or another had question marks over being 'too nice', but both guys have made huge steps and have become dominant players. Now I'm not saying McLemore is on their talent level, but a guy can develop a killer instinct in the right environment. That being said, the kid has a high ceiling and could be an excellent shooting guard.

Not sure which guy I would take, but either Burke or McLemore will be the guys I think we'll end up targeting. I guess it depends whether we want to keep Jameer or Afflalo in the starting line up next year, or which guy has more value, but whichever we decide to keep I think the other will be gone.

As for John Wall, he would be an excellent replacement for Jameer. He's an extremely talented guard though he would be wanting a max deal or at least a very big pay day. Personally I see him staying in Washington, but we could be an appealing prospect if Harris, Vuc and Harkless take big strides forwards next season. He might find being on that team more appealing than staying in Washington, unless they bring in more pieces.

Anyone think Magic will compete for a playoff spot next season?

I think we might have a chance if we go into free agency and sign a big name or two. For example:

- Chris Paul (PG), Monta Ellis (SG), Harkless (SF), Harris (PF), Vucevic ©; or Chris Paul/Monta Ellis (PG), McLemore (SG), Josh Smith (SF), Harris (PF), Vucevic ©

I think both of those two teams could compete for a play off spot, but I'm not convinced that they will happen since we'll probably try to tank one more season, or at least leave ourselves with significant cap space for 2014. But if we did try to make a splash in free agency and landed a couple of borderline star players, then we could make a run at the play offs, though we might be best waiting for a franchise changing talent like Wiggins.

With that in mind if our line up next year is:

- Trey Burke (PG), Afflalo (SG), Harkless (SF), Harris (PF), Vucevic ©; or Nelson (PG), McLemore (SG), Harkless (SF), Harris (PF), Vucevic ©

Then I don't see us making the play offs. Sure if Harkless, Harris and Vuc all make a huge step forwards, and then our latest first round pick contributes as well whoever fills the remaining spot (be it a vet or another young piece), then we could have an outside chance of making it. The 8th spot is probably going to be up for grabs, but personally I don't see that happening. We'll improve our record and might not be the worst team, but I think we'll still be among the top five worst teams next season.

I wouldnt even be opposed to trading our solid young prospects (Vuch, Harkless and Harris) for a future early first in next years draft. It accomplishes two things...stockpile more future talent and ensures you are really bad next year. All three players should be able to net us lottery picks next year if we found the right taker.

As a side note...I wonder if ownership finally realizes just how bad Otis had jacked up our team. Seriously it was absolutely world class now that you look back at it. Hopefully Henny keeps up the good work and makes some more prudent moves. I think after many years of dunces running the show we finally have someone who understands how to make a team a contender.

That could be potentially an excellent starting line up. But I don't think there is a guarantee that we will take McLemore, now that Smart has decided to go back to school. Another choice might be to take Trey Burke. He's been very impressive. He can score well, got a good jump shot. He can run the floor pretty successfully, and has shown he has clutch ability. For me, he could be an excellent option to take if we're looking for a replacement to Jameer, because as it stands we could get picks or more young pieces in return if we decide to trade him instead of letting him walk for free. Some question his height, but he's got a good enough game to compensate.

I suppose McLemore might have a higher ceiling, and better size. But there are big questions around him having that killer instinct, and him going missing could be an issue. I don't see that being a major issue because mentality has been a question mark surrounding certain top players. Take Durant and Lebron, both guys at one point or another had question marks over being 'too nice', but both guys have made huge steps and have become dominant players. Now I'm not saying McLemore is on their talent level, but a guy can develop a killer instinct in the right environment. That being said, the kid has a high ceiling and could be an excellent shooting guard.

Not sure which guy I would take, but either Burke or McLemore will be the guys I think we'll end up targeting. I guess it depends whether we want to keep Jameer or Afflalo in the starting line up next year, or which guy has more value, but whichever we decide to keep I think the other will be gone.

As for John Wall, he would be an excellent replacement for Jameer. He's an extremely talented guard though he would be wanting a max deal or at least a very big pay day. Personally I see him staying in Washington, but we could be an appealing prospect if Harris, Vuc and Harkless take big strides forwards next season. He might find being on that team more appealing than staying in Washington, unless they bring in more pieces.

I think we might have a chance if we go into free agency and sign a big name or two. For example:

- Chris Paul (PG), Monta Ellis (SG), Harkless (SF), Harris (PF), Vucevic ©; or Chris Paul/Monta Ellis (PG), McLemore (SG), Josh Smith (SF), Harris (PF), Vucevic ©

I think both of those two teams could compete for a play off spot, but I'm not convinced that they will happen since we'll probably try to tank one more season, or at least leave ourselves with significant cap space for 2014. But if we did try to make a splash in free agency and landed a couple of borderline star players, then we could make a run at the play offs, though we might be best waiting for a franchise changing talent like Wiggins.

With that in mind if our line up next year is:

- Trey Burke (PG), Afflalo (SG), Harkless (SF), Harris (PF), Vucevic ©; or Nelson (PG), McLemore (SG), Harkless (SF), Harris (PF), Vucevic ©

Then I don't see us making the play offs. Sure if Harkless, Harris and Vuc all make a huge step forwards, and then our latest first round pick contributes as well whoever fills the remaining spot (be it a vet or another young piece), then we could have an outside chance of making it. The 8th spot is probably going to be up for grabs, but personally I don't see that happening. We'll improve our record and might not be the worst team, but I think we'll still be among the top five worst teams next season.

I might be a loner on this subject but what is so special about Wiggins and Parker that Harkless and Harris can't bring us? Maybe Wiggins is a better scorer/jaw dropping athlete...he reminds me of a better version of Gerald Green/T-Mac w/ no intangibles, now Parker is more of a franchise player that can represent an organization in a positive way! (But is he really that much different from T.Harris and want to tank a season to acquire?)

On a side note, if you want to acquire CP3 why can't we try to acquire D12...it will be difficult to for CP3 to leave his current team than D12! (We can acquire him with our large TPE and other assets)

C-D12 (he might have to change his jersey #)

PF-Vucevic (playing PF this summer in World Championship will help)

SF-Harris (better version of Melo)

SG-Harkless (better version of Stacey Augmon)

PG-T.Burke (the real deal w/ chip on his shoulder)

Happy Friday

Report: Man Sues Derrick Rose For Missing 2013 Season

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 at 4:35 pm EST

A man is claiming Derrick Rose’s refusal to return to the court has led him to have health issues.

CHICAGO – A 25 year old Peoria Illinois man filed a lawsuit Thursday against Chicago Bulls Superstar Derrick Rose. Matthew Thompson, a self-described long-time Bulls fan, and electrician claims Rose missing the entire 2012-2013 NBA regular season has caused him to have mental breakdowns and emotional distress, which ultimately led to obesity issues.

The former MVP is still recovering from an ACL surgery which has caused him to miss the entire season, his status for the playoffs as of Thursday is still unknown.

According to reports, Thompson claims Rose displayed negligent behavior by refusing to return to the court, despite having been cleared by team doctors. He blames his health issues on the MVP’s refusal to return.

No word if Peoria County Officials will take this lawsuit seriously.

http://hiphop365.com/report-man-sues-derrick-rose-for-missing-2013-season/

I might be a loner on this subject but what is so special about Wiggins and Parker that Harkless and Harris can't bring us? Maybe Wiggins is a better scorer/jaw dropping athlete...he reminds me of a better version of Gerald Green/T-Mac w/ no intangibles, now Parker is more of a franchise player that can represent an organization in a positive way! (But is he really that much different from T.Harris and want to tank a season to acquire?)

On a side note, if you want to acquire CP3 why can't we try to acquire D12...it will be difficult to for CP3 to leave his current team than D12! (We can acquire him with our large TPE and other assets)

C-D12 (he might have to change his jersey #)

PF-Vucevic (playing PF this summer in World Championship will help)

SF-Harris (better version of Melo)

SG-Harkless (better version of Stacey Augmon)

PG-T.Burke (the real deal w/ chip on his shoulder)

:svgsad:

• Upvote 1

I thought I was the last person on this forum to hang on to D12...bro that ship has sailed...let it go...

Let it go? I never had it!

I will remember your name come July and you will be like that Huxtable guy made the most sense on this forum while eating his Jell-O pudding! xD