Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Also, I wonder if Hennigan would go after Jeff Teague?

I was wondering this myself, but I don't think he would go after him. I also think Jeff Teague doesn't excite us, Magic fans, that much. But I may be wrong

Aldrich, Wright, Henry.

Also, I wonder if Hennigan would go after Jeff Teague? I'm sure ATL would match, especially to a division rival.

If we signed Aldrich we would get a crazy fine for intentionally tanking.

• Upvote 1

I say we keep the team we have and continue the development process. we dont want to win big until after next year and we want to save money for our young talent and core players: Harris, Nick, Harkless and etc. I see us maybe trading a vet like nelson; if we draft smart. I would not be suprised if we resigned udrih at that point.

Small moves for young fa players like Tyler Hansbrough and Gerald Henderson can happen but only for reasonable contracts.

I think injuries mostly played a big factor in our bad record. That said, keeping vets like aa and baby may hurt the tank. Young Henni heart almost stop with our early record.

I think Henni secretly plotted to get our vets to the injury list. jk

Here are Wall's recent stats

wallstats.png

I'd say the 2 assists he got against us were like a freak accident, he's an awesome player.

The thing is, to steal him from the Wizards we'd have to throw a Max deal at him because he's a restricted free agent, but even then the Wizards might match the offer.

And with all the young studs we have, we can't throw Max deals around for fun.

Wizards will match it. I do find it slightly concerning in a consistency way that his assists are all over the place, one game 3, then 12, then

5, then 16....

His scoring is impressive though.

I say we keep the team we have and continue the development process. we dont want to win big until after next year and we want to save money for our young talent and core players: Harris, Nick, Harkless and etc. I see us maybe trading a vet like nelson; if we draft smart. I would not be suprised if we resigned udrih at that point.

Small moves for young fa players like Tyler Hansbrough and Gerald Henderson can happen but only for reasonable contracts.

I think injuries mostly played a big factor in our bad record. That said, keeping vets like aa and baby may hurt the tank. Young Henni heart almost stop with our early record.

I think Henni secretly plotted to get our vets to the injury list. jk

I can't see us keeping Udrih and trading Nelson, maybe the other way around. That would seem like a slap in the face to both Jameer and the fan base in my opinion.

Also, signing Tyler Hansbrough?

NOOOOOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

I can't see us keeping Udrih and trading Nelson, maybe the other way around. That would seem like a slap in the face to both Jameer and the fan base in my opinion.

Also, signing Tyler Hansbrough?

NOOOOOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

If we could get him for 3 mil or less. I would take him for an energy guy off the bench. I am not saying to brake the bank on any player in free agency this year. I want to save the money for a young core player like vooch and Tobe.

Nelson could groom the new guy but at his cost (8.6 mil) It is cheaper to have Udrih do the training. Plus, nelson contract has value next year because of the team option. I can see us trading him for a pick or young talent; like jj.

Wizards will match it. I do find it slightly concerning in a consistency way that his assists are all over the place, one game 3, then 12, then

5, then 16....

His scoring is impressive though.

Yeah, might have something to do with the not so great quality of his teammates

If we could get him for 3 mil or less. I would take him for an energy guy off the bench. I am not saying to brake the bank on any player in free agency this year. I want to save the money for a young core player like vooch and Tobe.

I agree. I don't want to pay any player more than $4 or $5 mil this year simply because I want to be able to pay Vuc, Harris, and Moe when their contracts come off the books in 2015. The whole model we run now is a sustainability model, which involves not giving anyone more than their worth (Otis). If anything though, should we sign a big-time free agent in 2014, we'll end up trading away Vuc, Moe, or Harris (I hope not Harris) for a 1st round pick plus to never fully "lose" an asset.