Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Ariza or JJ; who wouldn't you mind losing? {poll}

I'd rather loose Ariza simply because he is a SF, and we have our starting SF for the next 5 years at least. However, we are still looking for the right SG.

Bad question. What makes either Ariza or JJ the choice. Why not Jameer or Hedo. Who cares, give them all away.

If we have to get rid of our potential because of Darko's agent stupidly playing hardball, I say, give that European sissy boy a kiss right on the lips goodbye. We can get it done for another year with Battie. I don't like being held hostage.

quote:
Originally posted by PimpinORL:

Neither. Why would anyone trade Ariza or Redick to keep Darko?

Simple... because we are thin upfront, overloaded at forward.. Ariza will need a new contract soon enough.. All three are unpolished, but Darko is more proven than either of them, and you cant just go out and find 7 footers with athletiscm up for grabs around the league.

Darkos inside presence has just as much upside as Ariza's perimeter and off the dribble D. Darko creates a mismatch versus ANYBODY while playing along side Dwight and Shard. I can think of some more... tell me why you think Ariza's presence, given we have Hedo and Rashard...two proven forwards, has any more upside than the possibility of keeping Darko...

This poll has some weird questions, especially the 3rd one. Who in the right mind wants to give up any of those 3? The 3 best players after Howard. If anything Darko is the harder to find out of the 3 pieces.

Is this a feel good poll to make us feel better because we're "only" losing Darko?

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

I'm surprised so many people would be willing to get rid of Ariza. Really, all he needs is a jumpshot, and he's a star. Besides, who's going to stop Lebron when he comes to town? If we want to win the East, we'll have to slow down "King" James.

I'm rather surprised too - to me, if it's between the two of them, I'm showing Redick the door without a moments hesitation. Ariza has so much more upside and there's a chance we may see him at the 2 someday anyway, so..

Between Darko and Redick is a better question for me.. I'd probably say bye to Redick in the scenario too, if contracts had nothing to do with it.. but I'm high on Redick, don't get me wrong. But I don't envision him in the starting line-up anytime soon, if ever. Role player. Maybe a great one, but a role player nonetheless..

Quite frankly, it's just a stupid question.

I guess if I had to rank them, I'd do it on "most likely to reach their potential" as well as "positional need."

1. J.J.

2. Darko

3. Ariza

But again its just a dumb question. Otis would never freely give any of these three pieces away if he had the option of giving anyone outside of Howard away.

I mean I'd rather see Hedo, Battie, and/or even Jameer leave before any of those three. Color me crazy, but I'm just that confident that J.J. will pan out. If hard work means anything...

And other than Dwight, who has more upside on the team besides Darko and Ariza?

Its really not a fair comparison, this is JJ's 2nd year in the NBA with very limited playing time in the 1st year for more than one reason, lets see what he can do on the court and for the team before we say get rid of him. Ariza has had opportunities.

i voted ariza because we may possibly have 3 sf(lewis, turk, ariza) and maybe 3 sg(jj, bogans; you could throw dooling in there just because) now when you look at that and take the potentially traded person out of the equation which one do you like better sf(lewis, turk) or sg (dooling, bogans)? you pick?! i would personally like to keep both but i see seattle asking for one of the two and if this is the dilemna than i would give ariza.