Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Is Rashard Overpaid?? No With Proof!!

Yes Shard is being overpaid.

1. Those "scorers" include guys that play a lot better D than Lewis.

2. The same people who think Shard isn't being overpaid, or are at least willing to pay him that much, think Darko would be overpaid at $10 million which is what most big men of Darko's talent get.

quote:
Originally posted by DarkoHero:

Yes Shard is being overpaid.

1. Those "scorers" include guys that play a lot better D than Lewis.

2. The same people who think Shard isn't being overpaid, or are at least willing to pay him that much, think Darko would be overpaid at $10 million which is what most big men of Darko's talent get.

Thing with Darko is, we're not even sure anybody would pay him $10m per. Why outbid yourself?

I'd be extremely pissed too if Darko eventually walks and things don't go as planned but hey, Otis took a risk and it was a risk worth taking. I'd bet a lot of people here would still boo Otis and probably make a fireotis.com site if he just signed Darko and another guy not named Pietrus.

People, we have the potential to get both Rashard AND Darko here plus maybe another good backup big. If not Darko, then another good quality big (I hope). This risk/bluff was needed for Seattle to agree with Otis' terms on a sign and trade. Without a sign and trade, we lose Darko.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

let me just say(since i sound pessimistic in the last post) that i hope to god that shard averages as close to 30ppg next year as possible. that would give us a real shot at the ecf. especially if we retain darko.

This thread has nothing to do with expecting 30 ppg out of Shard. Your two previous posts are absolutely rediculous, and I am not even going to both explaining why.

if you arent going to explain yourself, then why waste our time with your comments???

you take once sentence out of two of my posts and call the whole thing rediculous? and also this isnt about 25-30ppg? the whole point of this thread was to look at the salaries and compare them to other scorers...for the most part most of the people in the list in the same salary area as rashard averaged 25-30 points, didnt they? so i consider it pertinent my uninformed friend. not to mention that my main idea was that those other players with similar salary brought something else to the table, which shard doesnt(yet). how much is a one dimensional player worth to you? im not a shard hater, just a realist. i like him in fact. i dont like how he just tied up all flexibility for the next five years though. unless he becomes an all around player...and i will cheer him regardless bc he is on the Magic. please refrain from forcing asinine remarks upon this board.

also d-bo, you cant take two players from seperate teams and use your kobe analogy. they need to be from the same team to make sense. lets say kobe avg'd an even 30ppg. and he gets traded to, lets say indiana for oneal and tinsley. just for grins lets say they avg'd 20pts and 10pts respectively. who would be better off in a trade on paper? since thats all we can argue with? indiana counted on those 30 combined pts from the two players already, so taking them away and adding 1 30ppg player, do they gain any additional offensive threat? thats my point, obviously its all speculation at this point but its certainly possible....you cant deny that.

and for all those out there who dont care about shard's defense...defense wins championships...

also he is known for being a poor defender, not just a 'not very good' defender. there is a difference.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

quote:
its going to take time to get used to being the main option. he has never had the other teams best defender guarding him

If you go back and look at the last 15 games of the season where Ray Allen was injured.

By a quick glance you can easily see that Rashards Lewis's scoring numbers are higher then 22ppg average he had.

Im quite sure those teams put there best defenders on him during that time.

Can he be a teams 1st option? Without a doubt he can.

Now im not going to say he will average 25ppg this year becuase I dont think the Magic will need him to do that. Having Hedo, Howard, and Nelson will take care of the offense we need

I do think Lewis has the ability to average 25ppg if he had to.

Lewis, was needed this year when our offense sputtered in the 4th and couldnt get things going.

having him this will prevent that and give us the consistant offense we needed. Especially in tight games when we needed a goto guy.

i agree with everything you say, but i have a question. turk carried this team down the stretch in very much the same way as rashard did. does that make him worthy of a 15mil/year contract and a full season of being the man? or do you think someone stepped it up the last 3 weeks of the season in a contract year?

i would just like to clarify that in my original post i said that i believe that he wont avg. 25-30 in the first year. i truly believe in 2-3 seasons he could be above the 25ppg plateau as he gets more savvy.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:

let me just say(since i sound pessimistic in the last post) that i hope to god that shard averages as close to 30ppg next year as possible. that would give us a real shot at the ecf. especially if we retain darko.

This thread has nothing to do with expecting 30 ppg out of Shard. Your two previous posts are absolutely rediculous, and I am not even going to both explaining why.

if you arent going to explain yourself, then why waste our time with your comments???

you take once sentence out of two of my posts and call the whole thing rediculous? and also this isnt about 25-30ppg? the whole point of this thread was to look at the salaries and compare them to other scorers...for the most part most of the people in the list in the same salary area as rashard averaged 25-30 points, didnt they? so i consider it pertinent my uninformed friend. not to mention that my main idea was that those other players with similar salary brought something else to the table, which shard doesnt(yet). how much is a one dimensional player worth to you? im not a shard hater, just a realist. i like him in fact. i dont like how he just tied up all flexibility for the next five years though. unless he becomes an all around player...and i will cheer him regardless bc he is on the Magic. please refrain from forcing asinine remarks upon this board.

also d-bo, you cant take two players from seperate teams and use your kobe analogy. they need to be from the same team to make sense. lets say kobe avg'd an even 30ppg. and he gets traded to, lets say indiana for oneal and tinsley. just for grins lets say they avg'd 20pts and 10pts respectively. who would be better off in a trade on paper? since thats all we can argue with? indiana counted on those 30 combined pts from the two players already, so taking them away and adding 1 30ppg player, do they gain any additional offensive threat? thats my point, obviously its all speculation at this point but its certainly possible....you cant deny that.

and for all those out there who dont care about shard's defense...defense wins championships...

also he is known for being a poor defender, not just a 'not very good' defender. there is a difference.

True, but a better comparison would be Kobe to the Bulls for Hinrich and Nocioni. The point is, Grant Hill and Darko are far more replaceable than Rashard Lewis. Historically, teams need at least 2 very good players to contend in the league.

quote:

Oh boy, how I wish you knew Grant Hill so you could tell him Phoenix doesn't play defense. So much for chasing a championship ring Mr. Class.

*scattered sarcasm*