Sign in to follow this  
q=a0dg8u

Hill to Phoenix reported at Hoopsworld

MagicmaninMiami, I agree to a point: what happened to Hill wasn't really his fault - he got hurt, we signed him anyways, he pushed it to come back early and got hurt worse, and so on.

Can't really hold that against the guy. He did, combined, give us about a good season and a half.

What I DO blame Grant for is saying over and over again, especially around the time of the trade deadline, that he wanted to play for us.

Okay, that's salary that would be on the books right now, but we'd probably have a player that would want to stick around for us, too. In short, we wouldn't need to fill a hole because that's what the trade would have done.

As it is, we ended up just being a rest stop where Grant could heal up for a few years before going somewhere where he could 'really' play.

As a fan, I take offense to that.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

I havent once said that I blame Grant for his injuries, I am pi$$ed at the way he handled leaving...Oh and if you think its just this board check out realgm!

well first calm down I never said you did but many others have thats why I said "board mentality not Adam's. Secondly I'll wait to hear what he has to say. Obviously since he specified he wanted to have an interview it seems obvious he wants to explain things. Third, no offense but I doubt that the injuries have no part to play in your animosity. You are seasoned enough to know that an unrestricted free agent is going to go where he can play not sit on a bench. No - 9 times out of ten in fact 10 out of 10 as I have seen it does come back to how much he was paid and what he couldn't deliver because of injury.

The fact Grant Hill got injured is not his fault, as I said before I respect the way he handled himself and how hard he worked to come back, he could have retired years ago but didnt and I do appreciate it, my sole issue here is with the way he walked out.

According to many reports SVG did promise Grant significant minutes so I dont buy the fact he went to PHX to play!

Well it seems that if Grant's true intentions are winning a championship and starting then he made the right decision.

Yes his contract was an albatross over the organization for years but that was by no fault of his own. Allan Houston collected 20 million from the Knicks last year while working for ESPN!! He really owes the Magic nothing.

Good luck in your fight for a championship Grant. Hopefully the Magic will meet you there.

Also if this GM thing does not work out for Otis in 2 years give RDV or Bob a call.

quote:
Originally posted by lemonice1:

I can't imagine a team offering a 1st round pick for G Hill at any point last year or this offseason. Plus, Hill is a free agent, we don't own his rights. If Otis had traded Hill last February, we wouldn't have the cap space we have now.

I think Otis did the right thing with Hill. The last thing we needed was trading a bad contract in its last year for more bad contracts with several years remaining... ala Isiah Thomas!

If Phoneix wanted him so bad I don't see why not. Actually it would've made perfect sense since PHoenix themselves idiotically sold their pick of Rudy Fernandez to Portland. Imagine we could have had a young athletic shooter that could've helped us tremendously. No lame cap excuse, he could've stayed in Europe another year.

Now if it's true what you imagine that no team was that interested in Grant then the fact is we still lose another "star" for nothing. Please just take our players away, we don't care LOL. Would write the list, but that's too depressing.

quote:
According to many reports SVG did promise Grant significant minutes so I dont buy the fact he went to PHX to play!

Can I see even one of those sources? And they better not be Realgm or MC

Hill said he's had extensive talks with new Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, and those meetings have helped enhance his desire to return to Orlando. Playing time and role on the team are extremely important to Hill, 34, who still thinks he can be a major contributor.

"(Van Gundy) feels the same way about me as I do, and that's a very good thing," Hill said with a big smile. "He still thinks I can play, and so do I."

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...06290355/1002/SPORTS

This was June 29, sure changed his tune quickly.

Its not like Hill left us to sign with the Heat or even the Pistons. He is signing with the Suns who aren't a rival and we only play them twice a year. It really isn't that big of a deal.

We currently have 3 small forwards on our roster. We are in great shape at that position and I don't think any of us wanted to see Grant start at the shooting guard position again next year. This way we can continue to develop JJ and Ariza.

Now that Grant is going to the Suns we won't have to worry about keeping some money left over to sign him. There were even rumors that the Magic were going to offer him more than the Vets minimum.

I will always love Grant (always have since I'm a Duke fan) but I am glad to see this era end. I got tired of holding my breath every time Grant hit the floor.

quote:

Hill said he's had extensive talks with new Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, and those meetings have helped enhance his desire to return to Orlando. Playing time and role on the team are extremely important to Hill, 34, who still thinks he can be a major contributor.

"(Van Gundy) feels the same way about me as I do, and that's a very good thing," Hill said with a big smile. "He still thinks I can play, and so do I."

A) there is not a thing in that report that said that Stan guaranteed him anything

B) I do not appreciate you using your position as a mod to go into my post and change what you said and I objected to.

You said he was guaranteed time alongside Rashard The you went into my post and changed your quote. The fact is that Rashard signing does change things and no one ever guaranteed Grant a starting position or time alongside Rashard.

So the source says nothing of what you claimed and said what it said before free agency even started. NO one knows what went down until we hear more

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:

A) there is not a thing in that report that said that Stan guaranteed him anything

B) I do not appreciate you using your position as a mod to go into my post and change what you said and I objected to.

You said he was guaranteed time alongside Rashard The you went into my post and changed your quote. The fact is that Rashard signing does change things and no one ever guaranteed Grant a starting position or time alongside Rashard.

So the source says nothing of what you claimed and said what it said before free agency even started. NO one knows what went down until we hear more

I changed my quote because I mean he promised Grant playing time in genereal whether with or without Rashard, since when does major contributor not mean significant minutes, as you can see from Grant's quote he made out he would be back and then screwed us the minute he got the chance.

AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION something you find VERY hard to comprehend, you cannot contribute in one thread without causing arguments, IMO Grant screwed us and he is not "Me Perfect" like everyone thinks.

quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide:

Grant Hill Makes The Stupidist Turn Overs Of All Time. Just Think Back To The Playoffs, How Many Times Did This Guy Dribble Off His Feet?

LMAO, I think the doctors put his foot on crooked on the last surgery!

So the SERIAL JILTER strikes again, what a suprise. I hope the Suns win a title soon or Hill will be headed to San Antonio next

quote:

AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION something you find VERY hard to comprehend, you cannot contribute in one thread without causing arguments, IMO Grant screwed us and he is not "Me Perfect" like everyone thinks.

And I've stated my opinion. Am I allowed to have one that disagree with you Adam? Or is having a different opinion from you and a few others instigating an argument every time I have one that you don't like?

I know it bugs people for me to be wishing Grant well. They get all riled up if anyone sees him differently. Too bad. We can have different opinions. Grant is a solid player and a player I respect.

MY complaint about changing your quote in my post is entirely justified. if I say something that I don't mean or need to correct I have to explain it when it is quoted not go into someones thread and change the quote to pretend thats not what I said to make my own point more palatable. I have no problem with you modding my posts if I violate some rule but you shouldn't be going into my posts to advance your own arguments. Poor form.

You wrote something you didn't mean just say so LIKE ALL THE REST OF US have to do when we mispeak or get misunderstood. and no there will be no back and forth. I'm done on this issue.