Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Moe Harkless

The thing I like most about harkless is I'm 100% sold that he can be a part of a championship roster even if he doesn't get any better than he is right now. He defends multiple positions and can shoot a decent three.

I'm still not sold that Harris or Vuc are legit prospects on a winning team. They might have inflated stats just due to opportunity. Harkless, however, would fit on any team. At the very least, he defends well and makes the other team defend him. That's where he's different from guys like Barnes or Ronnie brewer.

I just figured out his floor. Thabo sefelosha (I know I butchered that spelling)

The thing I like most about harkless is I'm 100% sold that he can be a part of a championship roster even if he doesn't get any better than he is right now. He defends multiple positions and can shoot a decent three.

I'm still not sold that Harris or Vuc are legit prospects on a winning team. They might have inflated stats just due to opportunity. Harkless, however, would fit on any team. At the very least, he defends well and makes the other team defend him. That's where he's different from guys like Barnes or Ronnie brewer.

I just figured out his floor. Thabo sefelosha (I know I butchered that spelling)

Sounds about right.

I think Harkless is more talented than Thabo. He does some things that are just jaw dropping. Mainly getting off the ground and blocking/dunking at a pretty incredible rate of speed that you don't see often.

If earl clark and ariza can learn to shoot, so can Moe. Moe is already better at shooting than those guys were for us and he is only 19. I see him becoming a better version of Ariza.

Yeah, I'm not sold on vooch or Harris yet but time will tell. Who knows maybe vooch will bulk up and actually play some D next season. Hey, I can dream right?

A hard playing, 2 way slasher who can hit open corner 3s and bricks free throws whose ceiling is "3rd best player on a title team", and no one suggests Nick Anderson?!?

NA was stocky and tried to work the post.

I'm sticking with the better three point shooting version (maybe) of Trevor Ariza until further notice. Well, the LAL version anyway.

I think Harkless is more talented than Thabo. He does some things that are just jaw dropping. Mainly getting off the ground and blocking/dunking at a pretty incredible rate of speed that you don't see often.

If earl clark and ariza can learn to shoot, so can Moe. Moe is already better at shooting than those guys were for us and he is only 19. I see him becoming a better version of Ariza.

Ariza is the guy I thought of at first. Harkless has shown he can get to the rack too, he just has to get stronger and better at finishing.

Whatever he is or becomes, it's fun to watch a guy actually develop as the season progresses.

It's time for a good old positivity thread, since this season has been very short on that kinda stuff. I'd like to take this time to thank our boy Hennigan for pantsing the Lakers and 76'ers in that trade back before the season began. Yes that's right I said pantsing them. Pulled the wool over their eyes. Highway robbery. Ripped them off. Stole their lunch money.

Ok maybe that's all a little bit much. And although most would look at the teams records they would think the Lakers got the better end of the deal, that only tells half the story. The Lakers got an all-star center in his prime sure, but also got a player that has still not signed long term, is putting up his worst numbers since his rookie season, is proving to be a locker room cancer, and is also looking like the big man version of T-Mac after back surgery. At the same time the Magic dumped one of their more worthless contracts in Duhon on them as well.

This is of course not even factoring in how bad the 76'ers got it here as well. Figuring they got a future franchise center, they instead received a head case that still has yet to play a game for them and has not even been signed beyond this year. Hennigan also at the same time got them to take on another bad contract in J-Rich.

And what did the Magic get? Well we know we got a young stud Center in Vucevic, a guy who is a nightly double double and already one of the better rebounding big men in the game at a young age. But what I would like to focus on is Moe Harkless. At the beginning of the year this dude struggled to even find the court and when he did he looked lost on it anyway. Now look at the kid. He has been fantastic on both offense and defense, attacking the rim with some authority, shooting a solid clip from 3 point range, and blocking shots every where. I loved Bleacher report's write up on him (and I very rarely like what they say about anyone) in their rookie rankings:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1578762-nba-rookie-stock-watch-biggest-risers-and-fallers-heading-into-final-stretch/page/6

And when you think about the fact that he is one of the youngest players in the league? Imagine what happens when he has a full offseason of training with the team that he can maximize to his benefit. I'm not saying this kid is the next LBJ. But I think Hennigan nailed a future fringe all-star in this trade. Combined with him burglarizing the Bucks for Udrih and Harris, and I think Hennigan is a draft or two away from getting this team right back on to the path to contention.

i like the idea of building a team around Moe, Harris and Vuc. With some luck in the draft and the money to spend in free agency, I like where we are heading.

Sounds about right.

Your right on bout Moe. I like Vuc and Harris looks good but either scared of contact on the drive or too light in the ass.... Unless that's his jumper. Regardless, I expect him to get much better with time.

Yeah, I'm not sold on vooch or Harris yet but time will tell. Who knows maybe vooch will bulk up and actually play some D next season. Hey, I can dream right?

I think harris has shown a lot of game. He just needs to stop fouling so much.