Sign in to follow this  
Berto

Jameer

quote:
Originally posted by rdeezy:

I totally agree with you KBerto. Jameer can be one of the best, if it wasnt for our coach.

Hogwash, my friends! There was not a single player on this team (except maybe Garrity last season) that got more latitude and freedom from this coach than Jameer. The kid is a

I'll make this short so you don't have to read a research paper or something. When people say Jameer isn't the right point guard for this team, they are dead wrong in my mind. I think firing Brian Hill will be the answer in fixing Jameer's game. I think it's 100% a mental thing with Jameer. As soon as we get a coach that isn't offensively challenged, and a coach who doesn't micromanage the offense, Jameer's game will blossom like we all thought it would by now.

I'll make this short so you don't have to read a research paper or something. When people say Jameer isn't the right point guard for this team, they are dead wrong in my mind. I think firing Brian Hill will be the answer in fixing Jameer's game. I think it's 100% a mental thing with Jameer. As soon as we get a coach that isn't offensively challenged, and a coach who doesn't micromanage the offense, Jameer's game will blossom like we all thought it would by now.

i wonder what nelson is being told by the coach? i hope nelson is not being told to carry the team on his back. that would explain why he played like crap tonight. you know the more i think about it i can see nelson being told that its up to him. very few players in the nba can handle that pressure.

Remember when Jameer was having that awesome game at the beginning of the year a Brian took him out!? He gave Brian a real bad look. This may be the truth.

I agree 100% on Coach Hill.

But you guys are dreaming if you think Nelson is a good PG. He could be a good sub.

Forget the offence, how is it the coach's fault when every point guard -even when taller- brakes him down? He gets used every night. like tonight!

Defense is about effort, and when we get burned by Charlotte like that, it's clear the effort isn't there. It's not like Jameer is slow, so when this team decides to care again, which probaly won't be until Hill is gone (hopefully) the defense will pick up. Don't forget, our defense was the reason for our great start.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I agree with your reasoning, but it will apply to all players that are underperforming. The question which coach with what style will fit these young players and which one we really need to keep?

I think we can do a lot of different things offensively. But most importantly I would love to see this team run. Jameer and Trevor could really push the tempo, and JJ would have many oppurtunities with open shots in transistion. And with Dwight and Darko we can play half-court offense. Hill just likes to do the same thing over and over again, regardless of the outcome.