Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

The End... Hopefully

Whether you agree with me or not, last night was not only closure for him but it was for us Magic fans too. He put it that way.

The end of the Dwightmare?

One things for sure is that when the fixtures list was released, Magic fans scrolled down or flicked through to find one things. The return of Howard.

Now March 12 has gone. We can put all this behind us now.

With just 3 vets (4 if you consider Big Baby a veteran) the Magic have a good fanbase, quality young players and impending high draft picks. Depending if a Magic GM makes a bad trade (when has that ever happened?), the Magic could return a playoff fixture and push on from there.

This has to be the end of the Dwightmare. Dwight needs to stick his shoe in his mouth and let his play do the talking, for everyone.

I agree that he should have been booed. I definitely don't think his Orlando career warrants a retired jersey (T12 has it now).

For everyone in Orlando, this needs to be the end.

To those of you there, are you satisfied now?

I'm over it, personally. But I was over it before yesterday's game. I was over JJ being traded the day after it happened as well. Now, I like JJ and dislike Dwight, but I'm over both of them not being on the team. They're gone, move on.

I don't think the bitter taste of Howard's departure will ever truly leave for some fans. It is just like there are still Cleveland fans that are bitter towards LeBron James, and even if LeBron returned I don't think they'd accept it initially, but they would as soon as they returned to contender status.

That said, for me I am not happy in the way he handlded his departure. But at the same time I can appreciate everything he did for this franchise while he was here. He was a damn good player for us, and he helped us become a contender again. It is just a shame we never won a championship with him, but if he had a stronger supporting cast with another star, then we may very well have won at least one NBA championship (eg. Miami had Dwyane Wade and Shaq; the Spurs had Parker, Duncan, Ginóbili and Bowen; the Celtics had Pierce, Allen, Garnett and Rondo; and the Lakers when they beat us had Kobe, Pau Gasol, and Bynum). Now I am not agreeing entirely with Dwight in that he had team mates that no one wanted, but when it comes down to it, he did carry a heavy load with this team, much like LeBron did in Cleveland. If Cleveland and ourselves had brought in another star player to make it a big two, or done like the Celtics did and got a big three, then I think we would have won a championship with Dwight.

As for retiring his number, as good as he was, I don't think he has earned it. It's not like he won a championship, or that he did something overly impressive to warrant a retirement for that jersey. He's just like Shaq. We had a great player, but ultimately they'll be remembered for what they did elsewhere more than what they did with us.

I'm over it, personally. But I was over it before yesterday's game. I was over JJ being traded the day after it happened as well. Now, I like JJ and dislike Dwight, but I'm over both of them not being on the team. They're gone, move on.

I didn't even realize we were playing the Lakers until my friend texted my after the first quarter.

To be fair to Dwight (this is all I'll give him), LeBron was from Cleveland, and went on national television and basically said, " Go ***** yourselves, San Diego."

And that was to his own hometown. Dwight didn't do that.

I think if we had won, or if Dwight had played terribly, or had had a poor attitude, it wouldn't have been closure.

That being said, for all the flubs of Dwight, I think he actually did really well for himself with this game, embracing both the media and the environment. Sure he was probably slight hurt on the inside, but his jovial attitude in booing with the crowd has he came out signified that he was going to take everything in stride.

While I still think that he is ultimately out for himself and sold us out, I think he has grown up a bit, and I can say with our bright future ahead (and hopefully we don't get stuck in mediocrity), that I think I can lay this one to rest.

On another note, does anyone have any guesses on what the heck Dwight and Jameer said to each other after the game?

I think if we had won, or if Dwight had played terribly, or had had a poor attitude, it wouldn't have been closure.

That being said, for all the flubs of Dwight, I think he actually did really well for himself with this game, embracing both the media and the environment. Sure he was probably slight hurt on the inside, but his jovial attitude in booing with the crowd has he came out signified that he was going to take everything in stride.

While I still think that he is ultimately out for himself and sold us out, I think he has grown up a bit, and I can say with our bright future ahead (and hopefully we don't get stuck in mediocrity), that I think I can lay this one to rest.

On another note, does anyone have any guesses on what the heck Dwight and Jameer said to each other after the game?

The Magic fan in me hopes Jameer went to Dwight and whispered in a deep voice "Don't ever... be alone..."

But I bet it was just a clear the air, "Dude, why don't you come over later, lets have some dinner and call this over."