Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic Vs Lakers

Hang in there bros. Really no one is going to beat Miami or OKC the next 2-3 years and that was true with or without Dwight. It is time to move on and be done. Let him enjoy his fleeting fame and first and second round exits the next few years while we build a stacked roster.

This is my thought, too, and another reason I'm taking a break: now that LeBron's figured out how to win, I seriously don't think there's another player/team out there that will challenge them for at least a couple years. And I don't really like LeBron and I hate Miami, so watching them rack up a few championships isn't really fun to watch.

I don't know, I've found myself MORE invested in the team lately. But maybe I'm just crazy.

LeBron is the man right now, but his window is smaller than most think. Maybe not his, but definitely Miami's. For one, it could be all over next year because they could all leave. But say they don't, LeBron will be 29 and Wade will be 33. LeBron will still be a beast, but he will lose a slight step and will probably be playing PF. Wade will be an afterthought.

Sports fans have a unique sense of loyalty, especially when that loyalty is misplaced on an undeserving team. If you're a fan of one of these teams, you're stubborn.

Loyalty is important in marriages and mafia. For sports fans, it’s a weakness.

Many enthusiasts are committed to their team come hell or high water, but their teams don’t reciprocate. Instead, fans are left cheering for colors, mascots and memories instead of a successful on-field winning product.

While some front offices are to blame, fans who blindly cheer for their team regardless of their attempts to win a championships or not are simply stubborn.

dfdfdsaa

So, you're going to change your sig then, because obviously the "we" refers to the Magic (and fans) and you are clearly jumping ship...

Exactly. He's the idiot for engaging in a back and forth with a fan. It wasn't even the first time he did it during the game, just shows how mentally weak he is.

In a couple of years Kobe and Nash will be long gone and they will be attempting to rebuild around Dwight, basically they will be in a similar situation to us. He's done nothing other than extend his wait to contend in a major market where they are going to be tearing him up for his inability to lead.

One more thing, your momma?? Really? Your momma?? that is the best you can come up with? Maybe you should have just come up with some other dumb-*** impersonations that don't sound anything like the person you are trying to impersonate.

Maybe it was one of his myriad of illegitimate children sitting in the front row....makes sense.

Sports fans have a unique sense of loyalty, especially when that loyalty is misplaced on an undeserving team. If you're a fan of one of these teams, you're stubborn.

Loyalty is important in marriages and mafia. For sports fans, it’s a weakness.

Many enthusiasts are committed to their team come hell or high water, but their teams don’t reciprocate. Instead, fans are left cheering for colors, mascots and memories instead of a successful on-field winning product.

While some front offices are to blame, fans who blindly cheer for their team regardless of their attempts to win a championships or not are simply stubborn.

dfdfdsaa

I'm beginning to understand where you are coming from now. Your dad is a Cub fan, right?

I don't know, I've found myself MORE invested in the team lately. But maybe I'm just crazy.

LeBron is the man right now, but his window is smaller than most think. Maybe not his, but definitely Miami's. For one, it could be all over next year because they could all leave. But say they don't, LeBron will be 29 and Wade will be 33. LeBron will still be a beast, but he will lose a slight step and will probably be playing PF. Wade will be an afterthought.

I don't see LeBron losing a step at 29. Maybe 3 or 4 years from now.

for me, it would have to be something that goes against my principles and moral fiber ... for example, like supporting bigotry or child abuse, or anything along that line ... in such case, I just wouldn't buy tickets to go to games, or buy memorabilia, because I would feel like I would be supporting things which in principle I do not agree with ... but even then, I think that I would watch Magic gams on TV, because that is team with which I have identified myself ... but that's just me ...

or resigning Hedo Turkoglu

This is my thought, too, and another reason I'm taking a break: now that LeBron's figured out how to win, I seriously don't think there's another player/team out there that will challenge them for at least a couple years. And I don't really like LeBron and I hate Miami, so watching them rack up a few championships isn't really fun to watch.

Lebron has been playing great but did he really figure out how to win or did David Stern just tell the officials you better not call a foul on him more than once every six games. How...good god HOW can a guy who plays that aggressively with drives to the bucket, hacking and pushing play six games without a foul. As a side note I feel bad for Utah (the playoff team the Lakers have dislplaced). I bet they cant get a call to save their playoff lives.

I don't see LeBron losing a step at 29. Maybe 3 or 4 years from now.

I'm not saying the wheels are going to fall off, I just mean to the extent that people won't be begging him to do the dunk contest (unless simply because he still hasn't done it yet). LeBron has played in 751 games, and 115 more playoff games. That puts him at 866 games, and the wheels typically fall off at 1000 games (but LeBron is not typical, so just like Kobe he will break 1000 still being a superstar). The Heat have 20 games left this season, and more than likely around 20 in the playoffs. That puts him above 900 going into next season, where he will play between 75-80 games and 20 or so more playoff games, and he will be at the magic 1000 game mark heading into free agency.

He'll still be great, he'll probably still be the best player in the league, but he won't be the guy he is this very second. I always thought the cap for the Heat was four titles, and that's if they can win four straight. That would include a season after he passed 1000 games.