Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic Vs Lakers

I have my tickets and expect to be drunkenly screaming obscenities at Howard. I actually would love it if Earl had a hell of a game but agree that Kobe does live for this kind of atmosphere and do see him having his way with our defense tonight. "HACK-A-HOWARD."

I don't think #12 shoots any fewer than 20 free throws. I'd love that. Just don't want Vooch to foul out.

Here's a thought for conspiracy theorists out there (of which I am not...just like stirring the pot sometimes. haha.)

What if this game was kept from national TV so the league can, once again, provide favorable calls for another of its darlings (ala the Miami game) without drawing attention to itself, thus improving their playoff chances?

Just a thought. :pokewithstick:

I don't think #12 shoots any fewer than 20 free throws. I'd love that. Just don't want Vooch to foul out.

Here's a thought for conspiracy theorists out there (of which I am not...just like stirring the pot sometimes. haha.)

What if this game was kept from national TV so the league can, once again, provide favorable calls for another of its darlings (ala the Miami game) without drawing attention to itself, thus improving their playoff chances?

Just a thought. :pokewithstick:/>/>

That would have taken so much forethought and would have required league execs to assume that LA would be fighting for their playoff lifes at this point...which I don't believe anyone thought would be the case. That said, it is very surprising that this game is not being nationally televised. Maybe they were trying to protect Dwight's image to a certain extent? Don't know, don't care

Things that will happen:

- Dwight will shoot 20+ Free Throws via hack-a-howard, and will make less than 40%.

- Kobe will score 25+ but on < 40% shooting b/c of Moe Harkless's D.

- Jameer will score 25+ points with 8+ Assists and a monster 4th quarter if the magic win.

- Dwight will run into the locker room at some point before the game nonchalantly (during warmups), because he needs to take a breather, hit a few things, and shed a tear because he's being boo'ed so hard and can't take it.

- Dwight's Hand shake - won't shake anyone's hands before the game; Lose - will walk out without speaking to anyone; Win - will try to come over and shake hands but will only get Vuc and JV at best.

- Moe/Tobias at some point will posterize Dwight.

- Jameer at some point will drive to the basket and get hammered by Dwight. Someone (Afflalo my guess) will come to Jameer's defense and get in Dwight's face or nothing will come of it and the crowd will immediately intensify the hatred for Dwight.

- Dwight won't answer media questions if they lose.

Overall, Magic win or Lakers win by a blowout.

That would have taken so much forethought and would have required league execs to assume that LA would be fighting for their playoff lifes at this point...which I don't believe anyone thought would be the case. That said, it is very surprising that this game is not being nationally televised. Maybe they were trying to protect Dwight's image to a certain extent? Don't know, don't care

When the schedule was made for this season Dwight was still a member of the Magic. That's right, the league gave us one total national TV game this season while Dwight was still on the roster. It's almost like the league knew he wouldn't be a member of the Magic this season...

When the schedule was made for this season Dwight was still a member of the Magic. That's right, the league gave us one total national TV game this season while Dwight was still on the roster. It's almost like the league knew he wouldn't be a member of the Magic this season...

I was referring to the fact that Hawks-Heat won the fan vote for NBA Fan Night. Maybe the "fan vote" was rigged?

:pokewithstick:

Don't forget that Dwight had already come out, a month prior to the release of the schedule, and reiterated his desire to be traded, again, before the start of the season.

Don't forget that Dwight had already come out, a month prior to the release of the schedule, and reiterated his desire to be traded, again, before the start of the season.

I know It's still a little odd that the league would schedule 1 national TV game after having several the last several years; especially when they knew it may be a possibility that Dwight would still be playing for the Magic.