Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoMagic777

Has Orlando had more stars on their team than any other franchise???

Even if you wanted to just count '89 to present Lakers have:

Magic

Worthy

Rodman

Shaq

Van Exel

Kobe

Malone

Rice

Richmond

Payton

Howard

Nash

And of course, Mark Madsen.

Where's Luke Walton?

With the Lakers you have 17 stars in 29 years. Take away the players that played for Minneapolis and never stepped foot in L.A and you have around 15. Take away this year alone(Nash, Howard) and the number is down to 13. With the Magic, you have at least 13 who have been all-stars

Shaq

Penny Hardaway

Shawn Kemp

Patrick Ewing

Grant Hill

Tracy McGrady

Gilbert Arenas

Steve Francis

Jameer Nelson

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkoglu(not all star but pretty damn impressive in his prime)

Vince Carter

Rashard Lewis

Nick Anderson(not all star but also impressive)

Scott Skiles(was a star or at least semi-star)

Dominique Wilkins

If anything, the Lakers barely edge us out, 15(throw in an Eddie Jones and Vlade maybe) to 13, but considering the length of time they have been around and we've been around, I'd say we surpass them.

I can see what you are trying to argue, and I do agree with you that we've had some impressive players down the years, and had a good contingent of star players. The issue I have with such a list, though is that even if we have had more stars on our roster than the Lakers, what do they have since 1989 that we don't?

- 9 finals appearances, with 5 NBA championships wins.

- We've had 2 final appearances, and 0 NBA championships.

So I guess it comes down to what people value more: having more star players, or having more success via winning championships. Now I might have touched on an issue here that you didn't want to address, but I think this has to come into any argument regarding which team has had the most stars, but most importantly, the stars that came together to win championships.

Personally I would still think the Lakers have had more stars than us, and more impressive but not star players than us. That said, we've still got a very proud history, and a bright future ahead of us.

Hey fellas, I was wondering something. Has Orlando had more nba stars on their team at one time or another moreso than any other franchise? I'm including stars who maybe only played for the team for one season, stars who are on the downside of their career, etc. We've had A LOT of stars over the years, and I can't think of any other franchise who can match us in that. Here's just a list of nba stars we've had on our team at one point or another

Shaq

Penny Hardaway

Shawn Kemp

Patrick Ewing

Grant Hill

Tracy McGrady

Gilbert Arenas

Steve Francis

Jameer Nelson

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkoglu

Vince Carter

Rashard Lewis

Nick Anderson

Scott Skiles

players in the twilight of their career dont count.

arenas

ewing

kemp

turk not a star

you should really only have player that made the allstar team while on the Magic

The Lakers keep getting mentioned in this thread and the Celtics were only mentioned once. Without looking at a list, the Celtics may have had more stars than even the Lakers had.

The Lakers keep getting mentioned in this thread and the Celtics were only mentioned once. Without looking at a list, the Celtics may have had more stars than even the Lakers had.

Its all subjective, without stabilizing a definition of achievements that make 'star' there is no way to tell who has had more since my list may differ from yours. It'd be better if it was Allstars or Hall of Famers, that way everyone's list would be the same.

On that topic you'd be correct in saying that the Celtics have had more hall of famers than the Lakers. Of only players, I think Celtics have had 24 while Lakers only have 17 but taking in to account that some of these Hall of Famers didn't have stellar seasons while playing for these associations.