Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Heat

Sure it may have backfired or maybe it would have put the refs on notice, we'll never know. Either way it would have reminded this young team that he has their collective backs and that's never a bad thing.

I guess seeing the resolve the team fought with at the end of the game showed me that they do believe in their coach. I actually think the Magic would have won the game by three or more had Vuc, Hark, and Harris not fouled out, and that makes me very excited for our future. In the end, that one positive outweighs all the negatives of this game.

Well, I do have to admit that I assumed you were referring to the charging call at the end of the game and since the last few posts were referring to the end of the game I further assumed it. So my bad on that I guess. I did not feel that the game was poorly called until the end. The charging call was questionable, but it was a bang bang play and could have gone either way.

Oh and dude, calm down ok. Or, not, I dont care really.

Quit assuming then, you're bad at it. I'm quite calm, but this is the second time in the past two days you've inferred or assumed something in my posts that I flat haven't said. Thanks broseph

Quit assuming then, you're bad at it. I'm quite calm, but this is the second time in the past two days you've inferred or assumed something in my posts that I flat haven't said. Thanks broseph

Fair enough, so you thought the entire game was poorly called? I have to admit I missed most of the game on tv, but listened on the radio and it seemed to me that the team was turning the ball over a lot which I though was the main reason for the double didget lead the Heat kept most of the way. I watched the 4th and it did not seem like a good time to pick up a T to me. Could have just as easily, and IMO, would have killed the comeback. As for the charging call, I think you can agree with me that a T there would be no good.

And the first time I was MESSING WITH YOU. I know you did not come out and say the Hark was the next Pippen.

I guess seeing the resolve the team fought with at the end of the game showed me that they do believe in their coach. I actually think the Magic would have won the game by three or more had Vuc, Hark, and Harris not fouled out, and that makes me very excited for our future. In the end, that one positive outweighs all the negatives of this game.

I agree with most of that. I'm not usually big on moral victories, but I truly believe even Miami would acknowledge that game was gifted to them. More importantly our young guys showed up, played big, and never backed down even with the deck clearly stacked against them. That definitely bodes well for our future!

Fair enough, so you thought the entire game was poorly called? I have to admit I missed most of the game on tv, but listened on the radio and it seemed to me that the team was turning the ball over a lot which I though was the main reason for the double didget lead the Heat kept most of the way. I watched the 4th and it did not seem like a good time to pick up a T to me. Could have just as easily, and IMO, would have killed the comeback. As for the charging call, I think you can agree with me that a T there would be no good.

And the first time I was MESSING WITH YOU. I know you did not come out and say the Hark was the next Pippen.

I don't have the stats in front of me but I believe they shot 31 FT's to our 14 (yes I realize we're bottom of the league in FT's attempted) and many to most of the calls throughout the game were of the typical Lebron or Wade initiates contact and stares down the ref variety. Having watched the whole game I can assure you the officiating was every bit as lopsided as the stats indicate.

As for the rest, its cool...I was just getting the impression you were going out of your way to challenge everything I post or trying to make me look stupid for whatever reason (trust me, I can do that without your help, lol).

There wasn't much cause throughout the game for JV to grab a tech, especially with this young team. He knows the young guys aren't going to get the benefit of the whistle against veteran teams, just like the team knows he supports them and has their back. There wasn't a point during that game, until the end, that you could point to a run of bad calls and say "JV should have done something there".

For that reason, it's fairly acceptable in my opinion, for someone to read your assertion that JV should have done something (getting a tech), and conclude that "doing something" would have been poorly timed and done so at a detriment to the team, due to the late game whistles impacting the game in a negative manner for the Magic.

Sure, you can come back and say "he should have done something earlier", but there was nothing to do earlier. He can't jump the refs early in the game, without cause, on the assumption that they are going to exhibit that kind of late game bias. That's the kind of move a coach makes to spark his team that is getting too caught up in the whistles early on, or when things are unjustifiably being called in favor of the other team.

There wasn't much cause throughout the game for JV to grab a tech, especially with this young team. He knows the young guys aren't going to get the benefit of the whistle against veteran teams, just like the team knows he supports them and has their back. There wasn't a point during that game, until the end, that you could point to a run of bad calls and say "JV should have done something there".

For that reason, it's fairly acceptable in my opinion, for someone to read your assertion that JV should have done something (getting a tech), and conclude that "doing something" would have been poorly timed and done so at a detriment to the team, due to the late game whistles impacting the game in a negative manner for the Magic.

Sure, you can come back and say "he should have done something earlier", but there was nothing to do earlier. He can't jump the refs early in the game, without cause, on the assumption that they are going to exhibit that kind of late game bias. That's the kind of move a coach makes to spark his team that is getting too caught up in the whistles early on, or when things are unjustifiably being called in favor of the other team.

There were poor calls all game long, they didn't begin late in the 4th...they just seemed bigger because they ultimately were the ones that fouled players out and took points off the board for us. I guess if JV simply accepts the fact that Lebron and Wade get every call then you're right, there is nothing to really complain about. A technical foul isn't always detrimental and we lost anyways, so again...who knows?

There were poor calls all game long, they didn't begin late in the 4th...they just seemed bigger because they ultimately were the ones that fouled players out and took points off the board for us. I guess if JV simply accepts the fact that Lebron and Wade get every call then you're right, there is nothing to really complain about. A technical foul isn't always detrimental and we lost anyways, so again...who knows?

You almost always have poor calls sprinkled throughout a game. It wouldn't make sense for a coach to seek out a tech every time his team got a bad call or three. Not only that, but despite the discrepancy in calls, they weren't impacting the game in a negative manner. We fell behind, but made a great effort to come from behind, and even take the lead. It wasn't until that point, late in the game, that the refs seemed to go into "Superstar Mode" (which sucked for us since we have no superstars).

If you watched the game, you saw JV talking to the refs about certain calls throughout the game as he does on a regular basis. Things had not degenerated to the point where creating a spectacle and getting a tech would have been warranted early on.

And no, a tech isn't always detrimental, but purposefully picking up a tech in the last few minutes of a close game when your team has a very narrow margin, and their team has some great ft shooters on the floor would not have been a smart move.

I'm sorry, has everyone gone off the crazy end? Did I just read the questioning of Nicholson not being asked to defend? Am I right on that?

No, I just had no clue where the hell he was. He only played 16 minutes last night, I was wondering if he was hurt or not.

No, I just had no clue where the hell he was. He only played 16 minutes last night, I was wondering if he was hurt or not.

Well, considering the mins distributed I would think that he was determined more of a liability defensively then a value offensively. My opinion, a safe bet.

Edit: By that I mean that Nelson and Vuc played extensive mins so JV went with his best for as long as possible.