Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 Playoffs Thread: Round 1 Game 5 Magic @ Cavs 04/30 8PM ET

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

It’s the second most unstoppable shot (next to Kareem’s Sky Hook of course) that guys like Jordan, Kobe, and Dirk perfected.  Paolo is really good at it in the post.  He will get better as he is 21 years old.  I also want to say he is a Power Forward not a guard  and there aren’t many in NBA history that pass and have a handle as good as Paolos.  He just needs a PG or another ball handler so he doesn’t have to do everything on the court himself.  It would be nice if he could be set up sometimes.  Franz is the only other real creator that currently does this to make his life easier.  

Paolo is averaging 25 pts 48.5 FG% and 38 3P% in his first Playoffs at 21 years old…………he is so far ahead of where he should be at his age………..get him some help this summer……..

GO MAGIC!

Thanks for sharing, MagicMan.

• Upvote 1

Still angry about that loss. We had a great lucky break in the right moment with the absence of Allen and didn't take advantage of it (could have attacked more the paint a lot of times, especially considering our outside shooting)

When a game is that close, every little detail counts. A lot of forum members already indicated FT and TO's. Let me insist on rotations... we played again 6/7 minutes without any starter. And then some crazy ones where the PG was actually a SG (Suggs), the SG was a SF (Franz), the SF was a PF (Ingles) and the PF was a C (Isaac). With Isaac guarding a lot of times Garland or Mitchell in those situations. I love him and he's a wonderful defender, but that's asking too much, and also a big risk to have another injury while chasing those fast guards.

Without those weird choices, we could have won that one away, Also, coach should make choices considering who's performing in that game and who's not. (I'm looking at you, Cole)

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Still angry about that loss. We had a great lucky break in the right moment with the absence of Allen and didn't take advantage of it (could have attacked more the paint a lot of times, especially considering our outside shooting)

When a game is that close, every little detail counts. A lot of forum members already indicated FT and TO's. Let me insist on rotations... we played again 6/7 minutes without any starter. And then some crazy ones where the PG was actually a SG (Suggs), the SG was a SF (Franz), the SF was a PF (Ingles) and the PF was a C (Isaac). With Isaac guarding a lot of times Garland or Mitchell in those situations. I love him and he's a wonderful defender, but that's asking too much, and also a big risk to have another injury while chasing those fast guards.

Without those weird choices, we could have won that one away, Also, coach should make choices considering who's performing in that game and who's not. (I'm looking at you, Cole)

This might be a hot take, but I don’t think Allen being out for them helped us at all. Even tho he was putting up monster numbers it was at the detriment of better players. Mobley at the 5 really hurt us, especially with how late the news came in and so little time to adjust.

The situation you’re referring to at the end of the game with Isaac guarding Mitchell I believe is because of the Harris injury. We’ve consistently played Harris and Suggs on Garland and Mitchell all series, and Gary couldn’t play in the 2nd half. His shot has been way off this series, but his defense has been really good and if he can’t go tomorrow I’ll be curious to see how we respond.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This might be a hot take, but I don’t think Allen being out for them helped us at all. Even tho he was putting up monster numbers it was at the detriment of better players. Mobley at the 5 really hurt us, especially with how late the news came in and so little time to adjust.

The situation you’re referring to at the end of the game with Isaac guarding Mitchell I believe is because of the Harris injury. We’ve consistently played Harris and Suggs on Garland and Mitchell all series, and Gary couldn’t play in the 2nd half. His shot has been way off this series, but his defense has been really good and if he can’t go tomorrow I’ll be curious to see how we respond.

No matter what the situation is or reason to have JI guard mitchell or Garland, its's too risky. Luke_FfS just now mentioned the risk, and I alluded to it in a previous series. Mitchell and Garland are just too quick. JI could injure his knee due to their ability to quickly change direction at the drop of a dime.

Also, l still don't understand why coach won't give Goga significant minutes at the center position for rim protection and muscle. Let him use his minutes to bang whatever center the Cavs use. Even if Goga fouls out.  :D

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

No matter what the situation is or reason to have JI guard mitchell or Garland, its's too risky. Luke_FfS just now mentioned the risk, and I alluded to it in a previous series. Mitchell and Garland are just too quick. JI could injure his knee due to their ability to quickly change direction at the drop of a dime.

Also, l still don't understand why coach won't give Goga significant minutes at the center position for rim protection and muscle. Let him use his minutes to bang whatever center the Cavs use. Even if Goga fouls out.  :D

I wanted Mosley to try Goga on Allen when he was killing us in the first two games. I think Mobley is a bad match up for Goga though due to his quickness and athleticism.  

Windhorst was talking about it on his Pod Cast today. The Cavs player better offensively with only one big (Mobley or Allen) at center. His crew thought they would have to trade one eventually. 

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I'm not sure on Allen (losing a key rotation player it's not usually a good news), but you could have a point. During regular season they were hot when missing some players too. As us, they're also badly constructed, and the Allen-Mobley pairing it's hard to manage in today NBA. Both teams could have been great a couple decade ago though...

Not only at the end of the game, but at the start of the 4th too, when we had that monster lineup on the court. If it was a couple of possession thing, no problem, but actually happened in multiple possessions.

Two more things I forgot in my last post.

Even if Isaac is able to stay with Mitchell/Garland, one of his strenghts is interior def, covering all the weakness of his teammates and moving when is needed the most. If he has to stay outside the arc, that ability is lost. And when we had the super-high lineup at the start of the 4th quarter (with no starters and then with only 1, Suggs), Cleveland had both Mitchell and Garland in, as it was a key moment of the series.

NY last night has played all the starters almost 45 minutes... I don't pretend the same and I know Thibs tend to wear out his players, but we're so young, game 5 was possibly the most important one... IMO, we should have played all the guys that were working, and bench every rotation one that was not helping at all. 6+ minutes without either Banchero/Wagner was madness for me, in every game of the series, but especially in that one.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Two more things I forgot in my last post.

Even if Isaac is able to stay with Mitchell/Garland, one of his strenghts is interior def, covering all the weakness of his teammates and moving when is needed the most. If he has to stay outside the arc, that ability is lost. And when we had the super-high lineup at the start of the 4th quarter (with no starters and then with only 1, Suggs), Cleveland had both Mitchell and Garland in, as it was a key moment of the series.

NY last night has played all the starters almost 45 minutes... I don't pretend the same and I know Thibs tend to wear out his players, but we're so young, game 5 was possibly the most important one... IMO, we should have played all the guys that were working, and bench every rotation one that was not helping at all. 6+ minutes without either Banchero/Wagner was madness for me, in every game of the series, but especially in that one.

I agree completely. Mosely is like a youth basketball coach who has to give every player minutes. Lol. Which would be great if the drop off in talent wasn’t as bad as it is. He has not adjusted to playoff basketball well.