Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

***NEW! OFFICIAL 2024 PLAYOFFS GAME THREAD: ROUND 1: GAME 2, CAVS. VS MAGIC

Also, we need to figure out some offensive scheme other than get the ball across half court and give it to either Franz or Paulo outside the three point circle, then have everyone else mostly standing and watching as they try to create something.  Even with our inconsistent and not great guard play, I would hope we can do better than that.  

• Upvote 1

I was doing a wedding and missed game 1, but from the stats it looked like our guards couldn't possibly shoot worse. 4 for 33 with Jalen making those 4 couldn't possibly happen again. Cole, Harris, and Fultz will come back and shoot 50% tonight, watch!

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Shoot better... hit free throws.. come up with the 50 50 balls... and we can win 

What in the world was someone thinking when they gave you a down vote, Jay. I'm going to steal a  comic relief line from Fan For 2 long or Crazy Horse: (What were they drinking?)

I gave you an up vote too.  3Dt3zy.png 

Jay, you said what I along with others have posted about.

14 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Also, we need to figure out some offensive scheme other than get the ball across half court and give it to either Franz or Paulo outside the three point circle, then have everyone else mostly standing and watching as they try to create something.  Even with our inconsistent and not great guard play, I would hope we can do better than that.  

The advanced stats of the missed open 3s are mind blowing. We shot like 4 for 30 or something like that when a 3 was attempted with the closest defender 4+ feet away. We need to make shots and force Cleveland to defend outside the paint or else we’re gonna be stuck with iso ball in the half court, I fear.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

And stop walking the ball up the court after a defensive rebound or even after throwing the ball in from out of bounds.

Also, I hate it when our point guards roll the ball up the floor after taking it from out of bounds, then pick it up after crossing the half court line. I have seen point guards on other teams do that too.

That gives the opponent time to set up on defense.

22 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I was doing a wedding and missed game 1, but from the stats it looked like our guards couldn't possibly shoot worse. 4 for 33 with Jalen making those 4 couldn't possibly happen again. Cole, Harris, and Fultz will come back and shoot 50% tonight, watch!

Suggs has been a good defender in the regular season, but in the playoffs, he is trying too hard to live up to the hype. I believe that is affecting his ability to score on offense (in the playoffs). He made a lot of 3 pt. shots toward the end of the regular season.

He is also arguing too much with the referees.

That's my opinion.

***Okay, I'm waiting for the down votes.  :)

33 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Suggs has been a good defender in the regular season, but in the playoffs, he is trying too hard to live up to the hype. I believe that is affecting his ability to score on offense (in the playoffs). He made a lot of 3 pt. shots toward the end of the regular season.

He is also arguing too much with the referees.

That's my opinion.

***Okay, I'm waiting for the down votes.  :)

Not getting any downvotes from me. I agree that Jalen plays extremely emotional, it’s his greatest strength when he’s playing well and his greatest weakness when he’s playing poorly. We just need to breathe and play Magic basketball. We got this!

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The advanced stats of the missed open 3s are mind blowing. We shot like 4 for 30 or something like that when a 3 was attempted with the closest defender 4+ feet away. We need to make shots and force Cleveland to defend outside the paint or else we’re gonna be stuck with iso ball in the half court, I fear.

You’re right.  

We’re 1-12 in franchise history in playoff game 2s on the road. Only game 2 playoff road win for the Magic was 22 years ago -_-

Let’s start to turn that trend around… I’d say we’re due!

I hope we start WCJ at the five and bring JI off the bench. I think that better balances us out. Additionally, Harris better make his shots or else AB needs to get his minutes. Already I think AB is as good a defender as Harris. Go Magic!