Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Not sure the best place to put off-season stuff until the playoff run is over

Also yea I want to make an off-season thread but I feel like it's bad karma to make one while we're still fighting.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also yea I want to make an off-season thread but I feel like it's bad karma to make one while we're still fighting.

hell no... wait...do not dare CT LOL 

Making the playoffs and having a good fight has been so good for us. Getting our young studs experience and showing who belongs and where our weaknesses are. Paolo has shown his ceiling is best player in the league, Franz is an all-star, JI and WCJ are menaces in the paint and need to be part of our long term plan. I’ve been harsh on Wendell because of his scoring, but he doesn’t need to score to be effective. He’s a beast down low and he opens up so much space with the screens he sets. Suggs’ next level of growth needs to be playing less like a role player on offense, by that I mean shooting on the road like he does at home. His defense will travel and he’s the heart of this team.

Also shows us some of the bad, mainly in the backcourt. Harris has played great defense, but he can’t hit the broadside of a barn, so he can’t be our long term starting 2. Fultz is succeeding in the bench lineup because the Cavs are actively ignoring him and he still hasn’t even attempted a 3, so his spacing doesn’t work with our team. Cole has been DREADFUL. I’m probably more disappointed in him than anyone else on the team this series. I know we just extended him, but I’d be looking for an out.

The neutral guys are Moe and Joe to me, they are who they are. The highs on offense are fun, but the defense is so so bad from them individually so it’s like riding a rollercoaster when they’re on the floor.

Also another high that needs to be mentioned is Mosely, especially in games 3-5. He’s made adjustments and has found ways to tap in to getting the best out of guys, especially at home. I feel like we’ve already achieved what I hoped to this season, making the playoffs and having a competitive first round series. Winning game 6 and forcing a game 7 would be so much fun, especially to see game 7 Paolo, he’s got that DOG in him and I could see him putting up one for the ages on Sunday if we can get to that point.

25 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Making the playoffs and having a good fight has been so good for us. Getting our young studs experience and showing who belongs and where our weaknesses are. Paolo has shown his ceiling is best player in the league, Franz is an all-star, JI and WCJ are menaces in the paint and need to be part of our long term plan. I’ve been harsh on Wendell because of his scoring, but he doesn’t need to score to be effective. He’s a beast down low and he opens up so much space with the screens he sets. Suggs’ next level of growth needs to be playing less like a role player on offense, by that I mean shooting on the road like he does at home. His defense will travel and he’s the heart of this team.

Also shows us some of the bad, mainly in the backcourt. Harris has played great defense, but he can’t hit the broadside of a barn, so he can’t be our long term starting 2. Fultz is succeeding in the bench lineup because the Cavs are actively ignoring him and he still hasn’t even attempted a 3, so his spacing doesn’t work with our team. Cole has been DREADFUL. I’m probably more disappointed in him than anyone else on the team this series. I know we just extended him, but I’d be looking for an out.

The neutral guys are Moe and Joe to me, they are who they are. The highs on offense are fun, but the defense is so so bad from them individually so it’s like riding a rollercoaster when they’re on the floor.

Also another high that needs to be mentioned is Mosely, especially in games 3-5. He’s made adjustments and has found ways to tap in to getting the best out of guys, especially at home. I feel like we’ve already achieved what I hoped to this season, making the playoffs and having a competitive first round series. Winning game 6 and forcing a game 7 would be so much fun, especially to see game 7 Paolo, he’s got that DOG in him and I could see him putting up one for the ages on Sunday if we can get to that point.

When has Joe had offensive highs? He is barely better than Cole at this point. As far as Paolo in game 7 he will definitely gets his chance to shine because he will take the opportunity he is not shy. His passing is his weakness. He is willing sometimes to pass but his vision is not good. I’m still not sure him and Franz are a good pairing. They seem to work better when the other is off the floor. Their games are maybe to similar. 

31 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

When has Joe had offensive highs? He is barely better than Cole at this point. As far as Paolo in game 7 he will definitely gets his chance to shine because he will take the opportunity he is not shy. His passing is his weakness. He is willing sometimes to pass but his vision is not good. I’m still not sure him and Franz are a good pairing. They seem to work better when the other is off the floor. Their games are maybe to similar. 

I think Joe was a +12 in 10 minutes last night. First good game of the series for him, and he’s not a long term piece.

I’m impressed by Paolo because he’s doing what he’s doing as the only consistent offensive threat. The turnovers are frustrating but they’re a result of how bad the half court offense is. I cant wait to see Paolo with a secondary playmaker that is a threat to score and can set him up for some easy shots. Right now everything he does is so damn difficult, and he’s still playing at a high level. Franz isn’t a playmaker for others on O imo. He’s an iso guy and if he can’t get his jumpshot back, he’s not gonna fit long term with Paolo.

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think Joe was a +12 in 10 minutes last night. First good game of the series for him, and he’s not a long term piece.

I’m impressed by Paolo because he’s doing what he’s doing as the only consistent offensive threat. The turnovers are frustrating but they’re a result of how bad the half court offense is. I cant wait to see Paolo with a secondary playmaker that is a threat to score and can set him up for some easy shots. Right now everything he does is so damn difficult, and he’s still playing at a high level. Franz isn’t a playmaker for others on O imo. He’s an iso guy and if he can’t get his jumpshot back, he’s not gonna fit long term with Paolo.

Just to keep it real here, a lot of Paulo's turnovers are no-look passes to the top of the arc right into defenders hands, and his handle is often too high and loose. That's all on him. Additionally, Paulo's defense has a lot of room for growth. In regards to the Franz playmaker bit, the numbers tell a different story, as he's averaging more assists than Paulo in the playoffs with far less of a usage rate (22% vs 32%). Honestly, our guard play is so bad and inconsistent on offense that's hard for me to get a read on Paulo and Franz's ceilings right now. 

One more interesting thing I just discovered about Paulo. He averaged 7 FTA/ game in the regular season, and he's averaging only 4.2 FTA/game in the playoffs. The Cavs deserve a lot of credit for their very good interior defense, which has taken away our number one offensive strength.

15 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Just to keep it real here, a lot of Paulo's turnovers are no-look passes to the top of the arc right into defenders hands, and his handle is often too high and loose. That's all on him. Additionally, Paulo's defense has a lot of room for growth. In regards to the Franz playmaker bit, the numbers tell a different story, as he's averaging more assists than Paulo in the playoffs with far less of a usage rate (22% vs 32%). Honestly, our guard play is so bad and inconsistent on offense that's hard for me to get a read on Paulo and Franz's ceilings right now. 

Yeah, agreed. Half court offense is pretty much limited to either Paolo iso or Franz iso and you’re right Paolo’s handle is waaayyyy too loose. I can’t wait to get a competent offensive guard in here.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I think Herro will be back on the block… 

the sharpshooter we need, contract not too high but hopefully won't cost us our regulars.

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I think Herro will be back on the block… 

He didn’t shoot well at all this Playoffs but he is still better than DLo…..lol

“The Philadelphia 76ers and Orlando Magic are reportedly preparing to pursue All-Star wing Paul George if he explores leaving the Los Angeles Clippers.

‘There's two teams that are paying very close attention to Paul George: the Orlando Magic and the Philadelphia 76ers,’ ESPN's Ramona Shelburne said on the Hoop Collective (17:45 mark). ‘Because both of them have the money to throw at him and have a need for a wing, just like him, a veteran guy. Every time I watch the Sixers I'm like, 'Oh, they could use Paul George.’

ESPN's Brian Windhorst then chimed in, saying George's future in Los Angeles may come down to the Clippers' willingness to offer him a max contract.”

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10119371-paul-george-rumors-76ers-magic-eye-star-clippers-dont-want-to-give-max-contract.amp.html