Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

ORLANDO MAGIC MAKES THE 2023-2024 PLAYOFFS! CELEBRATE!

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

138 million over the next 3 years. That’s what Trae Young is owed. I wouldn’t touch that contract even with a pick or two included.

My big-NO to Trae was basically related to chemestry problems and fit in our team (even before his return to action), but you added the financial part that is always important. Please stay away.

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, Hawks probably would’ve been better off if he didn’t come back this year. 0-4 and got spanked in every game. Chemistry on that team is awful and they need to make a move and Trae needs a change of scenery, but that contract is brutal. It will lower what Atlanta is able to get back for him. My opinion is I think Trae is too risky to the locker room to take a chance on, we don’t need another guy thinking he’s Batman, we need another Robin that’ll happily play off of Franz and Paolo, Trae isn’t that guy.

I’ve seen a video on youtube, that explained the problem with Trae/ Dejaunte and the Hawks…

They are both only effective players with the ball in their hands. And both are unwilling to share. They play a „my turn, your turn..” offense when they are both healthy.. 

So it’s actually not a knock and Trae or Dejaunte, but both don’t work with the way we play in Orlando. We want and will continue to do so, play with Franz and Paolo handling the ball. That’s what we are doing. Part of me wants a PG to handle offensive duties, but that won’t happen imo.. 

So my focus will shift towards players that are willing to play off ball, and can be effective doing so. 
Simons is one of those players where i’d hope he’d fit right in there. 

Another player i’d think would be a great fit is Mikal Bridges. He’s actually a perfect fit for this starting unit. 

Love Vassell for us as well. 

But this team will probably continue to grow organically. My opinion is we sign Monk in FA and draft McCain or Da Silva. 
It’s not a splashy way, but it’s based on fit, i guess

3 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

But this team will probably continue to grow organically. My opinion is we sign Monk in FA and draft McCain or Da Silva. 
It’s not a splashy way, but it’s based on fit, i guess

We need either a starting PG or SG that can create their own shot, buy into our defensive scheme, and share ball handling with Suggs. I have to wonder how much better Gary Harris would be if we actually ran plays for him?

1 minute ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

We need either a starting PG or SG that can create their own shot, buy into our defensive scheme, and share ball handling with Suggs. I have to wonder how much better Gary Harris would be if we actually ran plays for him?

Actually I think the obvious is Monk. He’s great off the ball and really underrated as an occasional ball handler/playmaker.. He can run some pick and roll. 

Again. We are definitely not looking for a ball dominant player. We are trying to be somewhat unique in building a team with long playmakers that create big problems for opponents. 

The Magic actually ended up leading the league in free throw attempt rate. If we can get the whistle I'm confident we win at least a couple games. If the refs swallow the whistles in the playoffs we might be in trouble. 

Ultimately Magic basketball is playing tough defense, forcing turnovers, attacking the boards on both ends, attacking the paint and getting to the FT line. If we can translate all of that to playoff basketball I think we can actually win this series. 

If any of that deserts us it'll be tough sledding. We overcome our lack of shooting with just getting more possessions than our opponents and getting free ones at the FT line to balance the math of trading 2 for 3 at times. If we can't do that we'll need guys to shoot above their station.