Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Draft Thread

Grant Hill probably discussed with Paolo that he'd be a part of the FIBA team but likely not make the Olympic team this soon when he approached him to play for team USA. 

Worth noting Italy haven't yet qualified for the Olympics so it's not like Paolo was guaranteed to be their if he went with Italy.

47 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also what does this have to do with the NBA Draft? 

it’s both in the off season?! lol.. I dunno. I didn’t even noticed i was in the draft thread. Sorry for off topic

6 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

it’s both in the off season?! lol.. I dunno. I didn’t even noticed i was in the draft thread. Sorry for off topic

Nah you're good man that comment wasn't aimed at you specifically just everyone, I've been discussing it too lol

29 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

New Givony ESPN mock has us getting Tristan Da Silva. I hope so.

The good part of us dropping in the standings (which i actually hoped for) is that we can probably choose from Da Silva, maybe even McCain or a surprise player that drops (maybe Salaun) 

Its still tough to evaluate who will be available. Imo, in this draft, Da Silva, Salaun and McCain should be Top 10 picks. 

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also what does this have to do with the NBA Draft? 

Thought I put the thought in another thread and everyone ran with it. My bad! 

Doubt 2nd round pick will be kept because of the young guns "we have" to continue to develop: AB, Jett and this year 1st rounder.

The second 1st round pick we have in 2026 is a product of trading a bunch of 2nd round picks....so this year's could easily be traded for a better asset in the future.

" The Orlando Magic have acquired the unprotected swap rights to a 2026 first round draft pick from Phoenix or Washington in exchange for three future second round draft picks – the 2024 pick from Denver, the 2026 least-favorable pick between Orlando, Milwaukee or Detroit (via the L.A. Clippers) and 2028 pick"

"During the next seven NBA drafts (2024-30), Orlando has eight first round picks and 12 second round picks."

3 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Doubt 2nd round pick will be kept because of the young guns "we have" to continue to develop: AB, Jett and this year 1st rounder.

The second 1st round pick we have in 2026 is a product of trading a bunch of 2nd round picks....so this year's could easily be traded for a better asset in the future.

" The Orlando Magic have acquired the unprotected swap rights to a 2026 first round draft pick from Phoenix or Washington in exchange for three future second round draft picks – the 2024 pick from Denver, the 2026 least-favorable pick between Orlando, Milwaukee or Detroit (via the L.A. Clippers) and 2028 pick"

"During the next seven NBA drafts (2024-30), Orlando has eight first round picks and 12 second round picks."

we should use that 2nd round pick. Okeke time is up, maybe Bitadze if he’s too expensive.. 

I see some top available players available. People forget about Djurisic! Imo he’s more talented than Topic, who is projected Top 5 pick. He could fall. 

Karaban would be a nice replacement for Okeke

Trevon Brazile also nice hybrid PF/C

Ivisic could fall, absolutely would take him as Bitadze replacement 

Pacome Dadiet is a great and underrated player. Absolutely a great replacement for Okeke. 

other possible players that could be 2nd round players.

Chomche, Ajay Mitchell, Almansa, Scheierman, Bona, Reeves, Spencer, Kolek and many many more.. 

This draft is low on superstars and franchise players, but imo is loaded on good role players or potentially elite role players.. 
I like our draft position (bad draft to own a top 10 pick), especially with the success we had this season. 

3 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

we should use that 2nd round pick. Okeke time is up, maybe Bitadze if he’s too expensive.. 

I see some top available players available. People forget about Djurisic! Imo he’s more talented than Topic, who is projected Top 5 pick. He could fall. 

Karaban would be a nice replacement for Okeke

Trevon Brazile also nice hybrid PF/C

Ivisic could fall, absolutely would take him as Bitadze replacement 

Pacome Dadiet is a great and underrated player. Absolutely a great replacement for Okeke. 

other possible players that could be 2nd round players.

Chomche, Ajay Mitchell, Almansa, Scheierman, Bona, Reeves, Spencer, Kolek and many many more.. 

This draft is low on superstars and franchise players, but imo is loaded on good role players or potentially elite role players.. 
I like our draft position (bad draft to own a top 10 pick), especially with the success we had this season. 

Karaban is leaning towards coming back.

I'm pretty confident we're not picking in the second round given the amount of roster spots we likely have available. 

Unless we're willing to pick in the second and give the guy a 2 way contract, not something we've ever done historically under Weltman.