Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Draft Thread

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea I saw Jonathan Givony tweeted about him last week on Reddit.

Mid major, 22 year old forward who can't shoot doesn't sound like a draft pick to me but I admit I've never actually watched him play.

wasserman put him up on twitter maybe same vid

20 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

wasserman put him up on twitter maybe same vid

Guessing scouts have been talking about him if both Wasserman and Givony have brought him up.

Ok here’s the story on Big Z …kid hasn’t played all season pending NCAA approval …is 7’2” from Croatia …got approved right before today’s game …Cal put him in …I’ve never seen anything like it in a first game on a big stage …hit 5 threes, blocking shots, throwing dimes, elbowed somebody got a tech …crazy skilled kid …check the video …oh I forgot, throwing behind the back passes …I sure don’t see our bigs doing this kinda stuff 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Ok here’s the story on Big Z …kid hasn’t played all season pending NCAA approval …is 7’2” from Croatia …got approved right before today’s game …Cal put him in …I’ve never seen anything like it in a first game on a big stage …hit 5 threes, blocking shots, throwing dimes, elbowed somebody got a tech …crazy skilled kid …check the video …oh I forgot, throwing behind the back passes …I sure don’t see our bigs doing this kinda stuff 

told us he was going to be the best big of the draft! would have wished for us he couldn’t play so maybe he’d get slept on. But he’ll be a top 10 pick in this draft now!

Worth noting Ivisic is old for a freshman, he's like half a year older than Anthony Black for example and he's been draft eligible for 2 years. 

But in this class, if he has consistent performances like that, he's probably a top 5 pick. 

Also I would take a flier in second round on Omoruyi from Rutgers. 6-11 240 athletic and long. Good defending shot blocking center. 

Domask also looks promising from Illinois 5th year player. Smart player who can get hot, fearless. 

Kansas's Johnny Furphy has kind of had a run of breakout games the last few. Big wing freshman who can shoot should always be on our radar. 

The Ringer draft guide is online. It is, as always, absolutely hilarious. Kevin O Connor is such a a terrible scout it's unreal. 

For the "shades of" section for Justin Edwards (6'8 forward) he has Malik Monk (6'3 guard). I do not believe anybody who has ever seen Justin Edwards play would think he looked anything like Malik Monk. They are both lefties who played at Kentucky. That is where their similarities end.

He has Cody Williams at 2 with "shades of" Jalen Rose. But Oso Ighodaro at 20 with "shades of" Al Horford and Izan Almansa at 25 with "shades of" Kevin Love. Make it make sense. This man is not a scout he's just a guy with a fancy website. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Ringer draft guide is online. It is, as always, absolutely hilarious. Kevin O Connor is such a a terrible scout it's unreal. 

For the "shades of" section for Justin Edwards (6'8 forward) he has Malik Monk (6'3 guard). I do not believe anybody who has ever seen Justin Edwards play would think he looked anything like Malik Monk. They are both lefties who played at Kentucky. That is where their similarities end.

He has Cody Williams at 2 with "shades of" Jalen Rose. But Oso Ighodaro at 20 with "shades of" Al Horford and Izan Almansa at 25 with "shades of" Kevin Love. Make it make sense. This man is not a scout he's just a guy with a fancy website. 

lol that’s terrible.. He doesn’t even watch highlight videos if he makes these comparisons lol

Dalton Knecht is on an absolute tear right now. Just can't stop scoring. I love the slow deliberate way he plays the game on ball, just gets to his spots and scores the ball. Think I might have him in my lottery now. 

Is it terrible, now that I expect us to be out of the lottery, that I really don't care about the NBA draft during the season? I get that it's important and you can find serviceable backups or diamonds in the rough, but it's really hard for me to get into the NBA draft knowing that we are not going to get any of the top players.