Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

They doubled Banchero …he made the right read 

But at what point? When the Magic came back down the court, I thought I saw Banchero with the ball near the top of the key with one defender near by. I kept saying to myself "drive the ball" (into the paint." )

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

The right coaching move is not even have Ingles in. He was sitting cold and he’s old. And of course Paolo was doubled that’s good coaching, but not what Mosely’s counter to that was. 

I feel you …I do question the rotations tonight though 

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

But at what point? When the Magic came back down the court, I thought I saw Banchero with the ball near the top of the key with one defender near by. I kept saying to myself "drive the ball" (into the paint." )

On the last possession Ingles man left him to double Banchero when he started to drive …if that helps you 

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m sure the last playcall was Paolo iso and Ingles winding up with the shot was all Paolo making the selfless and IMO correct play. If the shot goes in we’re all praising it. The last play didn’t lose us the game.

And I agree on the AB takes. He’s a baby trying to learn one of if not the hardest position to play in professional sports. He’s gonna take patience, but injuries are continuing to force our hand to throw him into the fire

Yeah I am confused and don’t understand …I saw Fultz on the bench and encouraging teammates the entire 4th quarter …made no sense for him to sit that long …when somebody gets some facts I’m all ears 

1 minute ago, ball junkie said:

On the last possession Ingles man left him to double Banchero when he started to drive …if that helps you 

Ingles has to make that shot. Wide open look.

12 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

You guys get me Anfernee Simons and I’ll never say another word about AB lol

This. Time to go all in around Paulo and Franz.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

You guys get me Anfernee Simons and I’ll never say another word about AB lol

Welcome to the club! lol

I don’t like losing games we should win, but as you’ve mentioned, losing games like this before the deadline *should* force Weltman to make a move. This team as constructed is a 8-10 seed play-in team with a coin flip on getting a chance to get abused by Boston, Milwaukee or Philly in the first round.

Also, I know I’ve been harsh on him, so need to shine some praise, kudos to JI for a season high of 22 minutes, all effective and even some crunch time. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and he doesn’t get a rest day on Sunday