Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

the Miami win was probably enough for Weltham to wait for summer to add to the roster. 

This fo has shown its slow approach, it’s lethargic and conservative approach. 

We took too long to blow up AG, Voice and Fournier

We mostly punt on 2nd round picks

We couldn’t fleece Dallas out of assets and draft Lively and then trade back. (This was by far the easiest way to get additional assets and still draft your guy. It was so obvious and easy to see that Sallas wanted Lively so bad)

and we won’t ever be proactive. 

We will loose our “assets” in FA and can’t get anything in return. 

Should have sold Bol Bol high, should have traded RJ Hampton because it was clear we won’t have minutes for him. Same could and will be said about Okeke, Hampton.

We should sell Bitadze high tbh

The other day i read a tweet, i thin The Lando, about the availability of quality guards in FA in the next years. It was clear that there aren’t any options out there! No options besides a Fox UFA in 2025, which will probably never happen. 
So it was clear that getting Murray and/or Simons are about the only options to add a quality established PG in the coming years. Or now or never opportunity for this timeline. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Fultz listed as out tonight for injury maintenance . Gary still out. Jett re-assigned to Lakeland. Everyone else should be a go

Update: Isaac also out for injury maintenance

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to get a little information from somebody out there. As I posted earlier, I was very disappointed that Fultz is not available tonight. I wanted original starting five to get a run of five games or so before the trade deadline. But I guess that's not gonna happen.

But then I got to thinking about this not available due to health maintenance designation. Why would you ever list anyone under that condition? Why would you not just have them suit up, and not play them... like we did with Bitaze last night. Whether it's Markel,l Ji whoever, have them suited up, have them on the bench, and just don't play them unless you need to. 

This would do two things. One, the opposite team would have to game plan for them. And #2 if you really got into trouble and needed to save the game, they would be available. It seems like a really poor tactical decision to list anyone that way. 

Can someone tell me, is there any real good valid reason to list someone as out for injury maintenance? Rather than just leave them on the bench and not play them? I look forward to all of your greater knowledge informing me lol

21 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to get a little information from somebody out there. As I posted earlier, I was very disappointed that Fultz is not available tonight. I wanted original starting five to get a run of five games or so before the trade deadline. But I guess that's not gonna happen.

But then I got to thinking about this not available due to health maintenance designation. Why would you ever list anyone under that condition? Why would you not just have them suit up, and not play them... like we did with Bitaze last night. Whether it's Markel,l Ji whoever, have them suited up, have them on the bench, and just don't play them unless you need to. 

This would do two things. One, the opposite team would have to game plan for them. And #2 if you really got into trouble and needed to save the game, they would be available. It seems like a really poor tactical decision to list anyone that way. 

Can someone tell me, is there any real good valid reason to list someone as out for injury maintenance? Rather than just leave them on the bench and not play them? I look forward to all of your greater knowledge informing me lol

I wouldn’t say i have knowledge but i’d imagine the reason is because of NBA „tanking“ rules.. 

The NBA has been pretty vocal about its displeasure of teams resting their players, so injury maintenance is a better reason to sit those players. The NBA will most definitely look at those cases (in general) and determine if it’s a real condition or not. In our case, injury maintenance is definitely justified 

OK   i guess that makes sense   and i am not saying that i know better than the players and/or trainers    if they sit they sit

just curious about why the designation      i guess the anti tanking kinda makes sense,   thanks

My son , who is more of a hockey fan, said they call it a healthy scratch ... and that it is usually a sign

that the player is about to be traded

15 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

OK   i guess that makes sense   and i am not saying that i know better than the players and/or trainers    if they sit they sit

just curious about why the designation      i guess the anti tanking kinda makes sense,   thanks

My son , who is more of a hockey fan, said they call it a healthy scratch ... and that it is usually a sign

Yeah this is true in most sports.. In the NBA, players sometimes get traded at half time lol. 

So i never heard of that strategy to sit certain players because they are soon going to be traded. 

In soccer, a deal is done, paper work has to be filed and payments are agreed on. These contracts take a couple of days, so yeah they do sit players if a team is about to sell a player. 

Bit not in the NBA. 

Lavine seems to be traded for a long time now. He is playing, recently got injured as well. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Update: Isaac also out for injury maintenance

This, along with Fultz’s maintenance, is bad on so many levels. Young guys, and young teams, need consistency. Very tired of the situation with these two specifically.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

This, along with Fultz’s maintenance, is bad on so many levels. Young guys, and young teams, need consistency. Very tired of the situation with these two specifically.

i agree    but they both seemed strong last night     makes me wonder if these "injury maintenance"  are the players choice or the training staff    and if the staff, how much do they take the players opinions into account?

1 hour ago, harryfromphilly said:

Vegas and sports betting needs this information. 

For me fwiw …I think they are trying to keep the roster available come playoff time to see what we got …hence the injury maintenance on a back to back