Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Sixers drop a home game to the Grizzlies.

Wow that's a bad loss for them. And Cleveland losing to the Hawks as well. Tonight was like living in an alternate universe or something.

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Eastern conference finals gonna be very interesting when we get there this season!!! 

Now that's the way to stay positive folks! I am actually thinking about writing a book about the importance of positivity in our daily lives. I just don't think it will sell many copies though. 

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Now that's the way to stay positive folks! I am actually thinking about writing a book about the importance of positivity in our daily lives. I just don't think it will sell many copies though. 

Bi polar much?  Lol

if Paolo and Franz were not as good as they are or not here, this team would be challenging Detroit for last. Thank goodness. This team needs a real point guard to take them to elite level. Oh and a coach who knows offensive concepts. I think they could make it past the first round this year with Isaac healthy, past that would be a small miracle. 

14 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Bi polar much?  Lol

if Paolo and Franz were not as good as they are or not here, this team would be challenging Detroit for last. Thank goodness. This team needs a real point guard to take them to elite level. Oh and a coach who knows offensive concepts. I think they could make it past the first round this year with Isaac healthy, past that would be a small miracle. 

Its all about patience. Clearly the vision is to have as many ball handlers as possible.. positionless basketball basically. Markelle is a true PG but we all know his weakness which unfortunately is huge for him.

Our best players are 21.. 22 and 22 we are in amazing shape.

AB is gonna be a absolute stud that's obvious on the eye test...

Let alone Jett waiting in the wings.

As for coach absolutely nothing wrong with Mose... he is growing too. A top players coach. 

56 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Bi polar much?  Lol

I agree. The turnovers are very telling. Outside of Fultz we don't have a guard that put pressure on the rim. Suggs can barely get pass his man, and when he does he rarely gets to the rim. Teams are going to try to expose this in the playoff. Paolo has to tighten his handle. He tend to get the ball poke from him a lot, and he has to stop with the jump passes. He just needs to take the shot in those situations. Hopefully, Fultz knee strengthen up over these next couple of weeks, because I think we're going to need him to close out games for us.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

The key to all of this success is easy to pinpoint… AB’s new do.

Yea~yah!! (my new way of saying "yes"). In an earlier post, when I first found out he had ditched the 'fro'--got the hair out of his face--I said that it would improve his peripheral vision. AB is moving like a gazelle (meaning: fast moving deer).

In the first game I watched where he wore the braids, I could not find him when he was on the court. When I was able to spot him, he looked thinner. Yes, it's the new do. 

SVP and Legler just had a whole segment on SC about the Magic. Talking Paolo and Franz being 6'10 play making wings. Also, had nice thing to say about Suggs. But they did spend a lot of time talking about our lack of 3pt shooting. Pretty much said that's an area the other top teams can burn us at. Weltman needs to fix that this off-season. 

4 hours ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

I picked the Cavs to beat the Hawks and they lost. I picked Philly to beat the high school team in Memphis and they are about to lose. So, a couple of picks I get wrong here and there. No need to get feisty fans of other teams.

I know who you are!!!! I figured it out! 

You must be Jim Cramer lol. 

but let’s be honest.. You trolling here or do we need to be concerned with your health? 

first big thanks for the win to the most important player to right… Jordan Poole.. Dude was so annoying, talking smack after getting a 20 point lead cut to half right before halftime. I can actually see why he got punched. he must have not seen the “F around and find out” chart. 

Bitadze and Ingles were big disappointments for me today. Ingles with no effort and he cannot see the floor if he plays like this. He ain’t Harden. 

Bitadze showed fans that thought he is a starter, that he really isn’t. He can’t do anything on offense. They got away with playing Kispert against him. Part of it was that we don’t have ball handlers that can play the pick and roll like that. We don’t have that game, otherwise this game had been lob city 2.0