Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is pathetic and it shows you just how low our floor is. We’ve been turning the ball over like crazy for the past like 2 weeks, was just a matter of time til it led to an embarrassing performance. Especially when you’re so comfortable holding out 1/3 of our rotation including 2 starters for “injury maintenance”

Exactly! It's been smoke and mirrors recently. We've been getting lucky playing horrible teams with all these turnovers. Once we start playing against the top tier teams we will get destroyed. Most of them are unforced turnovers. Horrible. Just horrible!

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

I think the whole team is on injury maintenance. Wtf is this bs. 

Are you familiar with the term "giveaway game?" That is what tonight is. Coaches essentially mail it in by resting key players and starting a couple of guys on offense that make it appear as though they are playing 3 on 5 when they have the ball. (Goga and Black) 

People who think Mosely is good at running plays. Give me a f ing break. Unless you call for nothing but whoever gets the ball, go make a one on one play while the other four sit and watch. Lolololol

With the Magic loss tonight and the Sixers win over that high school team in Memphis we will now drop back down to number 7 in the standings. However, only a half game behind the Knicks for the 4 spot. But if we keep playing like this then..well...I'm sure we all know how things will end.

• Downvote 2

I hate to say it, but does anyone here think we would benefit greatly from a decent point guard that can get us into correct sets and direct the team accordingly? A nice veteran acquisition at the deadline would have been tremendous folks. A lot of wild one on one out there with little or no direction. Causing a lot of havoc resulting in numerous turnovers. 

The Wizards are playing carefree and loose. Poole is having fun out there. He was mocking the Magic at times. Looked like Goga wasn't too happy about it.

We need a lead guard. Weltman really has to reshape this roster this off-season. We need guys that can't get there own shot and put the ball in the bucket. That will really open thing up for Paolo. The lack of spacing is so obvious. Teams aren't threaten by our shooters, so they just pack the paint.

A guy like Simons would do wonder for this team. He has to change his approach on these defensive minded, offensively challenge prospects, and bring in guys that can score. Balance it out. 

We were down by 30+ pts. We would have gone into halftime down by 9 if it had not been for a missed shot and then allowing them to make a 3.

I don't think the Wizards can continue to shoot the way they did in the first half. We are down by only 12 with 2 quarters to go. I think winning this game is doable.

• Upvote 2